Notifications
Clear all

White hypopigmentation around subcised area? Can anything be done?

MemberMember
(@fluffykitten)

Posted : 04/10/2018 1:39 am

Nearly a year ago, I had a series of 3 subcisions with filler around a tiny linear scar at the corner of my lip. The skin there is, of course, very thin. Now there is a white, slightly raised hypopigmented region around the scar which really the small scar. The area stands out even more against my reddish skin.

Is the hypopigmentation more likely to be due to the subcision itself or the filler--or both?

If the raised hypopigmented area is a result of the subcision, can anything be done about it? I'm almost certain that you, @beautifulambition , have posted about it in the past.

If it's just the result of the filler, then of course kenalog could be used..

Thanks again, everyone. This board has been wonderful.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 04/10/2018 4:46 am

@FluffykittenIt could be both, hard to tell, has it gone down over time from the filler running out?

I have a whole section on hypopigmentation under the skin section in the faq - top of the acne scar sub, and hypopigmentation. Some people use microneedling / dermastamp and latiesse the same product is used to grow eyelashes. Yes if it's raised I would have it injected first w/ steroid.

BA

MemberMember
(@fluffykitten)

Posted : 04/10/2018 5:18 pm

18 hours ago, beautifulambition said:
@FluffykittenIt could be both, hard to tell, has it gone down over time from the filler running out?

I have a whole section on hypopigmentation under the skin section in the faq - top of the acne scar sub, and hypopigmentation. Some people use microneedling / dermastamp and latiesse the same product is used to grow eyelashes. Yes if it's raised I would have it injected first w/ steroid.

BA

Thanks again for your responses, BA!

The doctor has already injected some hyaluronidase into it which seems to have made it better. But filler on me tends to stick around for a long time, and it becomes more prominent when I'm retaining water.

I'd like to do another round of hyaluronidase and inject some cortisone into i, but I"m afraid that both of them together will damage the skin. Probably best to do one at a time, right?

I'm feeling discouraged right now. My skin was actually pretty nice, with little scarrig. Wish my original derm hadn't cut into the area without telling me in advance. That was 18 months ago, and I knew right away there would be a small scar. And now I feel like subcision hasn't done much for that scar besides making it more prominent.