Notifications
Clear all

Atrophic Scars

MemberMember
(@eternalrocket)

Posted : 01/06/2018 3:32 am

I do have a tretinoin cream which start using one week after the treatments, but other than that, I don't know much..

MemberMember
(@rashmi55)

Posted : 01/06/2018 3:34 am

2 minutes ago, eternalrocket said:

I do have a tretinoin cream which start using one week after the treatments, but other than that, I don't know much..

I believe that's for acne. The serums I suggested are mostly for collagen boosting and cell regeneration though retinol is for curing active acne as well preventing any further breakout.

MemberMember
(@eternalrocket)

Posted : 01/06/2018 3:36 am

Well, retinol is noting but a weaker version of retin a(tretinoin, adapalene). So it does help with collagen production.

MemberMember
(@rashmi55)

Posted : 01/06/2018 3:40 am

3 minutes ago, eternalrocket said:

Well, retinol is noting but a weaker version of retin a(tretinoin, adapalene). So it does help with collagen production.

3 minutes ago, eternalrocket said:

I didn't know that. 😛

MemberMember
(@eternalrocket)

Posted : 01/06/2018 3:47 am

Haha, yeah. But I would say you space out the treatments 1 month and not 15 days(according to them), specially if your skin colour is not very light. I developed quite unusual purple- black bruising on my second PRP

MemberMember
(@rashmi55)

Posted : 01/06/2018 4:18 am

26 minutes ago, eternalrocket said:
Haha, yeah. But I would say you space out the treatments 1 month and not 15 days(according to them), specially if your skin colour is not very light. I developed quite unusual purple- black bruising on my second PRP

That's exactly what i had planned to do! Besides I just got a lasik surgery done so I'm not going to disturb my face with these treatments for a week or so though it's time for me to get my free microneedling done.

MemberMember
(@eternalrocket)

Posted : 01/06/2018 4:53 am

yeah its better to wait, good luck for your treatments and do let me know how it goes..oh just one more question, after your first PRP, what were the side effects, like peeling dry skin, hyperpigmentation?

MemberMember
(@rashmi55)

Posted : 01/06/2018 5:23 am

25 minutes ago, eternalrocket said:

yeah its better to wait, good luck for your treatments and do let me know how it goes..oh just one more question, after your first PRP, what were the side effects, like peeling dry skin, hyperpigmentation?

yeah. my skin was red and swollen for a good 30-32 hours. It turned brown once the bruises started healing and drying. Also, my skin started chipping and peeling and felt extremely rough to touch.

MemberMember
(@eternalrocket)

Posted : 01/06/2018 5:33 am

9 minutes ago, Rashmi55 said:
39 minutes ago, eternalrocket said:

yeah. my skin was red and swollen for a good 30-32 hours. It turned brown once the bruises started healing and drying. Also, my skin started chipping and peeling and felt extremely rough to touch.

yeah same, my skin also looks a little darker than usual, probably because of scabby texture

MemberMember
(@ailaeshiz)

Posted : 01/06/2018 5:59 am

2 hours ago, Rashmi55 said:
2 hours ago, eternalrocket said:

Yeah, I completely understand. Btw, what kind of scars do you have?

Oh they're a combo of icepick, boxcar and rolling ones on my cheeks and mostly boxcar on my forehead. What about yours?

Does your doctor do TCA?

MemberMember
(@rashmi55)

Posted : 01/27/2018 1:41 am

For some reason I'm not able to directly reply to you@eternalrocket. My skin is still drier than it used to be (my skin type's oily otherwise). Btw, I have started using cetaphil moisturizing cream which says it's for dry skin type but works just fine for me too. And I have seen raving reviews about their creams and lotions and now ik why. U cud also try using their cleanser as it's very very mild and good for skin that's being treated atm.

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 01/27/2018 7:37 am

5 hours ago, Rashmi55 said:

For some reason I'm not able to directly reply to you@eternalrocket. My skin is still drier than it used to be (my skin type's oily otherwise). Btw, I have started using cetaphil moisturizing cream which says it's for dry skin type but works just fine for me too. And I have seen raving reviews about their creams and lotions and now ik why. U cud also try using their cleanser as it's very very mild and good for skin that's being treated atm.

PRP alone will not do anything for your scars. You need to find a doc that does subcision with PRP or other filler.

MemberMember
(@eternalrocket)

Posted : 01/27/2018 11:27 am

9 hours ago, Rashmi55 said:

oh I'm glad that your skin is doing good, I don't see any improvement in my scars though. and my skin is quite bad, it seems like it just cant retain any moisture, its rough as a sandpaper. And yes I have tried cetaphil, I didn't like it, it made my skin worse. I will have to talk to the derm on my next visit a week later and discuss other options.

MemberMember
(@rashmi55)

Posted : 01/28/2018 10:45 pm

On 1/27/2018 at 6:07 PM, Binga said:
On 1/27/2018 at 0:11 PM, Rashmi55 said:

For some reason I'm not able to directly reply to you @eternalrocket. My skin is still drier than it used to be (my skin type's oily otherwise). Btw, I have started using cetaphil moisturizing cream which says it's for dry skin type but works just fine for me too. And I have seen raving reviews about their creams and lotions and now ik why. U cud also try using their cleanser as it's very very mild and good for skin that's being treated atm.

PRP alone will not do anything for your scars. You need to find a doc that does subcision with PRP or other filler.  

i did probe my derm about fractional laser once but she shut me down by saying that we're going ahead with 4-5 prp sessions atleast. :( God knows when I'll start seeing results. so far i haven't noticed any good change.

On 1/27/2018 at 9:57 PM, eternalrocket said:
On 1/27/2018 at 0:11 PM, Rashmi55 said:

For some reason I'm not able to directly reply to you @eternalrocket. My skin is still drier than it used to be (my skin type's oily otherwise). Btw, I have started using cetaphil moisturizing cream which says it's for dry skin type but works just fine for me too. And I have seen raving reviews about their creams and lotions and now ik why. U cud also try using their cleanser as it's very very mild and good for skin that's being treated atm.

oh I'm glad that your skin is doing good, I don't see any improvement in my scars though. and my skin is quite bad, it seems like it just cant retain any moisture, its rough as a sandpaper. And yes I have tried cetaphil, I didn't like it, it made my skin worse. I will have to talk to the derm on my next visit a week later and discuss other options.

my scars r still the same! they haven't budged from their place one bit. :( cetaphil just helped with making my skin soft. I'm just using the cream and not the cleanser. Which cleanser has your derm put you on? use a good quality moisturiser and spf 50 to avoid breakouts.

MemberMember
(@rishima-chadhagmail-com)

Posted : 04/16/2022 7:42 pm

Did you get any improvement?