Notifications
Clear all

Will subcision help? Pics included

MemberMember
(@scarredtodepression)

Posted : 05/15/2018 5:55 pm

Il make a YouTube video about my progression and update over there as months ago by. I'll provide a link later if anyone wants to follow. (Becusse videos are more real than pictures) and I have clips from most stages

13 hours ago, Raster said:

Looking pretty good so far. I've had my first round of subcision myself a few days ago, heard some aggressive popping sounds during the procedure. My plan is 3x subcision, 3x microneedling (my derm doesn't have RF). TCA peels after that, then probably quarterly microneedling.

That's an awesome plan and I'm sure you will see great results ! 2 of my areas were subcised 6 weeks ago and none of the numerous scars have come back at all in Those areas
Initially I thought microneedling did bad than good, but now I'm glad I got it done.

MemberMember
(@seattlegal90)

Posted : 05/17/2018 12:24 am

@ScarredtodepressionIve been silently stalking this thread since you started it. I feel like i can relate to many of the things youve discussed. Your results looks great so far. Im keeping my fingers crossed for you that the results are excellent once swelling has gone down! If im not mistaken i read in one of your earlier comments that changing your diet cleared up your acne? Do you mind my asking what diet you used/are using ? Ive tried everything to clear up mine, every face cleanser, accutane, and most recently the caveman diet. Which i had trouble sticking to with my super busy schedule. I really think my diet is causing my acne. When i look backyears ago, my cystic acne started when i moved and started eating fast food instead of home cooked meals. I never had any acne prior to then..

MemberMember
(@scarredtodepression)

Posted : 05/17/2018 2:37 am

2 hours ago, seattlegal90 said:
@ScarredtodepressionIve been silently stalking this thread since you started it. I feel like i can relate to many of the things youve discussed. Your results looks great so far. Im keeping my fingers crossed for you that the results are excellent once swelling has gone down! If im not mistaken i read in one of your earlier comments that changing your diet cleared up your acne? Do you mind my asking what diet you used/are using ? Ive tried everything to clear up mine, every face cleanser, accutane, and most recently the caveman diet. Which i had trouble sticking to with my super busy schedule. I really think my diet is causing my acne. When i look backyears ago, my cystic acne started when i moved and started eating fast food instead of home cooked meals. I never had any acne prior to then..

Yes diet caused my acne. My mom would cook Oily spicy food as a kid and that made break out .
What cleared me completely was spironolactone.
But if I had taken care of my diet I'd never break out.
If you can do water fasting that's good or else I reccomend intermittent fasting. With healthy foods. Salad, chicken, eggs. Avoid all carbs bread pasta, etc.
I'd fast for 16 hours and eat in the 8 hour window all healthy meals. I took a break from spironolactone during a period and followed a clean diet and my skin was spotless. When I can't have a clean diet i Have to take spironolactone

Drink atleast a gallon of water a day. It clears toxins.
Some days I'd ate only once a day and other days I didn't eat at all. But remember when you do eat, you eat all your calories in those meals eg 1200 Cals (according to your needs) from vegetables and proteins. Fruit are fine . In moderation.
try to eat all your calories before and after working out . Good sweat helps

clearing acne is important because the longer it lingers the worse it gets. Tell ur doc you need spironolactone. If He doesn't give it to you go to another one. i had taken accutane but my acne came back after a few months and only spironolactone worked
goodluck.

Sorry you have to go through this

MemberMember
(@altaf-raja)

Posted : 05/18/2018 4:39 am

Guys I'm using Natural treatment and Diet believe me im fealling Much different in my acne scars + large pores :)))

MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 05/18/2018 9:07 pm

You need to manage your expectations. Subcision does actually work pretty well, but you aren't going to have "flawless" skin. All of the treatments in the world with a positive outcome every time can not achieve that. Best you can hope for is to minimize them to the point they are irrelevant to most people.

dazzed and Sirius Lee liked
MemberMember
(@seattlegal90)

Posted : 05/19/2018 12:02 am

@Scarredtodepression
Thanks for sharing all of that. Wish i had known i could use an online derm to get a script for spiro i wouldve tried it monthsss ago.. They faxed it over to a pharmacy along with antibiotics. Im really worried about the initial break out from it after reading reviews. I cant afford a cystic break out after what accutane did to my healing abilities. Did you break out at first? Any side effects?

