Notifications
Clear all

Will subcision help? Pics included

MemberMember
(@scarredtodepression)

Posted : 05/06/2018 12:41 pm

Positively blown away by the result of subcision on one small section that were done on me 3 weeks ago. I chose to do this as a test first to see how my skin responds etc.I hope I get the same result on my entire face. Praying hard. This will mean
REBIRTH FOR ME
BECAUSE LORD KNOWS HOW BADLY IT HAS AFFECTED MY LIFE

I am getting my full face with DrRullan this week. They have been so sweet to me with understanding why this is so important to me and my emails with Amy have been wonderful. Very accommodating, sweet and professional
. They seem to be genuinely empathetic and sensitive and care for their patients. Anyway I'll update more after it's done this week.

dazzed and Amp2695 liked
MemberMember
(@incepticon)

Posted : 05/06/2018 4:34 pm

Looks good, hopefully you will start living your life to the fullest once you get to where you want to be.
As a fellow scar sufferer i understand how much this means, and every story of success is a glimps of hope for all of us. Keep fighting the good fight!

MemberMember
(@scarredtodepression)

Posted : 05/06/2018 4:47 pm

5 minutes ago, incepticon said:

Looks good, hopefully you will start living your life to the fullest once you get to where you want to be.
As a fellow scar sufferer i understand how much this means, and every story of success is a glimps of hope for all of us. Keep fighting the good fight!

Thank you . Exactly. To say it's like rebirth and life transforming is an understatement. And yes every success story brings me so much joy that I could experience the same outcome one day. No matter what we will overcome this! As a female in the fitness industry and being a public person it's a even bigger blow to the ego where so much is based on appearance. Doctors who are willing to help people like us deserve all the recogniztion especially if they feel your pain because it's a cold judgemental World out there. Yes there are a lot of physicians but only a few genuinely caring ones.

MemberMember
(@incepticon)

Posted : 05/07/2018 9:12 am

16 hours ago, Scarredtodepression said:
16 hours ago, incepticon said:

Thank you . Exactly. To say it's like rebirth and life transforming is an understatement. And yes every success story brings me so much joy that I could experience the same outcome one day. No matter what we will overcome this! As a female in the fitness industry and being a public person it's a even bigger blow to the ego where so much is based on appearance. Doctors who are willing to help people like us deserve all the recogniztion especially if they feel your pain because it's a cold judgemental World out there. Yes there are a lot of physicians but only a few genuinely caring ones.

I am particularly interested in your case since i can see from the pictures that you have a skin tone cose to mine. And your scarring reminds me of mine. Is your ethnic background from the mediterinnian?

If you leave Dr Rullan with a smile, i might consider travelling to the US this summer or next summer to do a couple of procedures with him. I have about 3 weeks of vacation which means i can span procedures three weeks. I'm not very fond with my experience in Europe. They don't seem as professional as doctors in this field in the US

MemberMember
(@scarredtodepression)

Posted : 05/07/2018 6:15 pm

10 hours ago, incepticon said:
I am particularly interested in your case since i can see from the pictures that you have a skin tone cose to mine. And your scarring reminds me of mine. Is your ethnic background from the mediterinnian? 

If you leave Dr Rullan with a smile, i might consider travelling to the US this summer or next summer to do a couple of procedures with him. I have about 3 weeks of vacation which means i can span procedures three weeks. I'm not very fond with my experience in Europe. They don't seem as professional as doctors in this field in the US 

No I'm Indian. :)  I just checked your pictures yesterday and I can see how it affects you as well. atleast you can cover it up with beard a little. But yes I will be updating here very often after my procedure on in two days. 
Not all doctors in US are the same and a lot of them don't know how to do scars or even Acne 
I saw your results and I thought you would have better results but I guess it really depends on individual or the doctor and the way the procedure is performed and the healing is what makes a difference I am not sure but hopefully I will get Good result 

MemberMember
(@amp2695)

Posted : 05/07/2018 8:01 pm

just please do us all a favor... if you get amazing results don't leave us, let us know. That happens soooo many times its so annoying.

dazzed liked
MemberMember
(@scarredtodepression)

Posted : 05/07/2018 10:49 pm

2 hours ago, Amp2695 said:

just please do us all a favor... if you get amazing results don't leave us, let us know. That happens soooo many times its so annoying.

