Notifications
Clear all

Please help. I need help understanding how and when to use microneedling/dermarolling, peeling, etc.

MemberMember
(@annaakarenina)

Posted : 08/02/2017 5:30 pm

I can't figure out from the pictures in the sticky thread whether my scars are ice pick or box car scars or rolling scars. I can't tell the difference between them.
Also, I tried reading the stickied thread's links to other threads about microneedling, dermarolling, and peeling, but they were too advanced for me.

What is microneedling, dermarolling, and peeling? How do they work and how are they different?

How do I/what are the techniques to get rid of acne scars?

How does needling/rolling/peeling get of acne scars?

Does needling/rolling/peeling make you bleed, and is it dangerous?

Would needling/rolling/peeling help me get rid of these scars? Should I use a combination? How frequently should I needle/roll/peel? How long does it take to get results? Will makeup help hide them?

What kind of scars do I have? Are they shallow or deep? The ones on the side of my face have healed significantly. They used to be bright red.

Thank you.

*edit: thank you, I got rid of thescars

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/02/2017 6:14 pm

Looks like you got mostly boxcar,quite wide,also some might say in what might be worse place yo have them on your temples and forehead as the flesh is thin here.

needling i personaly dislike,my skin and scars dont like it,makes my texture and scars worse.

tca peels will help but strong ones,25% is round the stringest i done so far and it works but its a gradual process.

if your paying i know people will say subscision but i think some scars are risk on temples if they too deep as you can hit blood vessels so tca is good candidate And needling if its suitable for you to try to stimulate collagen growth to ump them out as some look quite deficiant.

tca peel kinda trains your skin to pop out as its healing while at same time strips layers of skin away,skimming your scar edges down.
:)

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 08/03/2017 5:01 am

These look like surface boxcars , scarred macules. For your temples many have had good success with nokor subcision to raise the tethered scars.

MemberMember
(@annaakarenina)

Posted : 08/03/2017 12:45 pm

48 minutes ago, Quadboy said:

Looks like you got mostly boxcar,quite wide,also some might say in what might be worse place yo have them on your temples and forehead as the flesh is thin here.

needling i personaly dislike,my skin and scars dont like it,makes my texture and scars worse.

tca peels will help but strong ones,25% is round the stringest i done so far and it works but its a gradual process.

if your paying i know people will say subscision but i think some scars are risk on temples if they too deep as you can hit blood vessels so tca is good candidate And needling if its suitable for you to try to stimulate collagen growth to ump them out as some look quite deficiant.

tca peel kinda trains your skin to pop out as its healing while at same time strips layers of skin away,skimming your scar edges down.
:)

Thank you very much (:

7 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

These look like surface boxcars , scarred macules. For your temples many have had good success with nokor subcision to raise the tethered scars. I describe in detail in the faq what each of the following are microneedling, dermarolling, and peeling. Please Google/ wikipedia the words if that will help you more than my in depth guide. For simplicity microneedling = using needles to stimulate collegen and wound healing, dermarolling = a roller with needles (outdated now, dermastamping is better), peeling = a acid peel. You need to do TCA cross on your small macules and tca spot peels to the areas with surface scars (it will take many). As yuo find the information confusing please see a med spa, or Dr and have TCA Cross and TCA spot peels done. For your Temples and deeper pits I would have subcision done. Stretch marks are never gotten rid of, and this is a site about acne. For those You can try to use the product http://derminator.com or microneeling (rolling) them, acid peeling them, Some do a treatment called Kora with co2 gas, some have laser done, some do infini rf. You do a treatment once a month, you will be treating for around 3 years. 

Thank you. I was  asking about stretch marks  because I was reading that microneedling worked for that and acne scars. I have Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, which makes wound healing slow and my skin tears easily no matter what weight I am because there™s something wrong with how my body makes/uses collagen. I don™t quite understand whether that will affect whether I should use microneedling for acne scars. I can™t afford anything other than at-home treatments. I™m sorry that I missed what your guide says. I have Lupus and Fibromyalgia, and it™s very difficult to understand written/spoken text sometimes.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 08/05/2017 7:11 am

@AnnaAKarenina I am sorry for you medical conditions that lead to poor healing. This concerns me that you want to do treatment with these conditions. I would suggest you consult a dermatologist before you try anything. You could chronically hurt yourself and cause more issues. If you heal poorly all these treatments rely on your body's ability to heal. Talk to a doctor about subcision for the temples, they may not do it with your conditions. You could cause yourself to look worse by using something like a microneedle on your scars or stretch marks as your body does not heal properly. If your skin tears easily, all these things will damage your skin and make you look worse. I would look for things that do not damage your skin like vitamin c serum, or topicals.

PM me for more help