Tetralysal Lymecycline Oral Antibiotic reviews

Brand: Tetralysal

Lymecycline.

Other Ingredients:
Magnesium Stearate and Colloidal Hydrated Silica, Gelatin, titanium dioxide (E171), erythrosine (E127), quinoline yellow (E104) and indigotine (E132).

Tetralysal Lymecycline Oral Antibiotic

Be patient and this will work!!
Reviewed on July 24, 2016

I have been taking Lymecycline for 6 months and I am finally happy with my skin. My advice for anybody starting out on this antibiotic would be to stick with it! The acne on my back and chest cleared within one month but I didn't start seeing noticeable results on my face for about 4/5 months. The best thing about this was that I experienced 0 side effects and had no initial breakout.

A bit about my experiences with acne and what I've learnt:

Age: I'm a 23 year old male and I didn't start getting spots until I was about 17.

Problem areas: Over the last six years I always had 6/7 BAD spots on my chin. My forehead was always clear and my cheeks were mild.

Skin products: DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY! I would say over the last 6 years I've spent at least £1,000 on various cleansers, toners, 3 step programmes, exfoliators etc. All these did was aggravate my skin. I've learnt that less is more (I use a mild cleanser with aloe vera in the shower every day and then a little bit of Cetaphil moisturiser).

Skin treatments: Again I wasted money on glycolic peels at Sk:n and these had no effect. I also tried acupuncture when I was desperate and this (obviously) did nothing.

Topical antibiotics: These can actually be pretty good but I find that your skin becomes immune to their effects. A few years ago I used Epiduo (benzoyl peroxide) and although it caused my face to become red and flaky if I overused it, it did clear up my skin quite well. After six months it stopped having any effect. If I get any spots now I apply a small amount of Differin cream (Adapalene) and this seems to speed up the process.

Picking spots: If you can avoid picking spots then I recommend leaving them alone. I find that if you try force a spot too early then it will just end up growing back the next day. I know its horrible to walk around with a huge white head on your face but if you let it naturally come to the surface then it should break on it's own in the shower and then heal immediately.

Diet: This is something I'm still not sure about. Again I wasted money (sigh) seeing a nutritionist who put me on a healthy diet plan including 12 vitamins a day but after 3 months I saw no change. However, I suspect that anything sweet or sugary can trigger my acne to flare up but it's hard to be 100% sure.

Roaccutane: I took this for 4 months when I was 19 and I was completely clear after about 6 weeks. However the dryness was ridiculous (cracked lips, flaky hands, nose bleeds, sore scalp, itchy eyes) and so I didn't want to do it a second time. With regards to depression, the rumours about it's effects caused me to feel anxious. I'm sure if I never read any news stories about it then I wouldn't have even considered it but this was always something that worried me. If you have severe acne I would still recommend Roaccutane as it works wonders but don't make the same mistake I did and come off of it as soon as your skin clears up as it will just come back.

For anybody suffering with acne I know how frustrating it is. I missed out on so many opportunities and made excuses for not attending parties/gatherings/dates etc because I didn't want to socialise with bad spots on my face. For years the first thing I would do upon waking up would be to look in the mirror and groan about the state of my face. It’s so great now to just do whatever I want every day and not plan my life around when my skin is good or bad. I’m going to keep taking Lymecycline for the forseeable future until I feel that my skin can manage on it’s own. For me oral antibiotics is the only way to clear your skin. Just be patient and keep the faith!

This didn't do anything
Reviewed on July 20, 2016

I think I took it for about 3 months and for the first couple of week my redness reduced. The rest of the time my skin was back to before. I guess my body just got used to the antibiotics very quickly, but I can honestly say this didn't do anything to improve my cystic acne.

Awful
Reviewed on June 12, 2016

I was on Oxytetracycline for a good few months along with differin cream after suffering from severe cystic acne. It did clear up my acne but I suffered a pretty bad breakout in recent months and I thought it was possibly my body developing a tolerance to the antibiotics. In hindsight, the breakout was nothing to have worried about. After speaking my my GP he prescribed me Lymecycline, a move I wish I had never made.

The antibiotics I had to take were in capsule form, which I really hate. They were very difficult to swallow and they had a horrible smell which only made trying to swallow them even worse. I ended up boking and being sick, not a great start. I also got the unfortunate side effects of an upset stomach from taking it and I was burping excessively which had the after taste of the capsule, it was vile.

I tried to stick with it in the hope that it would kick in soon. In the months that I was taking it, my skin was horrendous. I had too many whiteheads to count, the cysts were returning and my skin was the oiliest it's ever been. My skin just felt constantly filthy. I looked terrible, felt terrible and my depression was only exacerbated by this. I was desperate to get back to Oxytetracycline and I was kicking myself for ever changing it in the first place.

I was at first going to have to wait a month for another GP appointment, at which I was in despair at the thought of what my skin might be like after that time, but I managed to get a phone consultation and my doctor was happy to change the prescription there and then. I am only a week into being back on my old antibiotics and my skin is clearing up nicely and is healing.