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 05/19/2018 1:30 am

4 hours ago, QuanHenry said:

You need to manage your expectations. Subcision does actually work pretty well, but you aren't going to have "flawless" skin. All of the treatments in the world with a positive outcome every time can not achieve that. Best you can hope for is to minimize them to the point they are irrelevant to most people.

Amen, bro.

Moreover, as obvious as this may sound, not all of us are treating our scars to look sexy. We just wanna feel normal under our own skin. :) 

QuanHenry liked
MemberMember
(@scarredtodepression)

Posted : 05/19/2018 12:25 pm

13 hours ago, seattlegal90 said:
@Scarredtodepression 
Thanks for sharing all of that. Wish i had known i could use an online derm to get a script for spiro i wouldve tried it monthsss ago.. They faxed it over to a pharmacy along with antibiotics. Im really worried about the initial break out from it after reading reviews. I cant afford a cystic break out after what accutane did to my healing abilities. Did you break out at first? Any side effects?

I did not have an initial breakout. Got cleared within a month. And in 2 -3 on this absolutely none. But definitely with a clean diet :) girl you can get some sweet boobies too. Not every woman does, but  I did  +2 cups
But if you don't want them even a lower dose will clear you up. 100 mg is good. Higher dose doesn't have a better effect. It might do the opposite because of how the hypothalamus pituitary axis works.
Disclaimer:Although I am not going to reccomend getting it without a prescription or without under  a doctors care. It is a potassium sparing diuretic and can causee high potassium. Depending if you have other health conditions, this may or may not be dangerous.

In regards to comments about lowering my expectations:

No. I will achieve flawless skin. It's already looking pretty damn amazing.Whatever it takes and however long it takes. I'm not kidding. lol. I never lower my expectations of myself or of others towards me. Neither do I settle for less. Now it may not turn out to be like a porcelain doll but definitely  without scars. For the ones that don't go away I'll get permanent fillers. That's how I'll achieve flawless skin. (Laugh emoji)

MemberMember
(@seattlegal90)

Posted : 05/21/2018 12:11 am

@ScarredtodepressionIm so bad at the clean diet part lol. I work 14 hour days, its so hard to cook, ive tried simple diets like brown rice and brocolli as i can cook it in the office lol, but its just not enough calories, i lose so much weight. I think youre right though, the diet is extremely important..

lmao really? What causes that, do you know? By regulating hormones? Im only a B so i wouldnt complain with C's lol. Did you have any heart palpatations from doses that high? I heard thats another common side effect from 50mg+

It is prescribed by a real dermatologist, with a real prescription, and you get follow ups just like in person, it just cost less, and theres no driving involved. I had no idea that was legal lol. Although, i went to a walk in few months back, and saw you could have a live stream appointment for less, and get prescriptions.. oh how technology is changing everything lol.

Thanks for the heads up on the potassium, i did read about that, i over research everything lol. I dont eat much potassium luckily, but ill have to keep an eye on that

MemberMember
(@scarredtodepression)

Posted : 05/22/2018 12:13 am

On 5/20/2018 at 10:11 PM, seattlegal90 said:
@ScarredtodepressionIm so bad at the clean diet part lol. I work 14 hour days, its so hard to cook, ive tried simple diets like brown rice and brocolli as i can cook it in the office lol, but its just not enough calories, i lose so much weight. I think youre right though, the diet is extremely important..

lmao really? What causes that, do you know? By regulating hormones? Im only a B so i wouldnt complain with C's lol. Did you have any heart palpatations from doses that high? I heard thats another common side effect from 50mg+

It is prescribed by a real dermatologist, with a real prescription, and you get follow ups just like in person, it just cost less, and theres no driving involved. I had no idea that was legal lol. Although, i went to a walk in few months back, and saw you could have a live stream appointment for less, and get prescriptions.. oh how technology is changing everything lol.

