Notifications
Clear all

MSFSnake Cysts Indenting Condition

MemberMember
(@msfsnake)

Posted : 04/17/2017 12:36 pm

Sorry for bothering you. I wasnt sure if I should open up another thread or not. I hope you dont mind me posting this here.Feeling rather defeated as of recent. I've been getting up late because I feel so tired of cysts indenting, which is bad because of my TCA peel and no sunscreen.

Maybe you could shed some light on whats going on. I keep getting cyst acne, which goes purple and heavily indents. Im on medication from my derm, but its not doing anything from what I can see.

All my acne spots indent no matter what I do, or what I eat. I have provided photos but these are flattering, to be honest. They arent showing the indents because its quite hard to capture when you are the on taking the photos.

If you have any suggestions on how to show the full damage on my face, let me know and I will try to capture that. I tried hoovering my iPhone light above my face.

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 04/18/2017 2:30 am

@MSFSnakeNice to see your TCA peel is getting better, I hardly see any issue in the pics. I split the topic so we can deal with just this, and not the TCA.

If your are sleeping alot, this shows depression and it might be time to see someone for this (therapist) as it can help with the stresses of acne / scars.

Have they cultured them and sent to the lab, the cysts? -- " keep getting cyst acne, which goes purple and heavily indents. Im on medication from my derm, but its not doing anything from what I can see. "

What does your dermatologist say is the issue?

With a culture they can rule out other bacterial infections.

Do yo feel you need Accutane to stop the acne / cysts?

What medication is it?

Have they done full blood workup?

You could have folliculitus from the facial hair, and clogged pores.

To take the pictures use a flashlight, I need to see shadows the scars make, not bright skin. This can also be done with indirect light making shadows on the face.

MSFSnake liked
MemberMember
(@msfsnake)

Posted : 04/18/2017 6:09 pm

Thank you @beautifulambitionfor setting up this thread for me. I wasn't sure since I already made one a day before.

15 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

If your are sleeping alot, this shows depression and it might be time to see someone for this (therapist) as it can help with the stresses of acne / scars.

It's true, I do suffer from depression, which has formed due to bad skin, and various other reasons. I never considered a therapist because I always to fix things alone. However, I do need to take control of my life again. I will be looking into speaking to somebody here in the UK.

What does your dermatologist say is the issue?

While I gained benefit speaking about my issues out loud, the dermatologist didn't want to speak scars and only wanted to focus on acne, which is fair. She gave me 3 months worth of lymecycline andepiduo gel. I did poke about scar treatment and she told me to lay off TCA and dermarolling.I proceeded to ask more, the doctor mentioned she knew somebody who does lasers. With your help, I know that lasers aren't the way to go. As for tests, no blood was taken.

With a culture they can rule out other bacterial infections.

To be completely honest with you, I've tried everything to prevent scars. All types of natural and medical treatments. I keep getting them. This 3 months alone I have gained at least 9 more scars in varyingsizes. I might sound dramaticbut I really am losing hope. It's hard for me to treat scars if I keep getting random amounts of cysts.

I will try my best to take better photos and will post them soon.

Cheers for all the help!

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 04/18/2017 11:27 pm

@MSFSnake

The outward is a reflection of the internal. I think you can get free therapy there in the UK. We have even apps on smartphones in the US if you don't leave the house, there must be something like this for you. Someone face to face is better of course.
I think you need to get your acne / cysts cultured, even if you need another DR to do it. What if it's bacterial. Also blood work might be needed.
So you haven't tried Accutane, is that banned there. I was reading their are ways to get it, you just have to jump through hoops. http://www.acne.org/tetralysal-lymecycline-oral-antibiotic-reviews-1378/
I don't know that this medication is the best choice, I would look for alternatives.
No use working on scars if we cannot get the acne under control.
That's silly about pushing laser but saying lay off microneedle and TCA, they all are not effective if the acne is well active. Have you seen Professor Chu, hes in the UK.
Does your doctor or anyone nearby do ... The newesttreatment is called Photodynamic therapy (PDT) which uses a medication which is absorbed by the bacteria and oil glands in the skin, and a light source (blue led) to activate the medication closing the pore after several treatments. Intense pulsed light that is used for photofacials can also be used to do a PDL type treatment byactivatingthese medications.
MemberMember
(@msfsnake)

Posted : 04/21/2017 8:08 pm

@beautifulambitionI apologize for getting back so late.

On 4/19/2017 at 5:27 AM, beautifulambition said:

The outward is a reflection of the internal. I think you can get free therapy there in the UK. We have even apps on smartphones in the US if you don't leave the house, there must be something like this for you. Someone face to face is better of course.

I completelyagree. I have been researching therapy here in the UK and will be in touch with somebody soon with some luck. Thank you for suggesting this.

