Tetralysal Lymecycline Oral Antibiotic reviews

Brand: Tetralysal

Lymecycline.

Other Ingredients:
Magnesium Stearate and Colloidal Hydrated Silica, Gelatin, titanium dioxide (E171), erythrosine (E127), quinoline yellow (E104) and indigotine (E132).

tetra lies to you
Reviewed on November 11, 2016

I am going to be honest with you , this product works temporarily because you are using it with a face wash and a treatment cream ,so basically you have to figure out which one is making it better and which one is making it worse , treat your acne inside by lots of water healthy fresh foods and rather use the facial products which is less harmful to your body

Great for acne
Reviewed on November 3, 2016

I've been taking this about four weeks and my breakouts stopped, but the red marks are not fading, which is my biggest problem.

I hope the antibiotics do treat the inflamed marks, but there's still plenty of time to see if they are good at eliminating them.

But as far as the acne is concerned, I strongly recommend Lymecycline as it's great at removing spots.

does okay for a 13 year old with acne
Reviewed on November 1, 2016

hi there, 4 weeks ago i went to my local doctors for a prescription for acne ( i used to have duac ream but i stopped using it as it made my skin flaky and dry) lucklily my doctor gave me pills this time. I was so happy that there was something i could use to treat my acne that is approved my doctors as i have used nearly every treatment in the acne isle to treat my acne and nothing as worked, ive used sudocream,face scrubs,face masks,daily wash,home made remedies,spot gels,anti bacterial soap,sun cream,duac,spot cream and none of them worked the slightest. So the doctors prescribes me tetralysal 300 (thats was it called in the uk but i think its got a different name in america lymecyline or sommin) and omg it was amazing i instatley noticed smooter skin and i would get less breakout and my face wasent as red , but i would say it takes itstime to work. Im currently on my fourth week of taking it and all my friends have noticed that my face has dramitacally changed but im currently waiting for the scars to go which im using sudocream and bio oil to deal wit scars. ps anyone notice that tetrelysal tastes of corn lol????

nice
Reviewed on October 28, 2016

Taking it in conjunction with azelaic acid. Not sure what if it's this or the azelaic acid that's improving my skin... maybe both. But my skin in just 2 weeks has had no breakouts and my hyperpigmentation is fading. Yay!

Be patient and this will work!!
Reviewed on July 24, 2016

I have been taking Lymecycline for 6 months and I am finally happy with my skin. My advice for anybody starting out on this antibiotic would be to stick with it! The acne on my back and chest cleared within one month but I didn't start seeing noticeable results on my face for about 4/5 months. The best thing about this was that I experienced 0 side effects and had no initial breakout.

A bit about my experiences with acne and what I've learnt:

Age: I'm a 23 year old male and I didn't start getting spots until I was about 17.

Problem areas: Over the last six years I always had 6/7 BAD spots on my chin. My forehead was always clear and my cheeks were mild.

Skin products: DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY! I would say over the last 6 years I've spent at least £1,000 on various cleansers, toners, 3 step programmes, exfoliators etc. All these did was aggravate my skin. I've learnt that less is more (I use a mild cleanser with aloe vera in the shower every day and then a little bit of Cetaphil moisturiser).

Skin treatments: Again I wasted money on glycolic peels at Sk:n and these had no effect. I also tried acupuncture when I was desperate and this (obviously) did nothing.

Topical antibiotics: These can actually be pretty good but I find that your skin becomes immune to their effects. A few years ago I used Epiduo (benzoyl peroxide) and although it caused my face to become red and flaky if I overused it, it did clear up my skin quite well. After six months it stopped having any effect. If I get any spots now I apply a small amount of Differin cream (Adapalene) and this seems to speed up the process.

Picking spots: If you can avoid picking spots then I recommend leaving them alone. I find that if you try force a spot too early then it will just end up growing back the next day. I know its horrible to walk around with a huge white head on your face but if you let it naturally come to the surface then it should break on it's own in the shower and then heal immediately.

