Notifications
Clear all

Need help with acne/scars !

MemberMember
(@alongsworth25)

Posted : 08/18/2017 5:29 pm

Need help from all you on the forum. Been struggling with acne since I was 13/14. It was never that bad till after high school. As soon as I graduated I started breaking out pretty bad on my face, chest and back. I tried plenty of the typical acne treatments you see in stores with no success. Went to the doctor and was prescribed Doxycycline as well as a topical Clindamycin. It worked for about a month till eventually my skin started reacting badly to it and would turn very red. I went back to the doctor and told him but he didn't really seem to care and told me that treating acne is a slow process and wouldn't prescribe me anything else. (People with clear skin never seem to understand how this feels!) So anyways my acne breakouts continued and now I have bad scarring all over my cheeks and back. I just ordered the Acne.org regimen so hopefully it helps but I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what to use for the scarring, preferably something that doesn't require another trip to the doctor. I've heard great things about rosehip oil, can I use that while also using the regimen? Any advice will help! I'll also attach pics so you guys can see what I'm working with. It's pretty bad. Thanks guys.

IMG_0567.JPG

IMG_0568.JPG

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/18/2017 8:23 pm

You got reaction more hormonal?

first you go red then inflammation leading to white head and cyst?

i would suggest you adjust your eating habits and hygene to a more acne friendly one i think it will help you cut down the breakouts and make it more minimal by stopping the inflammation that leads to spots.

you got a lot of red going on,inflammation and hyperpigmentation,get the inflammation under control and yoyr skin will be less red,less bumpy and easier to work on.

tca will help you out,you got ice picks and boxcar,so tca cross and tca peels.

so eat more veg,eat sweet potato instead of white,eat brown bread,cut out as much sugar as you can.if you react to certain meat types ditch it.you wanna take your eating to minimal and build on it based on how your skin reacts.

wash with warm clean water and use a clean dry towel to dry and pat your face dry.keep general hygene,clothes and bedding clean and no fingering your face,keep hands clean.

MemberMember
(@dazzed)

Posted : 08/19/2017 6:22 am

Honeslty, I would go to another doctor and look into accutane. Your acne clearly is severe and causing scarring. You need to control that before you can really do anything about the scars.

Ken96 and malia02 liked