Notifications
Clear all

Microneedle

MemberMember
(@munsoned)

Posted : 09/08/2012 3:32 pm

WHAT:

1.) What size needles were/are you using? 31gx5mm-29gx12mm pen needle...1.5-2mm for roller.

2.) What kind of scars were/are you treating? mainly ice pick

3.) What topicals, if any, did/do you use before & after each treatment? I have used any number of A/C topicals, copper peptides

4.) What vitamins/supplements, if any, did/do you take? Multi vitamin, fish oil, joint support and a host of sports supplements

5.) What was/is your time interval between each treatment? I have done shorter and longer time intervals..Some scars I may do more frequently than others depending on how they respond ect..

6.) What percentage (0-100%) would you put on your scar improvement? Its hard to say..If I had to put a number on overall improvement from looking at it now and when I started I would say roughly 50%.

HOW:

1.) How did/do you clean your device? My roller, Hot water under the faucet

2.) How often did/do you clean your device? after I use it

3.) How long had/have you been doing treatment? For years

4.) How old were your scars when you first started? The majority and worst of them were roughly 10 years old.

*And last but not least, do you believe dermarolling/ dermastamping is worth it? I have not dermastamped. I have done needling with individual needles and rolling..It has been worth it for me personally because my scars have always been a really tough thing for me to deal with. And while I still work torwards more improvements, some of which may be in other forms of treatment for scars that may need it. As I have achieved the improvements I have made, my confidence has improved as well and how I feel about myself.

MemberMember
(@pennyroswell)

Posted : 10/24/2012 11:56 am

BUMP

MemberMember
(@foreverandpatience)

Posted : 10/24/2012 4:17 pm

I have needled twice in the past two months with a 1.0 needle roller. I've seen improvements. I'm wondering, does the dermaroller break up deeper scar tissue? I have a shallow scar, but the thing is it must be tethered down because it looks worse when I move my forehead... that's where it is.

Can anyone tell me anything about this?

MemberMember
(@slsl)

Posted : 11/10/2012 2:59 am

Hey guys! Wow, I haven't been on here in a long while. I haven't used the dermaroller myself because last year right when I thought my acne was finally over, I hit some major health issues and started breaking out pretty badly again. I now have even more scarring, and I'm still breaking out. :( My skin reacts badly to literally everything I try to use for the acne.

But ANYHOW, I just wanted to BUMP this thread! I know there are more of you out there that are dermarolling/ dermastamping. Thanks y'all!

MemberMember
(@f93d)

Posted : 11/10/2012 12:56 pm

1.) What size needles were/are you using? 1.5

2.) What kind of scars were/are you treating? rolling; box; ice

3.) What topicals, if any, did/do you use before & after each treatment? Super Cop

4.) What vitamins/supplements, if any, did/do you take? no

5.) What was/is your time interval between each treatment? 2 - 8 wks

6.) What percentage (0-100%) would you put on your scar improvement? no clue. Rolling goes away nicely, icepicks got wider but shallower, new scars did form (use @ ur own risk, don't use on active acne), scars changed shape. Overall some shrunk and some got bigger (but shallower).

Recommended? Don't know, only if you have full face scarring like I do - nothing to lose.

HOW1.) How did/do you clean your device? one time use

2.) How often did/do you clean your device? one time use

3.) How long had/have you been doing treatment? 4 yrs

4.) How old were your scars when you first started? 19

u1971 liked
MemberMember
(@slsl)

Posted : 11/11/2012 2:18 am

f93d,

Your scars are 19 years old, or you're 19 years old? Just wondering! And did you get new scarring from using it on active acne, or the new scarring came out of seemingly nowhere? Thanks!!

MemberMember
(@f93d)

Posted : 11/12/2012 1:32 am

scar age: 1 - 7 yrs;

The only ones I really tracked are the 7 year ones on my temples - all boxcar. They all shallowed significantly but increased in diameter (edit: adding a note - the scars changed shape, some definitely shrunk but some appeared to get slightly bigger). Doesn't look good, but the old ones didn't look good either. Pretty much trading one scar for another.

