Notifications
Clear all

Asking for advice, depressed

MemberMember
(@ann111)

Posted : 01/04/2018 5:01 pm

Hi! 
Could you tell me what kind of scarring I have? And are these scars really unaesthetic? To be honest, I feel completely miserable, my self esteem almost doesn't exist. I don't know what to do, is this a right time for undergoing some treatment, for example laser? I'm 20, I still have some comedonica acne, I'm scared that it may worsen and a treatment would turn out to be pointless.
Also, is there any chance that it will disspear without an interference? scars.png

MemberMember
(@eekman)

Posted : 01/04/2018 6:20 pm

Someone more knowledgeable will advise you on treatments. But honestly, those scars lookextremely minor and your skin texture looks good:) You seem to have some scarred pores and a few really shallow boxscars? They will not improve over time, but personally I wouldnt do any serious treatments because of possible complications. Your skin looks good and really isnt off-puttingand it probably looks even better in normal angle light. Maybe just some tca peels for pores..

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 01/04/2018 6:40 pm

18 minutes ago, eekman said:

Someone more knowledgeable will advise you on treatments. But honestly, those scars lookextremely minor and your skin texture looks good:) You seem to have some scarred pores and a few really shallow boxscars? They will not improve over time, but personally I wouldnt do any serious treatments because of possible complications. Your skin looks good and really isnt off-puttingand it probably looks even better in normal angle light. Maybe just some tca peels for pores..

I agree. There are probably ways to improve them somewhat, but your skin honestly seems great and they don't detract from the overall quality at all. Someone should be along to advise on treatment though if you did want to pursue that.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 01/04/2018 6:41 pm

I can't tell from this unclear picture if there are any scars. Just looks like some normal surface imperfection probably the lightest case I have seen.

Get a tca peel by a dermatologist or spa or ... we have a DIY guide in the first post of the scar solutions sub, FAQ - TCA - click the link and follow the first page. You can get away by doing many milder Glycolic peels at home.

MemberMember
(@scarright)

Posted : 01/05/2018 9:05 am

I actually do not see any scars in that picture.

MemberMember
(@simplemutton)

Posted : 01/05/2018 12:39 pm

There are no scars, if you do some treatment you risk to actually develop some

The depression you have isn't due to scars, maybe something else

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 01/05/2018 1:26 pm

I can see a few scars. The scarring is mild but it is there. I'm viewing on a large monitor, I probably wouldn't be able to see them on a smaller screen or mobile.

There appears to be an area of very shallow rolling scars on the left of the photo (where the shadowing is) and shallow boxcars scattered around.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 01/05/2018 5:55 pm

On 1/4/2018 at 2:01 PM, Ann111 said:

Hi!
Could you tell me what kind of scarring I have? And are these scars really unaesthetic? To be honest, I feel completely miserable, my self esteem almost doesn't exist. I don't know what to do, is this a right time for undergoing some treatment, for example laser? I'm 20, I still have some comedonica acne, I'm scared that it may worsen and a treatment would turn out to be pointless.
Also, is there any chance that it will disspear without an interference?

It looks like a very mild form of rolling scar. Unfortunately, they won't go away on their own. I would suggest you get a derma sanding, which will take less than 10 minutes. For more info on derma sanding, check out the following video:

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 01/05/2018 7:12 pm

DO NOT try this at home ^ you will infect your whole face. your telling a 20 year old who is depressed to do this, and make road rash or the equivalent of a scrape all over her face.

This is old stuff, dermabrasion is out now - it does damage the skin (want scars this is how you do it), this video is what 7-8 years old. He sterilized the paper in a special manner we cannot do at home - this is a silly recommendation for someone who has minor texture issues and needs glycolic / softer peels, ... please don't be stupid and do this (Infection / ruined face)!

We now do peels!

This is harsh on the face.

Kay24 and ailaeshiz liked
MemberMember
(@scarright)

Posted : 01/05/2018 10:48 pm

1 hour ago, Control Panel said:
In regard to this post, I'd like to inform anybody who readsit that procedures like this should not be performed at home but by a medical professional. To anyone who may think about trying this, I'd recommend taking beautifulambition's advice into deep consideration.

