Notifications
Clear all

Still can't get rid of scars after two full fraxel treatments and accutane (pics included)

MemberMember
(@evidentnancy)

Posted : 08/30/2018 9:53 pm

Ive had filler two times already in the past ten months from Novick. Plus Ive heard on here that Rullan isnt the best at placing it. Also its cheaper not to get it. And all threads on here of people doing suction have said it works great just a little down time

MemberMember
(@evidentnancy)

Posted : 11/01/2018 11:39 pm

Im two weeks out post procedure. I got subcision, microneedling and tca in one spot. Ill post pictures in another week or two.

Only symptoms I have are a little redness from one spot where he went aggressive.

I suctioned for the first week at 8 passes a day and then stopped after that due to some bumps not going away.

Im planning on going to see him at least one more time, probably two.

Swede_89 liked
MemberMember
(@evidentnancy)

Posted : 01/04/2019 1:31 am

**new pics post 2nd Rullan visit for subcision and microneedling

This is the right side of of my face. First pic is original, second pic is after 1st Rulan visit in summer, and third pic is post 2nd Rulan visit (visit from October but pic taken today). 

Both rullan visita I did cannula sub with microneedling and suctioning for about 7-8 days after.

Its weird because in my second pic it looks like one of the dents went way, but I think that was due to swelling as it™s still there now. I still obviously got some progress to do. My main goal is just to get those to major dents out of the way. I™m thinking at least two more visits to Rullan (subcision and microneedling). I have one scheduled for May already and will do the 4th in August/sept.

3304E950-E7AF-44FB-B783-999969A5BEBB.jpeg

53638084-3290-412E-B8CA-234F46D8E06E.jpeg

52229F9A-2793-4E0E-B367-BA1A2C5CE15F.jpeg

Same thing except left side of my face.

These scars are much more rolling and deeper/wider.

I honestly barely see much improvement on this side. It™s a long road and subcision sometimes takes a lot longer for some people and even for different sections of the face. I™m just going to keep riding it out by going to Rullan and see if we can chip away at small improvements each visit. I™d be okay with just 10% improvement each visit.

B163EA7E-C99E-4871-B5F6-673C1BE75F9B.jpeg

F1D02446-DC7A-4636-9491-6499D397CBCB.jpeg

6774FAED-DF4B-4C4A-85F9-2123D33AAAB1.jpeg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 01/04/2019 11:25 am

Looks good, congrats improvement. IF the Chinese cupping isn't working do filler if your prone to bumps. I do think it's a good idea to keep doing subcisions, filler would help with that. Perhaps some rf needling if you wish or co2 if things get stagnant. I would not peel or resurface until things are lifted more. Keep up on the progress 😉

MemberMember
(@evidentnancy)

Posted : 01/04/2019 11:23 pm

11 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

Looks good, congrats improvement. IF the Chinese cupping isn't working do filler if your prone to bumps. I do think it's a good idea to keep doing subcisions, filler would help with that. Perhaps some rf needling if you wish or co2 if things get stagnant. I would not peel or resurface until things are lifted more. Keep up on the progress 😉

I really dont think theres that much improvement, maybe like 10-15% after two treatments. At this pace Im going to need at least like 7 treatments lol.

MemberMember
(@coconutrough)

Posted : 01/06/2019 6:35 am

Thanks a lot for updating & the honest documenting! Agree with you : almost 0% (major dents)

You should see most benefit from filler. Is your scarring still tethered (looks this way) or why did Rullan not considered fillers?

But again : scarring like this : I've never saw improvement over 30-40% at max.

MemberMember
(@evidentnancy)

Posted : 01/15/2019 2:52 pm

@beautifulambitionI think my problem has been that my scars are re-tethering due to me not suctioning for long enough. Due to work constraints, I was suctioning for 7 days (8 passes a day) and then stopping during my first 2 subcisions. For my next subcision in May, I am taking enough time off from work to suction for 11 days post-procedure (and roughly 2-3 passes a day for days 12-14).