I did roll on active acne in the past b/c it makes those big ones go away within days. Big mistake -> changes scar shapes.

New scarring did seem to come out of nowhere, excluding the mistakes of rolling on the active stuff.

But as I said, makes no difference; I've full facial scarring. It's a little hard to track what causes what and what's improving.

I'm just glad those rolling ones are going away - they look the worst.

MemberMember
(@slsl)

Posted : 11/13/2012 10:39 pm

I also see people complaining about Super Cop causing new scarring as well, so you may want to keep a look out on that too. Thanks for your reply.

MemberMember
(@slsl)

Posted : 12/17/2012 7:26 pm

BUMP again! :)

MemberMember
(@likecake)

Posted : 12/18/2012 10:00 pm

let me answer it

WHAT:

1.) What size needles were/are you using?

1.5 mm dermaroller

2.) What kind of scars were/are you treating?

ice pick, some shallow scars and big pores

3.) What topicals, if any, did/do you use before & after each treatment?

im using prp as serum, and prp mix with natrium cloride and plain cream as healing cream

4.) What vitamins/supplements, if any, did/do you take?\]

nothing

5.) What was/is your time interval between each treatment?

around 3 - 5 week

6.) What percentage (0-100%) would you put on your scar improvement?

maybe just 40%

HOW:

1.) How did/do you clean your device?

sterile water and alcohol

2.) How often did/do you clean your device?

before and after

3.) How long had/have you been doing treatment?

1 years

4.) How old were your scars when you first started?

18 y o

u1971 liked
MemberMember
(@flowerbud3)

Posted : 12/21/2012 12:57 am

I have a few questions: Will derma rolling (with a 0.5mm) be OK for someone who has very shallow and isolated acne scarring in an area? I know that many people with severe scarring will see improvements but what about those who have fairly great skin but a bit of scarring? I guess to answer my question would be to answer this: If someone who has absolutely flawless skin and they derma rolled, Will their skin actually remain the same as if nothing happened or will it actually get 'worse'? People with severe scarring will see improvements but if someone who has flawless skin uses it, will it get worse?

MemberMember
(@starlite)

Posted : 12/21/2012 5:47 am

Why risk it? There are treatments available for certain type of scarring (TCA cross for ice pick scarring, subcision for rolling and boxcar), so it makes more sense to invest in those treatments if a person only wants to treat isolated areas.

MemberMember
(@flowerbud3)

Posted : 12/21/2012 8:25 pm

Why risk it? There are treatments available for certain type of scarring (TCA cross for ice pick scarring, subcision for rolling and boxcar), so it makes more sense to invest in those treatments if a person only wants to treat isolated areas.

What exactly am I risking? I thought derma rolling is pretty much 100% safe IF you use the right length and be very careful in every step you take in preforming the rolling. ( not over doing it/ not pressing to hard)

MemberMember
(@starlite)

Posted : 12/21/2012 11:24 pm

What exactly am I risking? I thought derma rolling is pretty much 100% safe IF you use the right length and be very careful in every step you take in preforming the rolling. ( not over doing it/ not pressing to hard)

I've heard of it causing scarring in some cases. I assumed that's why you asked the question. My mistake.

MemberMember
(@emc2)