I will ofcourse. This means so much to me and if I could see the light then I want others to be able to too. BEcause of the effect it has on our lives. It is so sad. But this gives hope and I want to be the proof that it really does give hope like a few others here have been

MemberMember
(@incepticon)

Posted : 05/08/2018 5:05 am

10 hours ago, Scarredtodepression said:

No I'm Indian. :)  I just checked your pictures yesterday and I can see how it affects you as well. atleast you can cover it up with beard a little. But yes I will be updating here very often after my procedure on in two days. 
Not all doctors in US are the same and a lot of them don't know how to do scars or even Acne 
I saw your results and I thought you would have better results but I guess it really depends on individual or the doctor and the way the procedure is performed and the healing is what makes a difference I am not sure but hopefully I will get Good result 

Yes, unfortunately i'm not happy about my subcision results at all. But it all boils down to the doctor and of course healing factor. Fingers crossed for you getting good results from Rullan. :)

MemberMember
(@amp2695)

Posted : 05/08/2018 10:48 am

11 hours ago, Scarredtodepression said:
I will ofcourse. This means so much to me and if I could see the light then I want others to be able to too. BEcause of the effect it has on our lives. It is so sad. But this gives hope and I want to be the proof that it really does give hope like a few others here have been

when will you be getting your filler? and what type are you getting?

MemberMember
(@scarredtodepression)

Posted : 05/08/2018 12:11 pm

1 hour ago, Amp2695 said:
13 hours ago, Scarredtodepression said:

when will you be getting your filler? and what type are you getting?

This go im only getting subcision. No point getting filler until the swelling goes down.... but I'll still ask Dr. Rullan what is best
Filler would leave me with lumps I think.

MemberMember
(@amp2695)

Posted : 05/08/2018 12:21 pm

8 minutes ago, Scarredtodepression said:
This go im only getting subcision. No point getting filler until the swelling goes down.... but I'll still ask Dr. Rullan what is best

wait sorry, i thought in an update you said your swelling was gone? why do you think it will leave you with lumps? when is your next appt w dr r?

MemberMember
(@scarredtodepression)

Posted : 05/08/2018 12:32 pm

1 hour ago, Amp2695 said:
1 hour ago, Scarredtodepression said:

wait sorry, i thought in an update you said your swelling was gone? why do you think it will leave you with lumps? when is your next appt w dr r?

No.
You may be confused . sorry I may not have clarified :)
I had a test subcision on one spot on my face only.
That swelling subcided in a week.
I did Not get filler in the spot.
My full face subcision is next and again I will not be getting filler during subcision because it causes swelling and filler can leave lumps. I know this from research. 

8 hours ago, incepticon said:
Yes, unfortunately i'm not happy about my subcision results at all. But it all boils down to the doctor and of course healing factor. Fingers crossed for you getting good results from Rullan. :)

Thank you  I will be here :) hoping to finally have a face to the person I am. Because I always hide it under a hat

MemberMember
(@scarredtodepression)

Posted : 05/09/2018 5:25 pm

Went to Dr Rullan today. What an amazing person, gentleman, as well as a physician. I know one when I see or meet one. Because I am one, myself - albeit not a dermatologist. 

I got Nokor subcision and RF microneedling. 

I will write more about the experience when I can get to a laptop but for now let me include my pics.

D9CAE6CC-01F3-4577-95C4-AC2B48FE7112.jpeg

346B22F1-F0D2-410A-A542-1D9931675CD4.jpeg

BD1A2418-2C83-4A71-8577-7029479A5728.jpeg

1F4303AC-0399-4797-8D44-4940EEFFA204.jpeg

A865E0FF-7DD6-4D0F-904B-A32D50E69137.jpeg

85FCBF0C-6125-46D4-A8CA-993F5693C873.jpeg

MemberMember
(@cleopatra88)

Posted : 05/09/2018 5:50 pm

@Scarredtodepressionoh now I see that you've gotten the procedure. So you can disregard that other message. Lol. He did RF?? I want aware that he offered Rf. I had regular microneedling. My face swelled up like a damn pumpkin. Do you mind messaging me the cost of the subcision WITH RF? It's so weird because today I can feel tingles in my face. I also dont know what the hell to do for post subcicion/ microneedling combo. Do you?

