Notifications
Clear all

Still can't get rid of scars after two full fraxel treatments and accutane (pics included)

MemberMember
(@incepticon)

Posted : 06/03/2018 3:51 am

On 4/8/2017 at 2:37 PM, Sezenci said:

± have same scars and subsission with filler is the best solution in my opinion.Search best doctor near to you.

Hi, i see that your name is Turkish, can i ask you where you got your treatment?
Bende T¼rk¼m :) 

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 06/03/2018 4:19 am

@Cleopatra88I would suggest not getting anything medical done before the wedding. ... Why. Many times people have swelling or complications and don't want to do this before a big evet, ... just in case. If you have a month maybe you can do filler. But I feel you might have sensitive skin. Doing it after will allow you full flexibility to not worry so much.

Yes cupping creates bruises and this is by design to make tissue under the skin. It induces hematoma. For many this is acceptable as it's not shown on the surface (unless suceptible to surface hematomas, keloids, or healing issues). Filler is much more predictable and reversible of course.

I know it's a money thing for many, and thus hold off on Filler if you wish till the end if that is the case.

BA

Roberto68 liked
MemberMember
(@evidentnancy)

Posted : 06/03/2018 1:35 pm

On 6/2/2018 at 11:12 PM, dazzed said:

I don't think you should do any more lasers because they won't do much for this type of scarring. You don't have much sharp edged scars that need planing down. You really just need volumizing and subcision mostly.

Yeah I definitely wasnt planning on doing lasers anymore. Just sub+filler. I learned my lessons from fraxel haha

@beautifulambitionif you could choose one or the other from Rullan, considering what youve seen from the results posted on here, would you do filler over suctioning (assuming you had unlimited downtime). I see some people post that filler isnt great with Rullan but I feel that could be mitigated from waiting to get it when the swelling goes down. But then theres @Cleopatra88who says she got great results from suction

MemberMember
(@thepwhisp)

Posted : 06/03/2018 11:46 pm

@EvidentNancy Ideally I would say sub + filler if done correctly. The only problem is (IIRC) that once you get it filled you should probably wait at least 6-12 months before getting another subcision. If Down time wasn't an issue for me I'd just keep getting sub + suctioning until I had acceptable results as I feel you can bang more treatments into the year. That being said filler will give you better temporary results but you will have to wait longer inbetween treatments. I feel subcision + suction is the best cheap way to see results on a budget. That lady I found locally could be a steal if you chose to go that route. If it were me I would 100% get filler if Rullans skills are up to par.

MemberMember
(@silavana)

Posted : 06/04/2018 4:55 pm

I agree, don't do anything before the wedding, but when you think about new options, look into some of the newer laser procedures, Cutera has a device called the excel V that can remove scars in fewer treatment sessions.

MemberMember
(@dazzed)

Posted : 06/04/2018 5:41 pm

Since you are willing to travel, this Dr Shah in Vancouver seems to be pretty good at filling scars. This patient in the link had bellafill, but you could certainly ask him to use something non-permanent. The results are quite impressive given the severity before she started treatment.

https://www.realself.com/review/vancouver-bc-bellafill-25-years-treating-deep-acne-scars#

MemberMember
(@amp2695)

Posted : 06/05/2018 7:54 pm

Dang those results from the bellafill are crazy good. Theres gonna be people saying its not the same lighting bla bla bla but you can tell the scarring raised a lot wow.

dazzed liked
MemberMember
(@childhooddreams)

Posted : 06/05/2018 9:37 pm

1 hour ago, Amp2695 said:

Dang those results from the bellafill are crazy good. Theres gonna be people saying its not the same lighting bla bla bla but you can tell the scarring raised a lot wow.

Patient had the perfect scars for it; you (and I) would not get such clear cut results from the same operation IMO.

MemberMember
(@dazzed)

Posted : 06/05/2018 10:49 pm

Yeah, I specifically suggested this doctor to the OP because they have the right scars - discrete, deep, soft shoulders, normal texture overlying the scars...If you have sharp jagged, small, but widespread scars it would not be ideal. First, you'll more than likely get permanent lumps which are just as bad as pits.