Posted : 04/25/2013 5:13 pm

HELP PLEASE!
I bought .5mm dermaroller and used it last week on Tuesday and this week Sunday. Before I used the dermaroller, I studied my face and only saw a few teeny tiny holes in cheek of what looked like could be ice picks(Right Cheek: about 4 but very tiny, Left Cheek: none at all). After my second week I see that there are more of those tiny holes coming in and now i see them occuring on my other cheek(shallow and small but still kinda scared). My other cheek was completly clear when i started and I only dermarolled over these areas because i had a few dark spots that I wanted to get rid of. Dark spots are still there but now I'm scared, should I ever use it again?
My Routine:
1) Wash my face with a salicylic acid wipe and use proactiv gentle cleanser to wash my face.
2) Let dermaroller sit in isoproyl alcohol for 10 minutes then rinse it off with hot water.
3)roll 4-5 times each direction all over face.( no bleeding, no redness so apparently I'm doing it correctly)
4)Stick my dermaroller back into alcohol for ten mins and go ahead and wash my face with cold water.
5) i apply aveeno smart essentials vit a,e and c moisturizer.
6) After an hour I put on proactiv hydroquinone dark spot corrector.
My face is a lot smoother but I don't know whether I just noticed these little shallow dips in my face or not, but I swear it seems like my other cheek never had them and now they do. The cheek that did have them, I feel like I have more coming in. They are tiny now but what is going to happen if I dermaroll again? Please someone help, I'm crying over here!
Anyways, I have many dark spots on my forhead, IF i dermaroll over these areas, will I get pothole looking scars on my head? Please help me, because I might just quit this routine for good! Thanks ahead of time for helping!
MemberMember
(@nuby3)

Posted : 04/25/2013 9:25 pm

From my experience, I have absolutely demolished my skin with dermarollers and stamps for 6 months, and I have NEVER had a new scar from it or made any scars worse. It makes my skin way better. I roll with a 1mm and spot treat with a 1.5 stamp and I just recently started single needling with diabetic lancets. it could be that you are inspecting your skin a lot more closely now looking for the results and just never saw them before? I don't know. I know people are different. It's really hard to say without seeing your skin myself, but try to remain calm, I'm sure you are over-reacting. I've done it before too. I did a tca cross and freaked out the first few days but it turned out I had over-reacted and things turned out great. hang in there, and good luck

MemberMember
(@rooster1975)

Posted : 05/14/2013 11:23 pm

I would like to bump this thread as well, i used a derma roller awhile back it was a cheapy though. I used it for a couple months about once a week. Honestly when i first heard of it i thought man this is the answer! It just made so much sense the way it is supposed to work, i mean it causes light damage to the skin which promotes healing, it makes holes so whatever oils or lotions you use can penetrate deep into the skin. But my roller was a cheap on and the pointy needles bent so i gave up and threw it away.

But i think personally that it did help even though i only used it for 2months, my indented scars do seem a bit shallower than before. I may possibly try it again someday with a medical grade roller and l.e.d therapy. They have a l.e.d device called starlite lm i been looking at it online and it seems legit but its around 250-300 dollars. I can't understand how it could work but i have heard dermatologists use it so maybe there is something to it. Im currently using the neutragena at home microdermabrasion kit and applying castor oil to my scars at night. I also have the ole forehead lines i hope to reduce. It's a long process of trial and error but it's nice to know im not the only one fighting the good fight maybe one day we will find a remedy for all the madness lol, here's a vid of me you can see my scars and lines and maybe offer some advice? [Edited link out]

MemberMember
(@f93d)

Posted : 05/15/2013 3:46 pm

1.) What size needles were/are you using? 1.5

2.) What kind of scars were/are you treating? rolling; box; ice

3.) What topicals, if any, did/do you use before & after each treatment? Super Cop

4.) What vitamins/supplements, if any, did/do you take? no

5.) What was/is your time interval between each treatment? 2 - 8 wks

6.) What percentage (0-100%) would you put on your scar improvement? no clue. Rolling goes away nicely, icepicks got wider but shallower, new scars did form (use @ ur own risk, don't use on active acne), scars changed shape. Overall some shrunk and some got bigger (but shallower).

Recommended? Don't know, only if you have full face scarring like I do - nothing to lose.

HOW:

1.) How did/do you clean your device? one time use

2.) How often did/do you clean your device? one time use

3.) How long had/have you been doing treatment? 4 yrs

4.) How old were your scars when you first started? 19

I haven't updated in a while.

Few things I noticed for my skin:

Rolling scars almost disappear.

