Notifications
Clear all

Since I can't fix my scars, should I get a nose job?

MemberMember
(@ls14)

Posted : 07/24/2017 7:54 pm

I'm working on fixing my scars but since that seems like a never ending battle, I want honest opinions on if I should I get a nose job. It has been a huge insecurity my whole life and I've been bullied about it in school and in my adult life. I don't have many pics, but I am uploading a pic from a wedding where the photographer caught my profile. I just want to know what most people think when they look at me. Sorry, I know this is an acne board.

MemberMember
(@ls14)

Posted : 07/24/2017 9:35 pm

Anyone?

MemberMember
(@i-mad)

Posted : 07/25/2017 11:54 am

Get a nose job, it be worth it for you

MemberMember
(@clareabella)

Posted : 07/25/2017 12:16 pm

I wouldn't have a nose job because of other people's spiteful comments. Usually when someone is mocking someone else it's because they have their own insecurities and it makes them feel better. If you were to go ahead because it's something that bothers you then go ahead but if it's because of something that someone has said then hell no. Try looking at the positives, your married? then that's someone who loves you just they way you are. Also your hair is gorgeous I am sure most people especially girls would agree.

Мyth liked
MemberMember
(@ls14)

Posted : 07/25/2017 12:21 pm

2 minutes ago, clareabella said:

I wouldn't have a nose job because of other people's spiteful comments. Usually when someone is mocking someone else it's because they have their own insecurities and it makes them feel better. If you were to go ahead because it's something that bothers you then go ahead but if it's because of something that someone has said then hell no. Try looking at the positives, your married? then that's someone who loves you just they way you are. Also your hair is gorgeous I am sure most people especially girls would agree.

Thanks for the replies. No, I'm 29 and not married. I feel like men find my nose a turn off, or maybe it's just in my head. I just hope I look like myself but better, nothing too dramatic where it makes you look like a different person. Thanks for the hair compliment! It's the only thing I like about myself lol

MemberMember
(@keving100)

Posted : 07/25/2017 3:17 pm

You are a really pretty woman. I dont see any scars on you face right now. You live in Michigan right? You can always get CROSS done from that aesthetics place. In my opinion, you may have some volume loss in the cheeks. If you get sculptra done, it will not only help minimize the appearance of the scars but also volumize your face which will make your nose look smaller. If you are still not satisfied, you can always get a nose job. There is a surgeon in Toronto, who is suppose to be the best surgeon in North America because he has limited his practice to rhinoplasty only. You may want to seek an appointment with him. It will be cheaper for you as well since you will be paying in CAD dollars. This is just my opinion tohugh.

MemberMember
(@ls14)

Posted : 07/25/2017 4:23 pm

59 minutes ago, keving100 said:

You are a really pretty woman. I dont see any scars on you face right now. You live in Michigan right? You can always get CROSS done from that aesthetics place. In my opinion, you may have some volume loss in the cheeks. If you get sculptra done, it will not only help minimize the appearance of the scars but also volumize your face which will make your nose look smaller. If you are still not satisfied, you can always get a nose job. There is a surgeon in Toronto, who is suppose to be the best surgeon in North America because he has limited his practice to rhinoplasty only. You may want to seek an appointment with him. It will be cheaper for you as well since you will be paying in CAD dollars. This is just my opinion tohugh.

Hi Kevin! Nice to see you in this thread. Thank you for the compliment:) Yes, I'm in Michigan. Are you saying my cheeks look like they have volume loss in the pics? My mom tells me if I just gained some weight since I'm super skinny and a little underweight, my nose will look smaller and to not resort to plastic surgery. I already scheduled the surgery for August 1st but I'm getting cold feet. I've never felt so superficial

MemberMember
(@thepwhisp)

Posted : 07/25/2017 4:51 pm

You are pretty the way you are. On the other hand if you really want a nose job I'd say go for it.

MemberMember
(@ls14)

Posted : 07/25/2017 9:28 pm

4 hours ago, thepwhisp said:

You are pretty the way you are.  On the other hand if you really want a nose job I'd say go for it. 

Thank you :D

MemberMember
(@clareabella)

Posted : 07/26/2017 2:06 am

13 hours ago, LS14 said:
Thanks for the replies. No, I'm 29 and not married. I feel like men find my nose a turn off, or maybe it's just in my head. I just hope I look like myself but better, nothing too dramatic where it makes you look like a different person. Thanks for the hair compliment! It's the only thing I like about myself lol

Oh sorry I misread your post, I thought you meant the picture was taken at your wedding. If it's going to make YOU happy then go for it but you look beautiful the way you are.

MemberMember
(@dazzed)

Posted : 07/26/2017 10:53 am

Whatever you choose, be sure to research the hell out of your surgeon and go to a few consults. Don't make a rash decision. We've seen examples of surgeons messing up people's skin on these forums, and nose jobs are 100x more complicated. Some people also experience an deep sense of losing their identity because they no longer look like people in their family. What they thought was an ugly feature, was actually a bigger part of their self image than they realized. And there really is no going back, so think hard about.

