Notifications
Clear all

Subcision with TCA CROSS?

MemberMember
(@neofight)

Posted : 06/19/2017 7:54 am

Understanding that treatment is a long road, I'm trying to start my more invasive scar treatments asap.

However. My dermatologist suggested that for my first treatment she do a subcision and TCA CROSS during the same visit, followed by a very diluted (like 10-15% TCA peel).

I explained to her that doing the CROSS would limit my ability to suction after the subcision. SHE HAD NEVER HEARD OF THE SUCTION METHOD.

2 questions:

1. Is it common to do a subcision with TCA CROSS?

2.Do I run for the hills from this Dr.?

There are other doctors in my area but cost is a factor and her prices reasonable. I'm wondering whether I can stick with her and just sort of control my treatment.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 06/19/2017 12:24 pm

Depends, is she using a cannula or a normal needle.

I have seen treatment like this, you could try it for your first go around. Cannula subcision often does better then normal needle subcision. When you combine several things more can go wrong. Simply tell her you would like to separate it out /(different appts, to see how you heal) even though there is longer healing time and thats ok for you. She could do the TCA cross and subcison at once, as they are different scar types / treatments. Do a stronger peel at a latter time.

NeoFight liked