I bought the chinese cupping set on amazon for suctioning, but I am thinking about getting a better device since that seems to not be working. Is there a derminator that I could buy that has suctioning with it that may be better? I thought I saw that on here from @Cleopatra88in which she used a derminator to suction. Thought that only did microneedling?

@keving100didnt you use a microneedling device as well? any recs for one for suctioning?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 01/16/2019 9:43 am

@EvidentNancy Yes you have to do Chinese Cuppingfor 3 weeks and to be safe a month after subcision. For some it does not work at all - just a FYI and are better candidatesfor filler. I would do filler in your case as you have mainly rollingatrohic pits. Chinese cupping can cause bruisingin some, ... this is the point so please be aware of this. Keving used a microdermabrasion device that is battery operated from Amazon, ... just look at the reviews there. I believeyou don't use the sanding attachment and there is suction provided still. But a manual device like owndocs cupping set also works. IT has to be big enough to fit your scars and small enough to not be to big over them.

Derminator does not do suction, ... but they do sell a device from owndoc which sells this device - the cupping set.

This is why Iike filler it's much more predictable and you can go back to work. But give the microdermabrasion device a try.

MemberMember
(@evidentnancy)

Posted : 01/17/2019 12:05 am

@beautifulambitionI think i am going to use the microdermabrasion device a try for round three in May and see how it goes. Im hoping me suctioning through days 8-14 this time (which I didnt do in first two times) will help give me improvement and preventrethering.

Ill probably likely lean to getting filler for round four late August. They do say the clearest sign of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results...I gotta switch it up eventually.

MemberMember
(@cleopatra88)

Posted : 01/27/2019 3:54 pm

I suctioned from day 3 to day 21 i believe. The suctioning was done with trophy skins personal microdermabrasion machine. Its about 300, but totally worth it. The power of the machine is amazing and does wonders for texture and wrinkles. When i use it heavily, ill use it once a week. when im lazy, i shoot for twice a month. I still havent gotten my second sub, but my mind is blown by the difference in just the one sub. I can only imagine. I just need time and money and ill go back to rullan. As @beautifulambition has said many times, theres no rush. Space treatments a good 3 to 6 montha apart. Its a long process, i think the extra time inbetween treatments truly does yield best results.

MemberMember
(@dooobeeedoobbeeo)

Posted : 02/17/2019 6:57 pm

I also visited Novick and have an appointment with him soon. I'm wondering, he mentioned that he does 2 different subcsions. The first type of subcision is called a "field subcision" and the second type is just an individual subcision. He didn't mention anything about using fillers for the field subcision (across the area of the cheeks mostly) and said that it's a one time procedure which lasts forever. I don't want to use any fillers so I'm wondering, does a field subcision include a filler or no? I forgot to ask him.

@Obi wan

@beautifulambition

would anyone happen to know?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/18/2019 10:55 am

@Smed99I don't know why we are posting this in someone else's topic 😉 but... I have no idea, you need to ask him, you have a special request here.

His single pit subcision includes filler, but the filed subcision may not unless you ask for it. His usage of the term ""Field subcision"" is just placing filler higher up on the cheek typically and doing a wide spread subcision there, but it's best you email him to find out, ... he is doing the treatment and making choices for your treatment I was not part of.

I would not do field subcision if you don't want any filler, but the choice is yours. If you don't want filler have him do it without. I am sure he will charge the same cost regardless. That is a easy request if he agrees. You won't get the improvement without filler. Unless you plan to cup. But possibly you don't want to do it because you already have filler and that's fine.

MemberMember
(@dooobeeedoobbeeo)

Posted : 02/18/2019 4:54 pm

6 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

@Smed99I don't know why we are posting this in someone else's topic 😉 but... I have no idea, you need to ask him, you have a special request here.

His single pit subcision includes filler, but the filed subcision may not unless you ask for it. His usage of the term ""Field subcision"" is just placing filler higher up on the cheek typically and doing a wide spread subcision there, but it's best you email him to find out, ... he is doing the treatment and making choices for your treatment I was not part of.

I would not do field subcision if you don't want any filler, but the choice is yours. If you don't want filler have him do it without. I am sure he will charge the same cost regardless. That is a easy request if he agrees. You won't get the improvement without filler. Unless you plan to cup. But possibly you don't want to do it because you already have filler and that's fine.