MemberMember
(@keving100)

Posted : 07/26/2017 1:18 pm

20 hours ago, LS14 said:
Hi Kevin! Nice to see you in this thread. Thank you for the compliment:) Yes, I'm in Michigan. Are you saying my cheeks look like they have volume loss in the pics? My mom tells me if I just gained some weight since I'm super skinny and a little underweight, my nose will look smaller and to not resort to plastic surgery. I already scheduled the surgery for August 1st but I'm getting cold feet. I've never felt so superficial

See your mom said the exact same thing as me. You can gain more weight or get some sculptra injections done. I have had 2 sculptra injections done so far, loving the result. You can also get far transfer but thats more expensive.
wow Aug 1st is coming up, good for you..why cold feet? if you trust the surgeon, then u should be excited, you are in safe hands

MemberMember
(@bluedog88)

Posted : 07/26/2017 4:34 pm

On 7/25/2017 at 4:17 PM, keving100 said:

what place in michigan are you referring to? are they supposed to be particularly good?

LS14 liked
MemberMember
(@ls14)

Posted : 07/26/2017 8:36 pm

3 hours ago, BlueDog88 said:
On 7/25/2017 at 4:17 PM, keving100 said:

what place in michigan are you referring to? are they supposed to be particularly good?

Its a place I recommended called the Aesthetics Room in Dearborn, MI. However, I have my reservations now. I got a test spot done for TCA cross using the needle method and it left me with a very red, hyperpigmented area even though the indent did improve. See my thread about the TCA cross.

MemberMember
(@keving100)

Posted : 08/07/2017 12:39 pm

On 2017-07-26 at 2:18 PM, keving100 said:
See your mom said the exact same thing as me. You can gain more weight or get some sculptra injections done. I have had 2 sculptra injections done so far, loving the result. You can also get far transfer but thats more expensive.
wow Aug 1st is coming up, good for you..why cold feet? if you trust the surgeon, then u should be excited, you are in safe hands
MemberMember
(@keving100)

Posted : 08/07/2017 6:53 pm

On 2017-07-25 at 5:23 PM, LS14 said:

how did your nose job go?

dazzed liked
MemberMember
(@ls14)

Posted : 08/07/2017 8:20 pm

1 hour ago, keving100 said:
On 7/25/2017 at 5:23 PM, LS14 said:

how did your nose job go?

I decided against it and cancelled. I didn't have the guts yet and a family health issue came up, so I'm glad I did.

MemberMember
(@dazzed)

Posted : 08/08/2017 5:56 pm

Yeah that sounds like the right decision. Getting really invasive surgery that could potentially go wrong would only add more stress to your life.

LS14 liked
MemberMember
(@keving100)

Posted : 08/15/2017 10:10 am

On 8/7/2017 at 9:20 PM, LS14 said:
I decided against it and cancelled. I didn't have the guts yet and a family health issue came up, so I'm glad I did.

right decision since you werent comfy enough with the surgeon

MemberMember
(@byte_me_0k)

Posted : 08/25/2017 2:01 am

I read you canceled the nose operation. In my opinion you don't need one at all. You are very very beautiful. I think you are from Persian or Arabic descent right? It's not a shame to have a slightly bigger nose.

Мyth liked
MemberMember
(@ls14)

Posted : 08/27/2017 9:55 pm

On 8/25/2017 at 3:01 AM, Byte_Me_0k said:

I read you canceled the nose operation. In my opinion you don't need one at all. You are very very beautiful. I think you are from Persian or Arabic descent right? It's not a shame to have a slightly bigger nose.

Why thank you:) Means a lot

MemberMember
(@skyesthelimit)

Posted : 09/03/2017 9:39 pm

Glad you cancelled your appointment. If you should decide to do it, do some real hard research first. It should not be an impulsive kind of thing but a decision that will change your whole life. You either make or break it.

And again, you are beautiful hun! I'm sure a lot of men here are admiring you now. :)

Мyth and clareabella liked
MemberMember
(@ls14)

Posted : 09/09/2017 1:56 pm

On 9/3/2017 at 10:39 PM, skyesthelimit said:

Glad you cancelled your appointment. If you should decide to do it, do some real hard research first. It should not be an impulsive kind of thing but a decision that will change your whole life. You either make or break it.

And again, you are beautiful hun! I'm sure a lot of men here are admiring you now. :)

Thank you, wish I believed it!

MemberMember
(@gone)

Posted : 09/11/2017 11:48 am

It's entirely up to you. I know of a good surgeon in Belgium if you are interested, as I researched this last year.

I want a hair transplant which some people think is vain but if these issues bother us to a huge extent then it needs to be addressed. For me it is simply a question of money and finding a good surgeon.