Personally I think rolling scars are one of the easier but certainly NOT cheap types of scars to fix.

MemberMember
(@evidentnancy)

Posted : 06/07/2018 10:12 pm

@dazzedthanks for the suggestion. i think i really am just going to focus on going to rullan from here on out though

**question - is it bad if I will have had subcusion +filler 3 times in 12 months (with Novick). and then in month 13, go see another doc (Rullan) for the same procedure? Is that too much filler within a timespan?

MemberMember
(@evidentnancy)

Posted : 08/02/2018 4:23 pm

I saw Rullan the other day for subcision. He seemed like a great doctor and I was very impressed with everything. I am happy with the results so far, but I am going to wait a couple weeks to post pictures.

I am suctioning starting today, and plan to do it for 2 weeks total, with about 8 passes a day (4 seconds each). I saw in the FAQ that it recommended 8 passes - could I do three passes in one sitting, or should it be 8 passes all in different attempts? Also should I be suctioning for longer than two weeks?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 08/02/2018 6:17 pm

@EvidentNancyYes you can do less with longer time 😉 It will cause bruising fyi, concealer is one's friend.Some do it for 3-4 weeks, ... see how you do, you can taper towards the end with less.

MemberMember
(@evidentnancy)

Posted : 08/02/2018 7:07 pm

@beautifulambitionWhat do you mean less with longer time? I can do multiple passes in one sitting you mean? It doesnt have to be 8 passes in all separate sittings?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 08/02/2018 7:16 pm

@EvidentNancyI recall I put alternative protocols in the cupping section of the FAQ, 3-4 times a day with longer duration, or shorter duration 8 times a day. Most people do not have time for 8 times a day like was discovered with this treatment. Do what you can. I think the point is spreading out the suctioning over the day. Being over aggressive can make lumps, ... if this happens (like faq says) stop vacuuming until they resolve (it's probably a hidden hematoma). One can get results either way (longer or shorter and more frequent). Your keeping the body from re-ethering.

Start slow and build up if you wish to more frequent times.

Roberto68 liked
MemberMember
(@acnewarrior101)

Posted : 08/13/2018 3:51 pm

Same problem with me. I have distensible acne scars and after three rounds of Fraxel, I've seen little to no improvement. The fraxel treatment actually left me with more scars because my skin wasn't able to heal correctly. Please let me know if there is any derm or doc who can get rid of such scars. I've been looking into subcisions and other lasers because I know fraxel and chemical peels don't work for me. I was on accutane for 9 months and I am ready to get rid of all traces of my acne once and for all.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 08/13/2018 10:03 pm

@acnewarrior101Please make your own post and post some pictures, with a flashlight for directional lighting so I can help.

MemberMember
(@evidentnancy)

Posted : 08/23/2018 11:52 pm

This is me three weeks out post rullan subcision. First pic is original (or after two trips to novick) and summer second pic is post rullan. I™m much happier with the results now and can see an improvement on both sides. In these pictures you can only really see an improvement on my right side though. I think I™m going to ask rullan to go more aggressive on the left side when I see him again in October. I™m getting subcision and the microdermabrasion 

Anyone have any tips of taking pics of themselves? I used natural lighting but still seems like I can do better. 

757BD81A-298C-4FDC-A32C-6F480EAE89F8.jpeg.ddc943ef3361a656a7f1d7786bf53235.jpegFCE87DAF-3386-4A30-A6F5-9DDE24A1826F.thumb.jpeg.d678f2f318f87c7d1bd25bb00c312587.jpeg6A11ADBE-A4AB-4BC9-82D5-CFB9DA5CC5D7.jpeg.c7feb68378954d9ccbd10388f67f22ce.jpeg04B7DD99-04B3-460A-9D7A-693A369EE33B.thumb.jpeg.e41f7ffc70ae563c7f27cdb923f9c87a.jpeg

MemberMember
(@dazzed)

Posted : 08/24/2018 2:00 pm

Your comparison photos are excellent, the lighting is virtually the same. On the right(?) side, that one deeper rolling scar in the middle of your cheek is basically gone. The results look very promising.