I wish I had never bothered with Lymecycline, it was a horrible experience that I hope I don't have to repeat again. Because of this I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

by EmilyLouise on 08/15/2016 13:46
I'm on them now and I do agree they have a horrible smell. They smell really cheesy!
Never worked for me
Reviewed on May 21, 2016

Been on these twice in my life. When I was 12 to 14 and also 2015 when I was 23 - the second time it made everything worse.

Helped somewhat, but never cleared my spots completely
Reviewed on April 29, 2016

I took lymecycline for over a year and a half and it really seemed like it was working, but the effects were limited. I used to be prone to spots on my back and chest and pretty much immediately it cleared those up, but, as for my face, it only helped minimally. I'd still get many spots, just less rash-like than I did initially. It did, by no means, clear up my skin, at all. I only perceived with it because it made my skin slightly bearable whilst I was on it. Furthermore, pretty much immediately after I stopped taking it my skin flared up as bad as ever, so it certainly did nothing to cure my ailment... However, if you're looking for an oral medication that will do all of that and more, with some minimal side effects, I urge you to try roaccutane, it's saved my life!!

Great but doesn't cure acne indefinitely
Reviewed on April 23, 2016

I am 30 and have had clear skin throughout my teenage years, developed adult acne about 3 years ago. Been on lymecycline for second course and back to square one. The antibiotics were great and my face improved within a month of religiously taking them, my skin was smoother and old acne scars were healing quicker. After 6 months of taking them my dermatologist advised to stop taking as I was thinking of starting a family. She's given me a 2 month cool-off period to see if acne relapses and within a week of stopping I've had 4 big cystic ones on my right cheek and along my jaw/chin area. They're so painful as well and doesn't produce a head. I have a follow-up appointment with my dermatologist this Tuesday and I'm so tempted to start Accutane and let family planning take a backseat. I rather have clear skin throughout my pregnancy and hopefully for life rather than suffering with them and feeling awful!

No use at all for acne
Reviewed on April 19, 2016

I took this for acne for a year, it did nothing at all but they made me persevere. Now on Roacutanne/Isotretonoin and its BRILLIANT!!

Great at first.
Reviewed on April 16, 2016

After suffering since high school I started taking Tetralysal for my acne when I was 20, after a month or two this treatment worked wonders for my skin and by month five I had even gained enough confidence to go out without wearing any makeup (something that I hadn't done since I was 15). Towards the end of the sixth month I had started to notice the odd spot cropping up, but it was nothing in comparison to what I had dealt with before, so I put it down to stress and just carried on with the treatment. Then following advice from my nurse I stopped the treatment, in the hope that my skin would stay how it was. Sadly a month later my acne had come back with vengeance and in places that I hadn't had it before, I went back onto Tetralysal for another two months but my skin continued to get worse so I made the decision to stop taking it again. A year after starting to take this antibiotic I am back to square one, if anything my acne is worse now. This was a great temporary fix for me, but the effects were not long lasting. Hopefully I find a solution soon as I have completely lost my confidence again.

Scared n annoyed face a lot worse
Reviewed on March 17, 2016

Face going really sore and dry acne getting worse starting really worry now face awful still got two weeks left them but I'm in pain going ring doctor TMZ I given these tablets 1 outta 5 so far .. as now face all over place n super red sore dry n really bad this what supose happen only got 3weeks left n all seeing face getting worse n dry acne going everywhere

Has worked wonders for my never ending acne Rosacea.
Reviewed on February 10, 2016

Apologies for the long review! Like some other reviewers I live in the Uk and have recently been prescribed lymecycline. Historically I have suffered acne since teens (I am now 32) and took a course of accutane at age 17 which wasn't pleasant (my skin flaked off in layers, so embarrassing!) but ultimately worked brilliantly. Tried chemical peels and laser which gave a nice taut celebrity glow, but didn't seem to address the acne. Long term Oxytetracycline acted only to mask the problem and would return immediately after finishing a course. In my 20's, whilst on birth control (Yasmin) my skin was borderline 'ok'. However after progressive worsening side effects on the pill (terrible migraines, personality alterations and a high risk of stroke) I gave these up and my acne returned - an insidious creeping rosacea type acne with painful watery pus under the skin, almost as if it was infected, rather than boils. My first GP diagnosed infected eczema, my 2nd acne. A skin clinician finally said acne rosacea as I'm slightly red headed. Apparently that's a factor. Several months after I gave birth I am on the above antibiotics and within a couple of weeks it has worked a treat on the inflammation - I finally have clear skin again after years of weeping messy areas on my face. Have to admit the side effects for me are nausea and dizzy episodes - naively I didn't expect any - so now I take the tablet at night, with food rather than in the morning. Who knows how long it will last, but making up a clear face where you can appreciate your features and not undertake a mission in camouflage is a novelty that will never wear off!!! I am over the moon!!!