My bad, should have made my own thread.

Thanks for the information. It's strange how he said that a field subcision is a one time procedure that lasts forever if he's not using filler.

This may seem absolutely stupidof me but the only reason I don't want filler is because I have some military training to do this summer and I wonder if the CS (tear) gas would somehow chemically react with the filler and affect my face. I feel stupid for even thinking of that but well, I am a hypochondriac lol.

Ill contact him.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/19/2019 9:58 am

@Smed99If you don't want filler it's as simple as telling him so. There is some truth to subcision lasting forever, ... and here is the if, it does not re-tether (filler), and if your a good healer. Filler does help that process along. But yes some people do Chinese Cupping at home post subcision and they find healing. It's variable. I am just very real with the outcomes with readers. Novick has his own way of doing things. I am listing several NYC Dr's soon in the FAQ, you might want to get more than one consult and pick the best one.

I don't feel filler would be a problem with tear gas, Ask a question about this specifically on"realself.com" Can I use filler if I am in the military and have to train with tear gas. Hopefully a Dr can answer our question and may have been in the services themselves.If you fill now, I don't think anything will be left there in the summer but your own collagen. Especially with that Novick uses Restylane (If your lucky you get barley 6 months with this filler). You can always do Chinese Cupping at home(Amazon), and not use filler.

MemberMember
(@dooobeeedoobbeeo)

Posted : 02/19/2019 4:32 pm

6 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

@Smed99If you don't want filler it's as simple as telling him so. There is some truth to subcision lasting forever, ... and here is the if, it does not re-tether (filler), and if your a good healer. Filler does help that process along. But yes some people do Chinese Cupping at home post subcision and they find healing. It's variable. I am just very real with the outcomes with readers. Novick has his own way of doing things. I am listing several NYC Dr's soon in the FAQ, you might want to get more than one consult and pick the best one.

I don't feel filler would be a problem with tear gas, Ask a question about this specifically on"realself.com" Can I use filler if I am in the military and have to train with tear gas. Hopefully a Dr can answer our question and may have been in the services themselves.If you fill now, I don't think anything will be left there in the summer but your own collagen. Especially with that Novick uses Restylane (If your lucky you get barley 6 months with this filler). You can always do Chinese Cupping at home(Amazon), and not use filler.

Thanks BA, always great answers. I'll do that.

MemberMember
(@evidentnancy)

Posted : 02/21/2019 12:24 am

On 8/30/2018 at 6:55 PM, Skyblue2073 said:

Why don't you get filler?

Because I heard hes not great at placing it. I also am buying a new suction device to use this time and will see what results I get from that. Its a derminatir device, I was just using Chinese cupping before. I think I am going to get filler at least once eventually though

MemberMember
(@evidentnancy)

Posted : 09/10/2019 11:01 pm

I haven™t uploaded pics in a while so figured I would. I last saw Rullan back in May. That was my third time and hadn™t gone since October. First time I saw him in July 2018 and we did sub and I just suctioned, then I saw him in October 2018 and did same thing, and now in May 2019 we finally switched to sub+filler. This time he recommended I just do subcision and filler due to my atrophic scars and also due to me not having much results the first two times with sub+Suction. I think my results were better this time, but I am still feeling bumps from the filler. I believe he said he used one of the longer lasting (but still temporary) juvederm filler. The first picture is after October, and then the next picture is after my May result (but taken this week).

I can still feel some bumps from the filler in my face despite it being three months since the procedure. I™m a little worried that once my filler wears off that the scars will revert back to being more visible. I think filler is still the only thing holding them up now

Right side: (first is October, second is May)

D8A34FC2-9AF5-4D1B-A756-E0DB6997F1AE.jpeg.479cd7c4d8e6f962027aea389d4aafc2.jpegA422FFB7-DB5D-451D-98E0-A80B08D966C7.jpeg.3b71ca91637b08f8725db837ac33d26b.jpeg

Left side: (first is October, second is May) 
A58ACAB2-38B0-41BA-BDBF-993D95A5295E.jpeg.ba5f78196ad3ed4d8f27d414b7d6ab46.jpeg45F2AE17-3ABA-4809-B0A0-47773A75DA54.jpeg.030b8f87e393517fed09d927a4c8a274.jpeg

@beautifulambition Should I be worried if I can still feel bumps from the filler? I know it™s only been about three months from the procedure but I can still feel them pretty easily. I™m also worried that I™m only seeing temporary results from the scars due to the placement of filler, and once the filler wears away they will go back to normal. 

