Notifications
Clear all

Does pride come before subcision?

MemberMember
(@jaspa0411)

Posted : 02/17/2018 9:31 pm

Hi everyone, I've posted a few question about subcision here as I have an upcoming session which I hope is successful.

I am so glad this community if here and available as my/our acne and acne scarring journey is a such an emotional investment it is hard to take chances sometimes.

Which brings me to my upcoming chance to get rid of some scars, do I need it?  Not sure.  Lim says I would benefit and I wouldn't be going backward, but what if?  I have had fraxel and erbium and have spent countless amounts of money on my skin, so I don't want to go backward.  This subcision journey was birthed after a well meaning but rude beautician told me how bad my scars were, and so I thoughts I'd do one better than her dermal roller and I booked in to see Lim.  I ask myself was this in haste - is my pride at stake?   Thank goodness for this community and knowledge.

Without further adieu and without starting to sound like SJP, I have attached some photos showing full scarring, but here goes.  I believe the photos aren't a true representation, I just couldn't get the lighting right.   What do you guys think?  I see a lot of texture problems.   I also have roscacea.

Happy to hear anything on this as I do my due diligence.

Inkedphoto 1_LI.jpg

InkedInkedbig one up close_LI.jpg

upclose.jpg

aaa.jpg

aaaa.jpg

right side.jpg

MemberMember
(@mangekyou)

Posted : 02/17/2018 10:21 pm

Honestly its not that bad, I wouldn't bother with lasers and submission if I wereyou

MemberMember
(@jaspa0411)

Posted : 02/17/2018 10:41 pm

18 minutes ago, mangekyou said:

Honestly its not that bad, I wouldn't bother with lasers and submission if I wereyou

Thanks Mangekyou. Yeah I think lazers would ruin any progress.

MemberMember
(@mangekyou)

Posted : 02/17/2018 10:46 pm

3 minutes ago, Jaspa0411 said:
23 minutes ago, mangekyou said:

Honestly its not that bad, I wouldn't bother with lasers and submission if I were you

Thanks Mangekyou.  Yeah I think lazers would ruin any progress.

Obviously I meant to type subcision. Damn autocorrect :D 

Jaspa0411 liked
MemberMember
(@scarright)

Posted : 02/17/2018 11:14 pm

Jaspa, I am not sure if it is the photography on display, but your scars a very minor. Although you may think they're a big deal, I'm not sure people you interact with each day are going to really give your scars a second thought.

I will ask though, did you thought the Ebruim and Fraxel were of any benefit? Your skin texture doesn't look too bad, so maybe the Ebruim had some positive effect on skin surface.

MemberMember
(@jaspa0411)

Posted : 02/18/2018 1:05 am

1 hour ago, ScarRight said:

Jaspa, I am not sure if it is the photography on display, but your scars a very minor. Although you may think they're a big deal, I'm not sure people you interact with each day are going to really give your scars a second thought.

I will ask though, did you thought the Ebruim and Fraxel were of any benefit? Your skin texture doesn't look too bad, so maybe the Ebruim had some positive effect on skin surface.

Thanks ScarRight. It was difficult to get the angled lighting right in the photos. The photos don't do it justice. I feel that the scars are noticeable and tend to make me look 'messy' but I don't know if chasing perfection is even worth the time and money. That said I could aim for small incremental steps, improvement not perfection.

The Erbium Yag fully ablative did wonders for the bad scarring this was 15 years ago. The fraxel was very good and I had that done after dermal grafting. I think also as I'm getting older the scars seem to be coming back.

Maybe too my other worry and consideration is that I will be paying a small fortune for the treatment. The small fortune could possibly cover 15 or more medi-spa facials.

Anyway thanks for your feedback and thoughts.

ScarRight liked
MemberMember
(@raster)

Posted : 02/18/2018 1:19 am

I think at this point, it's more the texture of skin that's the issue rather than the deep scarring right? That's what makes the face look "messy"... because the textural issues are covering a large part of the cheek, so even if the scars themselves are minor, the overall appearance is what most likely bothers you. It's those little small individual divots, lines, etc. that contribute to the whole.

I think some other people with better experience and knowledge than me can give their 2 cents on how to treat this.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/18/2018 1:38 am

You don't need subcision, unless you get it in the broad sense and over the area of concern / not individual scars as I have a hard time seeing any pitting. Your skin at least in the pics looks like it needs tca peels. Please checkout the tca section of the faq. You can do several medium strength peels with the beautician. From the pics it looks like a textural issue. Scars make shadows (USN a flashlight) unless I don't see something.

[Link removed]

IF your intent on laser with Lim get erbium fully ablative over fraxel.

You have no fat deficiency or collagen loss so filler is not appropriate. You mainly have textural issues and your skin is in very good condition. Hence the above rec for peels.

MemberMember
(@dazzed)

Posted : 02/18/2018 1:30 pm

Your skin is fine. The scars are very very minor. They seem to be mostly situated around the perimeter of your face at the hairline, so I guarantee that most people would never notice it. The only reason the beautician said this is because she's looking right at you a few inches from your face under direct angled lighting.

A few scars can probably be injected with a very fine filler. If you are in Europe, Restylane Vital is fantastic for this. In the US, belotero or Juvederm Volbella can also be used superficially. I am one of those people who thinks that "no harm" procedures are most appropriate in situations like this where you don't need to take undue risk.

MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 02/18/2018 2:21 pm

I agree with the other posters here that subcision will be of little benefit to you. The best outcome of a subcision will make deep scars more or less the same as yours. I think that beautician was just trying to sell you a microneedling package you don't really need.

dazzed liked
MemberMember
(@dazzed)

Posted : 02/18/2018 2:53 pm

30 minutes ago, QuanHenry said:

I agree with the other posters here that subcision will be of little benefit to you. The best outcome of a subcision will make deep scars more or less the same as yours. I think that beautician was just trying to sell you a microneedling package you don't really need.

Good point. You have to consider the source of that comment. She's a beautician probably looking to squeeze some coins out of you.