Notifications
Clear all

Acne Scars: Really FURIOUS, Fractora vs Infini RF.

MemberMember
(@d4m)

Posted : 05/03/2017 12:41 pm

Hello guys,

So here's my situation. About a month and a half, almost two months ago, I went to a dermatologist for my acne scars. I went in there with desire to do the Infini RF treatment, as I have a lot of mixed scars. Ice Pick, Box, Rolling. (Please please please go through my previous posts and look at my scar pictures, I have posted many of them previously) so these are my scars. In dark/dim lighting u can really see them and they're pretty bad, although they don't LOOK that bad. So here's why I'm really mad. I went in there the first time, I talked about Infini etc, and they brought up this machine they had called Fractora. So they started telling me I should do that one instead and I said well whats the difference and what do YOU think is better? And they told me you should do fractora, it's cheaper, less downtime, and its pretty much the EXACT same thing. So I said okay lets do it. So I did it, a month and a half later I definitely saw a difference in my skin quality, but almost NO difference and BARELY any improvement on my actual scars. Icepicks still there, boxcars still there, rolling still there, even the most minimally deep scars were still there. I woud expect that atleast the really small barely noticeable ones would go away or atleast show some improvement right? Well, later I found out that the Fractora only goes 1mm deep and shoots RF energy throughout needles. Meanwhile the INFINI can go all the way up to 3.5 mm deep.

So I scheduled another appointment and told her hey this time I wanna do Infini and I wanna go atleast 2.5 mm deep. So I went in there, got it done, came out and now I'm home. Well I called her and asked, hey what depth did we use and she said 40 something (she was referring to energy level) and then later I asked her okay btu how DEEP did we go mm wise. And then she said 2.5mm, but I rthink this is just becasue I asked her last time to go that deep. Well, I asked her so which one did we do today, the fractora or infini, because I didn't even see the infini device when we did it so I was kind of skeptical. Guess WHAT, she tells me she did the FRACTORA on me when I ASKED to do Inifni. So now I'm thinking she lied about 2.5mm depth because fractora only goes 1mm deep from what I've read and I'm scared that I JUST WASTED 700 BUCKS ONLY TO SEE NO SCAR IMPROVEMENT AGAIN!!!!!!!

I realyl realy really raelyl wanted to do infini idk what the heck happened and why they did fractora on me AGAIN. Can you guys PLEASE look at my scars

and tell me if I can expect any improvement from this fractora treatment?? Ive read that ice pick scars are normally 2mm deep and other scars such as box car and rolling vary from 1.5mm to 4mm so how in the hell is fractora gonna even address ANY OF THESE if it ONLY GOES 1MM DEEP?!?!?! Is this why I saw barely if ANY improvement on my scarring from last time? Improved skin is fine, but I want my SCARS TO BE GONE. And if fractora is only going 1mm deep HOW CAN IT DO ANYTHING TO MY SCARS!??!?! Im really really infuriated right now and I feel like I just wasted 700 damn bucks for no damn reason and I got screwed over really really badly.

I just want to know what u guys think about this. How much better is Infini than Fractora. Will I see any results at all with this second treatment? They did increase the energy level from 30 to 40 (whatever units thats measured in) so maybe that might help? Im not sure at all but I really really really really need some opinions here. Am I going to see improvement with this or not? I have mixed scarring like I said please take a look at my pictures, and will this second fractora treatment with 40 energy level do anything for me at all? Also she said that they used 2.5mm depth but I dont think thats true because onlien for fractora it says it only goes ONE MILLIMETER DEEP!!!! So will this 1mm 40 energy level treatment help me and my scarring at all? Im really really mad please I need some opinions here and what should I do?

If the machine still will work and give me results like Infini or at least close to Infini, I wont be mad at all because I can sleep happy knowing that my 700 bucks didnt go to waste Please let me know what you guys think, will this help my scarring at all or no? Did I really get just fed over and wasted 700 bucks for fine lines and wrinkles which is what fractora is mainly for? Im freaking 19 years old I dont have any fine liens or wrinkles thats the last of my worries. I have acne scarring, and bad scarring at that so please let me know what u guys think and if I can expect any results like Infini with this or if I really just wasted 700 bucks and should go somewhere else to do Infini next time. Thanks a lot.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 05/04/2017 5:20 am

I gave you this advice before and you decided to do Infini. You will see little to no improvement from Fractora, Scar treatments are never one and done. And frankly doctors can call the machine whatever they want to get your money. You should have seen on the machine if it said Infini, obviously if it does not, it's not Infini. Buyer beware. Secondly I see Infini doing nothing for your scars. Depth has nothing to do with treatment, ... you go too deep and guess what, your fat is gone. You need TCA Cross!