Boxcar scars, the ones I've rolled for probably 20 times over the last 4 years with a 1.5mm roller seemed to have reached a plateau. They flattened out and are shallower.

Icepicks - don't got these anymore.

No signs of new scars.

My new strategy:

1) Needle until face is swollen

2) Apply Super Cop x2 + Light therapy

3) 2nd and third day: suction method + Light therapy

4) wait 2 weeks

5) Needle until face is swollen

6) Apply Lactic Acid 10% + Light therapy

7) suction method + Light therapy

8) wait 2 weeks

9) repeat

10) July give needling 8 weeks break

I love jabbing needles into my face.

MemberMember
(@smile81)

Posted : 10/18/2013 11:11 am

Hi,

I'm new to acne.org I registered because I was searching online for best derma rollers to buy and found myself very overwhelmed :(

Don't know what brand to buy !!

Would you please help me ,since most of the members posted on this thread have good experience with derma roller

Which brand shall I buy ?

MemberMember
(@db12)

Posted : 10/24/2013 10:18 pm

On 4/18/2011 at 4:55 AM, SLSL said:

WHAT:

1.) What size needles were/are you using? currently experimenting w/ a 0.5..

2.) What kind of scars were/are you treating? my main purpose for purchasing a derma stamp was to fill up the box scar on my nose.

3.) What topicals, if any, did/do you use before & after each treatment? just recently ordered a white lotus scar serum.

4.) What vitamins/supplements, if any, did/do you take? vitamin c

5.) What was/is your time interval between each treatment? 1 week

6.) What percentage (0-100%) would you put on your scar improvement? no improvements yet so far ;__; in fact i think the scar got a bit deeper since before using the stamp.

HOW:

1.) How did/do you clean your device? rubbing alcohol/ hot water

2.) How often did/do you clean your device? after every use.

3.) How long had/have you been doing treatment? 3 weeks so far w/ 2 treatments.

4.) How old were your scars when you first started? about one month ?

*And last but not least, do you believe dermarolling/ dermastamping is worth it?

honestly i don't know, because of the very little successful stories for scars on the nose. if it were to be on my face it would be a whole different story.

On 4/18/2011 at 4:55 AM, SLSL said:

If you have any pictures to share, please feel free to do so.

here are pictures of my nose scar prior to any treatment

[Edited image out] [Edited image out] [Edited image out]

here is after the 2nd treatment. and 1 month later.

[Edited image out] [Edited image out] [Edited image out]

im not really too sure but before this treatment the scar was much more shallower and less dark. idk what it was but hopefully the white lotus serum will improve it a little. .__.

If you have anything else to add or have experience w/ the nose Please let me know! i don't want to mess up more than i already have.

with that being said , if you have any questions for me, feel free to ask.

MemberMember
(@macno0b)

Posted : 03/27/2014 3:54 pm

Came across this. Could someone update their progress or new members comment on their rolling experience? Thanks

MemberMember
(@u1971)

Posted : 04/04/2014 12:31 am

bump

MemberMember
(@afantastic)

Posted : 04/04/2014 5:39 am

bump

Hi marcosctb,

I have read this and have been very interested in this method of treatment. It does seem like an old thread so I made a new one with all the same questions to hopefully get a 2014 update from results long term.

Heres the link :

Lets hope we can get some questions answered. :)

aFantatastic

u1971 liked
MemberMember
(@panicjack)

Posted : 06/29/2014 11:49 am

BUMP

I really want to buy this one on ebay. I tried to bid 9 dollars but she could only offer 12 dollars lol

ZGTS Titanium Micro Needle Skin Roller 2 5mm Anti Age Acne Derma Wrinkles Scar D

I think my scars don't react with 1.5 dermaroller, I want to try something more extreme, I searched the 3 mm, but can't find

MemberMember
(@down-ina-hole44)

Posted : 12/13/2014 2:08 am

BUMP. Who else is using the dermaroller/stamp!