Here is an example of what the bumps are like. I™m just tightening my cheek bone so my skin thins out and so you can see the bump. My face is obviously never normally like this so you can™t see the bumps with the naked eye, but this pic is just for reference 

812D44CC-DCB3-46EC-88B3-74F6365764C5.jpeg.72514b685a14da0073600c612dc75de4.jpeg
MemberMember
(@acnescars2000)

Posted : 09/11/2019 12:54 pm

i just cant believe, that not even fillers can help us..... i mean wtf?

MemberMember
(@evidentnancy)

Posted : 09/11/2019 6:18 pm

5 hours ago, acnescars2000 said:

i just cant believe, that not even fillers can help us..... i mean wtf?

What do you mean?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 09/11/2019 6:48 pm

@acnescars2000PLEASE go get some psychological help. This is the biggest "scar" those with acne scars have to deal with, the internal.

@EvidentNancyI respond now only by PM (private message) to questions and to do a customizedtreatment plan for to your Acne scar. Better for privacy & confidentiality / easier maintenance of senders / less confusion / ongoing dialog / and a better use to prioritize my timeto the 100's of severe acne scar cases I help a day by PM. Include any pictures or extra information you have by copy-pasting that into the message.Please be patient, everyone receives a response.

You look Great!!!!

99% of people would not see what your seeing. Part of this is you feel the lumps, and other's don't. Here are your options 1) Get it dissolved(I would not do this), 2) it will go down naturally, massage it daily, as the body absorbs the material over the months. There is a period of swelling for some for a month or two 3) Do a softer filler next time which is more mold able, but offer's less volume. 4) Say you like the look of fillers, ... and don't want to keep doing them, make the decision to do Bellafill with a experienced injector as it's permanent - never do this first of course. It's done in small amounts and it's expensive.

MemberMember
(@dazzed)

Posted : 09/16/2019 5:54 am

Honestly you'll probably always be able to fill the filler to some degree... I mean come on, there's a foreign substance injected in the skin to hold up the indentation. I have had fillers many times over the years, and you'll always be able to feel them to an extent.

The important thing is that it is NOT VISIBLE. I see people expecting perfection (can't feel anything in the skin, expect skin injected with filler to feel totally normal). It ain't going to happen. I think if the filler is doing it's job then we'll just have to live with some lumpiness when feeling the skin. It's a trade-off.

That said, your results are VERY GOOD. I think most people would be thrilled with these results. You may find that the scar continues to hold up even when the filler dissolves. But you might have to maintain the fillers. If you used Voluma, you probably could go 1-2 years before needing to top off. Going once every couple of years is not that big a deal. Yes it's expensive, but hey that's how it goes unless you do permanent fillers.

We need to be realistic and stop expecting miracles.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 09/16/2019 8:40 am

MemberMember
(@thepwhisp)

Posted : 09/18/2019 1:41 am

If anyone saw how you look in your most recent pictures they would have no clue you even had acne scarring. Results with filler here are unreal. If that's how you look I would see what you can do to maintain that. Looks like 90% better imo

MemberMember
(@evidentnancy)

Posted : 09/21/2019 11:26 pm

I just confirmed with the office that I did in fact use juvederm. They told me it takes around 6 months, but it could be longer, for the filler to dissolve

MemberMember
(@kyle-ogradyhotmail-com)

Posted : 01/12/2021 10:15 pm

Wonderful results! You can see the gradual improvement after each subcision/suction, and then a major improvement after the filler. Can I ask why you didn't just do filler to begin with? Does anyone know if fillers require you to elevate the scar first with a few subcisions beforehand?