MemberMember
(@keving100)

Posted : 05/04/2017 4:41 pm

@D4M
There is also Fractora 3000 which goes 3 mm deep. Hopefully your doc use that
is this doc in New york?

D4M liked
MemberMember
(@d4m)

Posted : 05/05/2017 10:06 am

On 5/4/2017 at 6:20 AM, beautifulambition said:

I gave you this advice before and you decided to do Infini. You will see little to no improvement from Fractora, Scar treatments are never one and done. And frankly doctors can call the machine whatever they want to get your money. You should have seen on the machine if it said Infini, obviously if it does not, it's not Infini. Buyer beware. Secondly I see Infini doing nothing for your scars. Depth has nothing to do with treatment, ... you go too deep and guess what, your fat is gone. You need TCA Cross!

PostedNovember 27, 2016

1. On a scale of 1-10 (10 being the worst) how bad is the skin/scarring? Just be honest please, I need truth, honesty and reality not kindness and empathy please thanks.

Your scars are not bad (3), I have seen thousands of scars. You have surface textural issues.

2. I think I have all types of scarring, with ice pick and boxcar scars being the most prevelant and a couple rolling scars here and there, is there any hope whatsoever to rid of these scars? ESPECIALLY the ice pick/boxcar (I don't have much of rolling). What are the procedures and treatments available to treat my skin scarring (ice pick/boxcar).

You need TCA Cross for the icepicks and for rolling subcision with filler is done. Please see the faq below which is official for this site on these procedures.

3. I have heard of TCA Cross 100% being very effective in ridding ice pick scars and deep scars and regrowing collagen but I have darker than normal skin tone (probably type 4) so would this not be applicable for me? Would it cause a lot of PIH?

TCA Cross is only doing a small portion of skin at a very high percentage. You may try out a spot and see your skins reaction. I have seen darker skin types do it. You should have no issue, where you would if you did a full face peel. TCA pops up the scar, then do a appropriate textural treatment for your skin type when your all done (some lasers can be used on darker skin / and some acid peels).

4. I plan to keep on Tazorac for the next 4 months until my school is over and then I plan to hopefully do something about scarring over the summer break, so is 3 months a good enough time to make progress on my scarring?

No way, I have been treating scars for years, scars are never one and done. It will be ongoing, as the body has to heal. You will never have 100% perfect skin. Your scars are very minor with the icepics. So perhaps it may be quicker for you, but their is healing time for TCA Cross.

5. Anything/any other things/comments or whatever anyone wants to say/add please feel free to do so as any information/insight/comments will only further educate me and help me so please add whatever/anything that's applicable, I really appreciate it!

Please read the faq below

Thanks for the reply, the infini has shown a lot lot of promise for acne scarring of most types and the suggestions you made I don't think we're available at the place I had gone to so really I had three choices, infini, fractora or fractional/fraxel laser. To be honest, I was very very fed up and in disgust with all my scars I had to do something and I was very short on time at the time because of school etc so I really only had one shot at this before summer time (which is now) so I went ahead and did it. My skin definitely improved a lot in terms of overall quality and texture and it made the scars a lot less aparent and gave a much improved general appearance to my face, although the actual scars themselves didn't really change much.

What I did find though, after talking to them, is that they used the fractora because it had a 24 pin coated tip that goes 3mm deep and the Coated part of it prevents hyperpigmentaton since I'm about a type 3 type 4 skin and it did indeed go deep as 3mm+ actually and did multiple rounds/passes and different lengths/depths so I'm very very pleased knowing that. The reason I wanted to do Infini is the huge results and promises I've seen and infini and fractora were my only options and obviously now I know that fractora is indeed very similar to infini and the treatment I had gotten was almost identical so I'm very pleased right now knowing that it did indeed go 3mm deep and I didn't waste my 700 bucks.

Either way, thanks for your feedback/advice, I will update this page with pictures later after a while and I'm done healing to see comparable progress and if nothing turns out again (which I highly doubt) then I'll definitely go around and look into TCA Cross and other methods that you had mentioned. Thanks a lot.

17 hours ago, keving100 said:
@D4M
There is also Fractora 3000 which goes 3 mm deep. Hopefully your doc use that
is this doc in New york?

Hey Kevin, I had this done in Georgia and yes, after further investigation and research I did find out that it did actually go 3mm deep. So there's multiple tips on it and the one used on me and for mostly acne scars and deeper issues such as that use a 24 tip which is 3000 microns+ which translates to 3mm+ and they increased the RF energy/heat this time as well so I am very happy knowing that I didn't get a 1mm treatment and actually got what I wanted. Hopefully I'll see some results in the near future, thanks for the reply!

MemberMember
(@downinthedms)

Posted : 10/17/2017 10:50 am

Why would you keep going to the same doc after you know he's clearly only after your money?

Some people I don't get.