Notifications
Clear all

Acne scar help - Scar Success Story (Ongoing)

MemberMember
(@cleopatra88)

Posted : 04/02/2018 3:28 pm

@Sirius Leeand @beautifulambitionSo i heard back from them on other treatment options theyre reccomending. They are reccomending subcision, microneedling with prp and tca cross for ****,said ill need about 3 to 4 Treatments. Im pretty sure ill opt out on tca cross this go around so i can suction. Or should i not suction with microneedling and prp being done? For people getting microneedling and prp, is it safe to get fillers after swelling goes down or does that mess with prp? I know i could do tca cross on my own but i have absolutely no idea where in the world i could use it on my face?! like which scars? The start of treatment is giving me anxiety. I wonder if i agree to the big session ,if theyll charge me less for the other sessions.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 04/02/2018 3:42 pm

That's a great plan then @Cleopatra88Don't stress over the depth right now. Have Rullan subcise and fill.

I would not do the microneedling and prp, and instead do filler / sub, cross is fine (have them do it the first time and see how you do and if you want to do it yoruself at home). If you want to do microneedling do rf microneedling.

Sure just suction the first time.

Probably not, charging less in other sessions but I could be wrong. Break it up for cost if you need again prp and microneedling is not necessary and you can do rf needling w/ prp later.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 04/02/2018 5:19 pm

1 hour ago, Cleopatra88 said:
@Sirius Leeand @beautifulambitionSo i heard back from them on other treatment options theyre reccomending. They are reccomending subcision, microneedling with prp and tca cross for 1200,said ill need about 3 to 4 Treatments. Im pretty sure ill opt out on tca cross this go around so i can suction. Or should i not suction with microneedling and prp being done? For people getting microneedling and prp, is it safe to get fillers after swelling goes down or does that mess with prp? I know i could do tca cross on my own but i have absolutely no idea where in the world i could use it on my face?! like which scars? The start of treatment is giving me anxiety. I wonder if i agree to the big session ,if theyll charge me less for the other sessions.

I mostly agree with what's been covered by@beautifulambition.

Only thing I want to touch upon is that scar treatment should be done in steps or INCREMENTALLY. Subcision should be the first course of treatment for any severe scar. THIS SHOULD BE REPEATED until the scars look "moderate" in appearance. Only then should you consider Infini, which is better suited for moderate scars. With Infini, the goal is to fill the pit to the level of a deep wrinkle. At this point, dermal fillers can be used, which is known to work very well camouflaging wrinkles. After that, you can smooth out any surface irregularities with either laser or peel.

• So hold off on Infini and others. That is, NO BIG MUCHO SESSIONS. Instead, just get subcision. Repeat, if necessary, until your scars have improved enough to get Infini or other RF microneedling.
  • Fillers, at this stage, should be used only as a spacer to prevent scars from reattaching. If you can't afford filler, then go with suction as BA suggested.
  • TCA Cross is used only on deep icepick scars. I don't see any that would require TCA cross on your face.
keving100 liked
MemberMember
(@cleopatra88)

Posted : 04/04/2018 7:17 pm

@beautifulambition hey so I'm about to schedule my appointment for may and they gave me a price for subcision for the cheeks. Is the forhead not somewhere they can subcise? As I have tethered scars up there. :/

MemberMember
(@cleopatra88)

Posted : 04/05/2018 4:25 pm

@beautifulambitionThey are adding the forehead in for extra so never mind. . I want to talk filler options. @Sirius Leeyou talked about sculptra on one of the posts I was reading. I think somewhere along the lines of using it as a filler and then getting microneedling or rf microneedling of some sort and it helping stimulate even more collagen. Is this correct? I thought maybe I could do resty for my second subcusion and then on my third I would get sculptra so that way I can kind of treat myself at home as much as possible before moving on to rf. The longer I can wait to save for rf, the better. It just seems more practical. It is very expensive though.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 04/05/2018 4:29 pm

@Cleopatra88Yes Rullan does the forehead, HA filler here, you cannot do Sculptra here. Sure you can do HA for your 2nd and sculptra for your 3rd. Sculptra is good for the cheeks scars. You can put filler on top to fine tune individual spots as needed.