I agree. It is a little concerning how people on this forum, who are not qualified dermatologists, are giving advice on scar treatments at home. You only have to read some of the horror stories on RealSelf about people who got TCA wrong. Please see a reputable professional and do a lot of research on the doctor.

ailaeshiz liked
MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 01/05/2018 11:06 pm

3 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

DO NOT try this at home

1 hour ago, Control Panel said:
this should not be performed at home but by a medical professional.
8 minutes ago, ScarRight said:

It is a little concerning how people on this forum, who are not qualified dermatologists, are giving advice on scar treatments at home.

** PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!!

I usually don't bother replying unless warranted and this one definitely deserves it. Let me start by regurgitating what I wrote above:

I would suggest you GET a derma sanding.

Just where did I state that OP should do this at home? How does "get" translated into "self-service"? As far as I know, "get" usually means to "receive something from somebody from somewhere". So doesn't it make sense that I was implying that she should get this from a professional? That is the reason why I posted the video which showed the procedure being done by a dermatologist.

This is no different from @beautifulambitiongiving advice about "getting" filler. Did he then mean that you should inject fillers at home? No. So why do you believe what I've stated is any different?

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 01/05/2018 11:24 pm

4 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

This is old stuff, dermabrasion is out now...

We now do peels!

Uhm...yeah, but you think you can control the depth with the peels? Remember this girl has a very light scar. Just how deep the peel will burn through the skin is, well, anyone's guess. With dermabrasion, however, you can fine-tune the depth quite precisely in order to minimize any unnecessary damage.

MemberMember
(@ailaeshiz)

Posted : 01/05/2018 11:41 pm

You're a prime candidate for TCA peels. Read the FAQ, start out at a low percentage, and work your way upwards. It's done wonders for my face so far.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 01/06/2018 5:04 am

6 hours ago, Sirius Lee said:
This is no different from @beautifulambitiongiving advice about "getting" filler. Did he then mean that you should inject fillers at home? No. So why do you believe what I've stated is any different?

I am not trying to hate on you.I am fine with your natural treatments post, I think it's rad if you find something that works. I believe in Holistic treatments / supplements / nutrition as well.

The OP again was a depressed 20 year old girls and the whole public videos on how to use Home Depot Sandpaper on very light textural issues. That can be corrected with the glycolic acid in the acne.org store. This is a very light and safe material. https://store.acne.org/aha .

If you said the above and advice without the how to video it would have been cool. Dermabrasion with a motorized pen sold on Amazon, etc.. would be a much safer option and approved by the FDA (not sandpaper). It;s buffered for safety of the skin.

Acid peels are safe for for home use and only take off "less" than a mm at a time, they are controlled.
I realize some doctors can do crazy tings like use wood resurfacing materials on a area smaller than the size of a pencil eraser tip. The girl has textural issues all over her cheeks, they will look like road rash if you sandpaper them again, infection all over (The doctor specially sterilized the paper). I can post some crazy videos on how to make your own prescription drugs at home, is that smart for the average user. No.

What happens if you go to deep with the sandpaper or make tracks or new scars in the skin. Sandpaper is not controllable like acid peel. I want to keep people safe and give them things that work. Acid peels are legally sold (FDA) in low percentages by the government to be used as beauty treatments on the face. Filler & lasers can be recommended but we both know doctors do these treatments.

We are not the posters doctor's, plastic surgeon's, lawyer's, therapist's, priests, social worker's, nor are we selling anything. As such goto a board certified doctor to get any treatment. We provide basic information.

Desperate people do desperate things, so please consult professionals anyone reading this.

MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 01/06/2018 1:03 pm

I don't see any scars. I would recommend just following a basic skincare routine.

MemberMember
(@ann111)

Posted : 01/08/2018 3:21 pm

Thank you all for your replies, they cheered me up a bit! I would never even think about getting so serious treatments at home, so you can rest assured. In the fact, I suffer from OCD, also anxiety is my problem, that's why I'm so obsessed with my skin. I go to therapy and take medication, but still, I can't resist asking for opinions about my appearance. Weirdly, what I've noticed recently, are scarred pores which create without any reason, they are not preceded by inflammations. Is it genetics? Or maybe you've read some articles about so damaging role of stress?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 01/09/2018 7:20 am

Perhaps, ... I am glad you take medication that can help and are self aware of your condition. Your skin issue is really not bad, it's skin texture most people have. It's your perception with OCD. Talk to the therapist about possible treatments or working through what's going on first.

Perhaps it's genetic or stress related. All I know is your skin looks great, you can use the basic glycolic peel acne.org offers in their above store, it's gentle and can be done on a consistent basis.