Notifications
Clear all

My experience: Acne scar treatment so far..... advice too please

MemberMember
(@jules157)

Posted : 07/17/2017 11:07 am

I have visited this informative and honest forum so many times and I thought it is my turn to write to share my experience so far. Currently,my experience of subcision 7 weeks ago is not very positive at the moment. It seems many people have had good experiences but I do think my old acne scars appear worse and I have some raised nodules. I dont want to put any one off having treatment as we are all different and things still could work out for me. The main reason I am posting is 2 fold to let others know of my experience so far and to get some advice from those that can hopefully reassure me or not as I am really upset and very down about what I thought would help my acne scars that have bothered me for so long.

So, I had dermapen (fms), subcision and TCA (100%) N Cross seven weeks ago - I have mentioned all the concerns to the renowned dermatology professor who administered the treatment and I have been informed that everything is normal and things will settle in time. However, this is quite difficult to hear and accept when the skin is looking worse and consequently making ne feel self-conscious and awkward in social situations.

I have also been advised that if the nodules bother me still if they are present later on then he can inject a solution into them (that solution presumably being a corticosteroid such as Kenalog).

Please, can anyone advise me on the following questions as I only have his opinion to go on and I dont know anyone else who has had any treatments like these.

- Will I see an improvement in the scarred areas?

- When will the nodules go?

- What will help the nodules reduce apart from the steroid injection?

With many thanks

MemberMember
(@jollyhohnson)

Posted : 07/17/2017 2:13 pm

May I ask which clinic/doctor you visited? Also, did you have filler with your subicision?

MemberMember
(@jules157)

Posted : 07/17/2017 4:47 pm

Dr Chu in London - no filler was injected

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 07/17/2017 5:38 pm

if you didnt use a method to stop retethering its no wander your scars go backwards,you need to maintain them through the healing process.

tca peel at around 25% done to a frost,2 layers should impact on yoyr skin although its a long process,takes multiplevtreatments over months to get good results,i can say hand on heart tca peel works but thats my skin and my texture/scar probs which might be less than yours.

tca cross at 100% works but again its a case of multiple sessions to see real results but each time you should see positive results.

carried out properly and looked after carefully and diligently you should be happy enough.times your friend here,its mostly gonna happen in the healing phase so heres where we pay attention and take care.
:)

MemberMember
(@jollyhohnson)

Posted : 07/17/2017 5:43 pm

How did you get an appointment with Dr Chu? I'm having to delay my scar treatments because I'm thinking of starting a course of Roaccutane, but when I do get something done about scars I'm hoping to see Dr Chu. What did you think of him?

Agreed - I've heard that subicision needs to be followed by a filler in order for any real improvement. Otherwise the skin just stays where it is, tethered or not.

MemberMember
(@jules157)

Posted : 07/17/2017 5:50 pm

You can see Dr Chu at the Hammersmith hospital (London) in the private wing by contacting his secretary there. Or, you can see him at the West London derm clinic. He is a really professional and friendly Dr and he has reassured me that what I am experiencing is normal. Maybe I'll have a chat with him again about filler in the future but he also mentioned PRP to me in combination with the next subcision (that's if i go ahead). I trust him and will go back to see him again, He doesn't rip you off either.

MemberMember
(@jollyhohnson)

Posted : 07/18/2017 1:50 am

Thanks, that's really helpful to know. Do you have any information on prices?

MemberMember
(@jules157)

Posted : 07/18/2017 6:11 am

I think i paid around 350.00 for dermapen, subcision and tca - don't forget to take into account your travel, including cabs as you may not want to look red raw on public (unless it's winter and you can use a massive scarf to cover you up)

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 07/18/2017 9:37 am

I answered your other post with the same info, your prone to keloids, your body is overactive in healing or producing excess skin,... yes you must do steriod for keloids or wait for them to resolve which can take many months. This is uncommon. I would not be doing filler if your susceptible to keloids as your getting bumps without anything. If anyone reading this does get filler your scars must be pits, not light surface acne, and you use a non water drawing filler aka resty, bellotero, volbella. You should be fine, please consult with Dr. Chu about this. Also you did several treatments at once, and again sometimes the body does not like this, ... I do not know if he did it all on those spots specifically.That price is incredibly cheap, come to the states ;-).

MemberMember
(@jules157)

Posted : 07/19/2017 4:58 am

19 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

I answered your other post with the same info, your prone to keloids, your body is overactive in healing or producing excess skin,... yes you must do steriod for keloids or wait for them to resolve which can take many months. This is uncommon. I would not be doing filler if your susceptible to keloids as your getting bumps without anything. If anyone reading this does get filler your scars must be pits, not light surface acne, and you use a non water drawing filler aka resty, bellotero, volbella. You should be fine, please consult with Dr. Chu about this. Also you did several treatments at once, and again sometimes the body does not like this, ... I do not know if he did it all on those spots specifically.That price is incredibly cheap, come to the states ;-).

Thank you for your response - I am grateful for your advice