Sure you can wait for rf microneedling. You will be waiting a while though as filler lasts for a great while. I find them in combination better. You can save the last one after your final sub w/ filler.

Yes it is expensive, but there is health savings account and care credit at 0% interest for a year or two. Do whatever you have time and money for.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 04/05/2018 4:54 pm

21 minutes ago, Cleopatra88 said:
@beautifulambitionThey are adding the forehead in for extra so never mind. . I want to talk filler options. @Sirius Leeyou talked about sculptra on one of the posts I was reading. I think somewhere along the lines of using it as a filler and then getting microneedling or rf microneedling of some sort and it helping stimulate even more collagen. Is this correct? I thought maybe I could do resty for my second subcusion and then on my third I would get sculptra so that way I can kind of treat myself at home as much as possible before moving on to rf. The longer I can wait to save for rf, the better. It just seems more practical. It is very expensive though.

There's really not much for me to add. I would go with what@beautifulambitionadvised above.

I don't know what home treatment you will be doing, but you should inject Sculptra at least 4 weeks prior to getting RF.

MemberMember
(@cleopatra88)

Posted : 04/09/2018 6:31 pm

Ok @beautifulambition, I got my derminator . Now how the heck do I use this thing? Lol. I thought i could at least try it once before I have my subcision which is scheduled for may 8th :)

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 04/09/2018 6:59 pm

22 minutes ago, Cleopatra88 said:

Ok @beautifulambition, I got my derminator . Now how the heck do I use this thing? Lol. I thought u could at least try it once before I have my subcision which is scheduled for may 8th :)

Renu Medispa in Eagle, Idaho have the Vivace RF device. Look into it once you get done with subcision. 

MemberMember
(@cleopatra88)

Posted : 04/09/2018 9:04 pm

@Binga I was actually looking them up the other day and had decided that my in town procedures would probably be through them.  :)  however I did not see them offering Vivace anywhere on their site 

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 04/10/2018 5:00 am

8 hours ago, Cleopatra88 said:
@Binga I was actually looking them up the other day and had decided that my in town procedures would probably be through them.  :)  however I did not see them offering Vivace anywhere on their site 

They are listed as one of the providers in Vivace's website. You will probably need 4 sessions with 3.5mm needle to see improvement. Also cost of a filler will be cheaper there than in a derm office. 

MemberMember
(@silavana)

Posted : 04/10/2018 4:07 pm

Not all lasers are created equal, when it's time, look into the Cutera Secret RF.It has very high patient satisfaction.

gyuillie liked
MemberMember
(@cleopatra88)

Posted : 04/12/2018 2:12 pm

@Binga I called them today to ask them if they have vivace rf microneedling. They said yes, they have goldwave. Which I'm not sure if thats just the name of the service they're calling it. But I asked if they had anyone who worked there that specialized in using it for acne scars. I did not get a positive answer and he stated all their "estheticians" were trained to use it, but not necessarily anyone that specializes in it for acne scarring specifically though. Rf microneedling sounds like it has to be done correctly on the face for acne scars to get a good outcome. And the price is very inexpensive there. I actually was mind blown at the affordability. I feel that it's a gamble though having been told that answer. I could definitely afford it for the price, but what's the point of it's going to ruin my face? Ahhhh. Any advice? @beautifulambition@Sirius Lee

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 04/12/2018 2:23 pm

@Cleopatra88You can always get a small test spot done before you go through with the whole face. Also ask them many questions (depth used, experience, what protocols they use, how they operate the machine, have them show you the machine, lookup rf needling and go over the bad cases issues you gather and side effects etc...) to see there competency. As who is the best at the machine.

No idea what Goldwave is, perhaps they renamed it, I would ask for a test spot and to see the machine so that we are talking rf microneedling and not something else they call it.

You are right rf needling / laser is very operator dependent. I have been surprised though by nurses and estheticians trained by the company.

Finally Goto the manufactures site and search by your area. Infini, Vivance, Secret rf, Intensif, Intracel.

gyuillie liked
MemberMember
(@cleopatra88)

Posted : 05/08/2018 10:46 am

I'm going in today, very nervous. I'd like advice on when I should start alternating with tca and microneedling after my subcision. Like how long after sub can I do microneedling? then how long after microneedling do I do the tca.@beautifulambition@Sirius Lee. I will update my journey!!!