MemberMember
(@obi-wan)

Posted : 08/25/2018 5:48 am

I can't speak for pricing, but this is a relatively straight forward job. One GOOD session of HA buffer with a good Japanese steel Cannular subcision will improve majority of scars, in one session! If the Cannular bends, the good guys will swap to either a Nokor for the one or two scars that are resistant, or 18 G TSK. The exception is that if you have extensive sub-dermal fibrosis (scar that feel vvvvv hard to touch), this is when multiple session are needed, or very, very careful 1-3% density old fashioned Ultrapulse can break up the altered collagen. Another option is RF insulated Cannular subcsion. Not many guys know how to do this, but that will break down fibrosis. We, including myself, are making assumptions on photos that do indeed look relatively easy. I think Rullan or Novick will know exactly what to do after a good clinical examination. (BTW, if you do suction, you risk haematomas, rare, but a good derm will warn you). I wish you well.

MemberMember
(@evidentnancy)

Posted : 08/25/2018 1:20 pm

7 hours ago, Obi wan said:

I can't speak for pricing, but this is a relatively straight forward job. One GOOD session of HA buffer with a good Japanese steel Cannular subcision will improve majority of scars, in one session! If the Cannular bends, the good guys will swap to either a Nokor for the one or two scars that are resistant, or 18 G TSK. The exception is that if you have extensive sub-dermal fibrosis (scar that feel vvvvv hard to touch), this is when multiple session are needed, or very, very careful 1-3% density old fashioned Ultrapulse can break up the altered collagen. Another option is RF insulated Cannular subcsion. Not many guys know how to do this, but that will break down fibrosis. We, including myself, are making assumptions on photos that do indeed look relatively easy. I think Rullan or Novick will know exactly what to do after a good clinical examination. (BTW, if you do suction, you risk haematomas, rare, but a good derm will warn you). I wish you well.

Im not really sure what you meant by any of this/how it applies to me haha but thanks

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 08/25/2018 6:34 pm

@EvidentNancyI think he is just trying to get you more improvement. Let me know if I can translate anything as it's a bit technical. Very good results by the way, ... if your happy with the results you can stop at any time.

BA

MemberMember
(@nina22)

Posted : 08/26/2018 4:48 pm

@Obi wanwhydo u keep on promoting Novick so much? The poster has already mentioned he was of no help to him before.. I personally went to see him (due to this continuous endorsement).. with a similarly poor result.

MemberMember
(@evidentnancy)

Posted : 08/26/2018 10:33 pm

On 8/25/2018 at 7:34 PM, beautifulambition said:
@EvidentNancyI think he is just trying to get you more improvement. Let me know if I can translate anything as it's a bit technical. Very good results by the way, ... if your happy with the results you can stop at any time.

BA

Ohh ok. And thanks, Im much happier with my right side than the left. Im not sure why I saw more improvement on one side than the other. I think Im going to Rullan for two more times and then re-assess. I really want to get my face looking good as possible and never have to do this again. Im thinking about it sort of as an investment in my face/confidence for pretty much the rest of my life

MemberMember
(@evidentnancy)

Posted : 08/30/2018 5:29 pm

Just booked my flights out to San Diego to see Rullan again for mid-October! Plan on getting subcision, microneedling, and then phenopeel on just one spot. Plan to suction the first week doing 8 passes a day. And then suction the second week doing 2-3 passes a day. Will post before/after pictures about 3-4 weeks after the procedure

MemberMember
(@skyblue2073)

Posted : 08/30/2018 5:55 pm

26 minutes ago, EvidentNancy said:

Just booked my flights out to San Diego to see Rullan again for mid-October! Plan on getting subcision, microneedling, and then phenopeel on just one spot. Plan to suction the first week doing 8 passes a day. And then suction the second week doing 2-3 passes a day. Will post before/after pictures about 3-4 weeks after the procedure

Why don't you get filler?