Thanks for the heads up on the potassium, i did read about that, i over research everything lol. I dont eat much potassium luckily, but ill have to keep an eye on that

Spironolactone is a peripheral testosterone inhibitor. So it decreases testosterone(that's how it decreases acne) and increases estrogen. Estrogen increases boob size. breast tissue is very estrogen oriented..because it has estrogen stimulatory receptors.
Other than that you could get headaches from dehydration because it is a diuretic so make sure to drink plenty of water.. never got palpitations but that happens when dehydrated so make sure to drink a lot of a water. Initially It made me a bit tired but nothing that's coffee didn't help with.

MemberMember
(@seattlegal90)

Posted : 05/22/2018 2:54 am

@Scarredtodepression Awesome thanks for taking time to send all your replies!

MemberMember
(@dazzed)

Posted : 05/22/2018 7:04 pm

I absolutely agree with your point. Most doctors just know what they were told in a book, very few actually have an aesthetically astute eye. Most of them are by-the-numbers and don't approach acne scarring with a thoughtful mind.

You're looking good so far and here's to hoping you retain most of the improvement once the swelling dissipates.

MemberMember
(@grandor)

Posted : 05/22/2018 7:53 pm

@Scarredtodepressionare you doing any suctioning / chinese cupping following your procedure? Not sure how much that helps, although consensus on this board seems to recommend it... haven't read any papers on it though (if anyone can share some papers showing the efficacy, would love to read :))

MemberMember
(@scarredtodepression)

Posted : 05/23/2018 2:29 am

7 hours ago, dazzed said:

I absolutely agree with your point. Most doctors just know what they were told in a book, very few actually have an aesthetically astute eye. Most of them are by-the-numbers and don't approach acne scarring with a thoughtful mind.

You're looking good so far and here's to hoping you retain most of the improvement once the swelling dissipates.

Yes exactly.
And thank you. Im hoping so too. But nonetheless I'm never giving up! But so far so good! It I'll do as many subcisions and fillers as necessary for as close to perfect as I can get..

MemberMember
(@scarredtodepression)

Posted : 05/23/2018 2:47 am

7 hours ago, grandor said:
@Scarredtodepressionare you doing any suctioning / chinese cupping following your procedure? Not sure how much that helps, although consensus on this board seems to recommend it... haven't read any papers on it though (if anyone can share some papers showing the efficacy, would love to read :))

yes I am. I started on day 5 though, because that's when collagen starts reattaching day 5-7 lbs. the saline filler has subsided by day 7-10. So until saline acts as the cushion it's not necessary. After that yes.

MemberMember
(@scarredtodepression)

Posted : 05/23/2018 3:36 am

On 5/22/2018 at 12:54 AM, seattlegal90 said:
@Scarredtodepression Awesome thanks for taking time to send all your replies!

My pleasure! I wish I had found it earlier too...

MemberMember
(@acnescar_gone)

Posted : 10/02/2018 9:44 pm

@ScarredtodepressionThanks for you post. I so relate to you on dating. I got dumped so many times as soon as the date is under sunlight. This is so frustrating . Getting dumped all the time after 2 or 3 dates . One time I managed to 7 dates because I refused to go outside for the first 6 dates. Then the 7th time, we went hiking and he broke up with me after that. It is worse than not being contacted after first date since I already knew the person a little bit.

Anyway, do you have any update ? Did you do more treatment ?

MemberMember
(@acnescars2000)

Posted : 05/09/2019 5:57 pm

what happened to that girl?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 05/10/2019 9:34 am

@acnescars2000Like many posters here, the OP achievedthe goals she wanted, and moved on with her life,so they are no longer bogged down by the posters here who can suffer from poor healing and disappointment, sometimes built on unrealistic expectations or poor healing. She PM'd me privately, in 2018that she had good treatment with Rullan and was completely satisfied. That is the goal to get you to the place you want to be and then move on with your life 😉

- BA