MemberMember
(@scarredtodepression)

Posted : 05/09/2018 6:55 pm

1 hour ago, Cleopatra88 said:
@Scarredtodepressionoh now I see that you've gotten the procedure. So you can disregard that other message. Lol. He did RF?? I want aware that he offered Rf. I had regular microneedling. My face swelled up like a damn pumpkin. Do you mind messaging me the cost of the subcision WITH RF? It's so weird because today I can feel tingles in my face. I also dont know what the hell to do for post subcicion/ microneedling combo. Do you?

He didn't call it RF but my face was covered in blood. It was the rotating machine that needed numbing. I assumed it is RF?
my face was swollen right out of the office like a chipmunk too and still is. Initially leaving the office I had a bit of pain very slight but it is gone now. I'm trying to figure out what to do post subcision . Need to buy collagen and vitamin c.

MemberMember
(@raster)

Posted : 05/09/2018 8:49 pm

Hey, although you're still swollen, I think you'll have really good results with your treatments.

Also, it looks like only a single entry point was made right?

MemberMember
(@scarredtodepression)

Posted : 05/09/2018 9:02 pm

12 minutes ago, Raster said:

Hey, although you're still swollen, I think you'll have really good results with your treatments.

Also, it looks like only a single entry point was made right?

Thank you, hope so!
No there were two entry points one on the cheek and one near the ear on each side

MemberMember
(@nina22)

Posted : 05/10/2018 2:34 am

Hey, did he use the Nokor needle or a cannula? Thanks

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 05/10/2018 7:13 am

@Nina22Looks like Cannula subcision or cannula filling with saline to me if there is only 2 entry ports as her before pictures had widespread scars all over. Remember Rullan is a expert with acid peels and using dermabrasion in conjunction.

I can give you a plan PM me.

MemberMember
(@nina22)

Posted : 05/10/2018 11:05 am

@beautifulambitionthanks! so cannula subcision is basically a field subcision - as Dr. Novick does?

MemberMember
(@scarredtodepression)

Posted : 05/10/2018 12:17 pm

@beautifulambition
He said he is doing nokor Subcision

i am not sure what kind of microneedling but he called it microbeedling

why do you say that he did not do subcision on my entire face? 
He said microneedling would be most beneficial with subcision since I was already numbed

however I am still completely swollen (I think from saline) 

also have brown marks from The microneedling

A little worried about all the tiny scabs from
microneelding. What would be the best way to take care of them so that I am not left with hyperpigmentation @beautifulambition
Thank you!

64DBB6F3-20CD-4047-BA41-F0460FC2F2AA.jpeg

MemberMember
(@nina22)

Posted : 05/10/2018 12:47 pm

@Scarredtodepression I was wondering because Nokor subcision is normally done with many entry points scar by scar.. And cannula subcision is done with very few entry points.. Maybe ask him next time what he used  

MemberMember
(@scarredtodepression)

Posted : 05/10/2018 12:50 pm

@beautifulambition

Can i I use vitamin c serum? 
What about retina a?

i am so scabby

15 minutes ago, Nina22 said:
@Scarredtodepression I was wondering because Nokor subcision is normally done with many entry points scar by scar.. And cannula subcision is done with very few entry points.. Maybe ask him next time what he used  

I am not sure, but that's the technique he uses with all his patients as far as I have seen have one entry point. If I am correct? I think the second one was for saline, am I right ? @beautifulambition

I just noticed that There was also an entry point on my lower jaw btw. And upper temple it's hard to see them as the blood hasn't clotted there I wasn't watching since my eyes were closed so I only know so much. Plus I was talking to him about my life so I wasn't paying attention. 

all these entry points are tender to touch

MemberMember
(@scarredtodepression)

Posted : 05/10/2018 1:36 pm

NOW that the blood clot came off. I can't even tell that was an entry point. I was worried the hole with nokor would be huge but that was just residual blood oozing that was dried. So there was certainly a lot more entry points than I thought originally

E0F8360D-261A-4FE5-B790-70315F0EDEEB.jpeg

960A98FF-9892-4C84-A21F-8A04C40B9CDF.jpeg

dazzed and Amp2695 liked
MemberMember
(@amp2695)

Posted : 05/10/2018 1:48 pm

what are your next steps?