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 05/08/2018 12:24 pm

46 minutes ago, Cleopatra88 said:

I'm going in today, very nervous. I'd like advice on when I should start alternating with tca and microneedling after my subcision. Like how long after sub can I do microneedling? then how long after microneedling do I do the tca.@beautifulambition@Sirius Lee. I will update my journey!!!

Typically, the skin cell turnover rate stands at around 28 days. So any topical treatments like TCA can be done every month, if you choose. But the collagen turnover rate is much slower. In fact, it gets even slower as we age due to slower metabolism (eg. growth factor and ECM). So, depending on your age, treatments like subcision and RF should be spaced out between 3 and 6 months.

So to answer your question, I would wait 3 months before rolling or peeling. After that, you can alternate between rolling and peeling every 6-8 weeks, but no closer than 4 weeks apart.

gyuillie liked
MemberMember
(@cleopatra88)

Posted : 05/08/2018 11:35 pm

My procedure took 2 hours. I guess there was a lot of work. Lol. It didnt seem like that though. It seemed to go fast. I very much enjoyed Dr. RULLAN. HE is amazing!!!!. The kindest most passionate doc in the field I am sure of it!!!! I had to fly out 2 hours after and was so so so swollen. The worst of the procedure had to be the numbing. I am not fond of needles!! I have some pretty good bruising going on. They even offer an anti inflammatory shot if you want it. Great experience. Absolutely no complaints

MemberMember
(@legends)

Posted : 05/09/2018 6:30 am

Have you ever tried using a edit by Mod? I had less scaring and it helped me.

** DoNotAdvertise - No links to any products or blogs!

MemberMember
(@cleopatra88)

Posted : 05/09/2018 1:41 pm

@Legends, I have the derminator that I will start using and incorporating into my scar journey.

MemberMember
(@amp2695)

Posted : 05/09/2018 3:17 pm

How new is phenol cross? Ive heard it has less adverse effects than tca cross. its been 9 weeks since i got tca cross "enter at your own risk" is all I'm saying.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 05/09/2018 3:24 pm

1 minute ago, Amp2695 said:

How new is phenol cross? Ive heard it has less adverse effects than tca cross. its been 9 weeks since i got tca cross "enter at your own risk" is all I'm saying.

Phenol's been around for ages, and so has TCA. But phenol is also the most harsh chemical that requires a long downtime--much longer than TCA. So I don't understand how phenol could have "less harsh adverse effects" than TCA. Anyway, food for thought.

MemberMember
(@amp2695)

Posted : 05/09/2018 3:40 pm

16 minutes ago, Sirius Lee said:
Phenol's been around for ages, and so has TCA. But phenol is also the most harsh chemical that requires a long downtime--much longer than TCA. So I don't understand how phenol could have "less harsh adverse effects" than TCA. Anyway, food for thought.

oh i thought it was newish....its harsher than tca? yeeesh, thats some harsh shit then.

MemberMember
(@cleopatra88)

Posted : 05/10/2018 9:41 am

It's been less than 48 hours, thought I'd update. I had agressive microneedling done as well. The doctor used saline , as I'm planning on suctioning which he actually encourages!!! Here's a few pics of my swollen / bruised face, which doesnt hurt just has that sore bruise feeling from inside my mouth. 

20180510_071117.jpg

20180510_071113.jpg

20180510_071105.jpg

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 05/10/2018 1:53 pm

4 hours ago, Cleopatra88 said:

It's been less than 48 hours, thought I'd update. I had agressive microneedling done as well. The doctor used saline , as I'm planning on suctioning which he actually encourages!!! Here's a few pics of my swollen / bruised face, which doesnt hurt just has that sore bruise feeling from inside my mouth.

Wow! That looks really good. Good luck going forward.

MemberMember
(@cleopatra88)

Posted : 05/11/2018 9:34 am

@beautifulambition is it normal for microneedling Marks to be so red still? I look like I have road rash. The swelling in my cheeks dont even bother me as much as that. 

20180511_075945.jpg