I think you need to get your acne / cysts cultured, even if you need another DR to do it. What if it's bacterial. Also blood work might be needed.

I didn't know this was possible. I explained everything in great detail about my situation to the doctor and was given tablets. They haven't been helping. Luckily I am due for another appointment in a month or two, so I can ask more about this when I see the doctor. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. My situationdoesn't seem normal, so something must be happening.

So you haven't tried Accutane, is that banned there. I was reading their are ways to get it, you just have to jump through hoops. http://www.acne.org/tetralysal-lymecycline-oral-antibiotic-reviews-1378/
I don't know that this medication is the best choice, I would look for alternatives.

I believe it's banned here. Or at least frowned upon. Again I will have to quiz my doctor when I see her in a month or two. Have you taken it? I've heard about some nasty effects.

Have you seen Professor Chu, hes in the UK.

I heard about Doctor Chu! He's in London. Quite a distance from me but with some luck, I hope to have a good job soon. If that happens I can put money to one side for him. I don't have much faith in my doctor, which isn't a nice thing to say but I don't agree with lasers.

Photodynamic therapy (PDT)

I haven't but I will be looking into this. Is it useful against indented scars?

@beautifulambitionI can't thank you enough for your help. I know its just text on a forum but I really feel like there's no hope. Speaking alone helps with the situation, so thank you.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 04/22/2017 6:13 am

@MSFSnakeI've taken accutane, and it did help. They may not consider your acne severe enough. It could be folliculitus on a hair follicle, again I would culture the spot.

Sadly there don't seem to be many good aesthetic doctors in the UK

Photodynamic therapy (PDT) - is not for scars, its for acne or large pores, a good alternative to accutane for some. I don't see major scars, I think tca peels and microneedling would work well for you, if your not using a cream at the same time ;-P Also you need to figure out what those spots are because bacteria and treatments don't mix well.

MemberMember
(@brawn)

Posted : 04/24/2017 4:34 am

According to acne guidelines,

even though the acne looks mild, once it starts scarring, Accutane is indicated for the condition

Accutane may cause premature closure of growth plates, so i wouldn't recommend it to anyone under 25

Accutane may affect the healing of skin, so do not do any skin procedures while on it (unless you are on very low or low dose accutane)

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 04/24/2017 7:38 am

@BrawnNew studies do not show this at all, same thing with depression it supposedly caused. That is old data. Most doctors now do low dosage accutane 20mg a day or the have patients skip days as needed or take off a few weeks before and after treatments. Of course laser cannot be done like this because of it's mechanism of energy delivery. Also premature closing of growth plates is a bit of a cause and effect situation don't you think, if they don't take accutane, then they scar and look 10 years older or have issues to deal with which far outway any benefits of growth plates. Dermatology today has hundreds of articles on Accutane debugging original myths and FDA scare tactics. The biggest issue was females who got pregnant while on it and deformity, also taking multi simultaneous medications. A acne vaccine is 5-10 years off but will only be offered to children sadly.

MemberMember
(@msfsnake)

Posted : 04/27/2017 6:59 pm

@beautifulambitionI will have to ask for sure when I see my doctor. I am on my last box oflymecycline, so that means it will be soon! I need to do something because I had a big cyst in my headline on my left temple, and it's left a massive indent of a 20p coin. Super upsetting. Doubt that will go until a long time :'(

I haven't been able to post recently but I will stick around on the board, as it helps me focus. Thanks for all the help!

MemberMember
(@msfsnake)

Posted : 05/12/2017 7:57 pm

@beautifulambition Sorry for bothering you again. I have a bit of an odd question. I have posted high-quality photos and my face looks great. In the photo, you can see on my left cheek a very indented scar. My face is covered in these. I can see them. I tried several times to show you with pictures but to no success. 

I know I have scars. I took these photos in natural light like most people would view me. Is this what I would look like to most people? I know it's hard to answer because you don't know me in person but I was hoping you could share a similar experience? Have you tried taking photos but can't quite capture them? Do you question what other people see? 

Thanks in advance :) 

1.png

2.png

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 05/13/2017 8:38 am

I don't see your face covered in scars?

You always use a flashlight to show scars, not direct sunlight. Scars make shadows.

I see one spot, if it's indented then you need subcision. To me it just looks hiperpigmented.

I think you have a forum of BDD, Body Dysmophia, we discussed therapy before. I don't see scars, you are being overly critical of your skin. I don't think most people notice them if I have not been able to see them in the multiple pics you posted.

Why would I question what others see, then I would be manipulating them to get a repose I wanted. We our the worst critic. Girls fat themselves with models who never eat from magazines and are airbrushed, so you have bought into this perfection thing. Your skin is not that bad, unless you can show me differently. Even then you can treat it.