Diet: This is something I'm still not sure about. Again I wasted money (sigh) seeing a nutritionist who put me on a healthy diet plan including 12 vitamins a day but after 3 months I saw no change. However, I suspect that anything sweet or sugary can trigger my acne to flare up but it's hard to be 100% sure.

Roaccutane: I took this for 4 months when I was 19 and I was completely clear after about 6 weeks. However the dryness was ridiculous (cracked lips, flaky hands, nose bleeds, sore scalp, itchy eyes) and so I didn't want to do it a second time. With regards to depression, the rumours about it's effects caused me to feel anxious. I'm sure if I never read any news stories about it then I wouldn't have even considered it but this was always something that worried me. If you have severe acne I would still recommend Roaccutane as it works wonders but don't make the same mistake I did and come off of it as soon as your skin clears up as it will just come back.

For anybody suffering with acne I know how frustrating it is. I missed out on so many opportunities and made excuses for not attending parties/gatherings/dates etc because I didn't want to socialise with bad spots on my face. For years the first thing I would do upon waking up would be to look in the mirror and groan about the state of my face. It’s so great now to just do whatever I want every day and not plan my life around when my skin is good or bad. I’m going to keep taking Lymecycline for the forseeable future until I feel that my skin can manage on it’s own. For me oral antibiotics is the only way to clear your skin. Just be patient and keep the faith!

by As123 on 10/26/2016 21:29
Did it clear inflammation too?
This didn't do anything
Reviewed on July 20, 2016

I think I took it for about 3 months and for the first couple of week my redness reduced. The rest of the time my skin was back to before. I guess my body just got used to the antibiotics very quickly, but I can honestly say this didn't do anything to improve my cystic acne.

Awful
Reviewed on June 12, 2016

I was on Oxytetracycline for a good few months along with differin cream after suffering from severe cystic acne. It did clear up my acne but I suffered a pretty bad breakout in recent months and I thought it was possibly my body developing a tolerance to the antibiotics. In hindsight, the breakout was nothing to have worried about. After speaking my my GP he prescribed me Lymecycline, a move I wish I had never made.

The antibiotics I had to take were in capsule form, which I really hate. They were very difficult to swallow and they had a horrible smell which only made trying to swallow them even worse. I ended up boking and being sick, not a great start. I also got the unfortunate side effects of an upset stomach from taking it and I was burping excessively which had the after taste of the capsule, it was vile.

I tried to stick with it in the hope that it would kick in soon. In the months that I was taking it, my skin was horrendous. I had too many whiteheads to count, the cysts were returning and my skin was the oiliest it's ever been. My skin just felt constantly filthy. I looked terrible, felt terrible and my depression was only exacerbated by this. I was desperate to get back to Oxytetracycline and I was kicking myself for ever changing it in the first place.

I was at first going to have to wait a month for another GP appointment, at which I was in despair at the thought of what my skin might be like after that time, but I managed to get a phone consultation and my doctor was happy to change the prescription there and then. I am only a week into being back on my old antibiotics and my skin is clearing up nicely and is healing.

I wish I had never bothered with Lymecycline, it was a horrible experience that I hope I don't have to repeat again. Because of this I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

by EmilyLouise on 08/15/2016 13:46
I'm on them now and I do agree they have a horrible smell. They smell really cheesy!
Never worked for me
Reviewed on May 21, 2016

Been on these twice in my life. When I was 12 to 14 and also 2015 when I was 23 - the second time it made everything worse.

Helped somewhat, but never cleared my spots completely
Reviewed on April 29, 2016

I took lymecycline for over a year and a half and it really seemed like it was working, but the effects were limited. I used to be prone to spots on my back and chest and pretty much immediately it cleared those up, but, as for my face, it only helped minimally. I'd still get many spots, just less rash-like than I did initially. It did, by no means, clear up my skin, at all. I only perceived with it because it made my skin slightly bearable whilst I was on it. Furthermore, pretty much immediately after I stopped taking it my skin flared up as bad as ever, so it certainly did nothing to cure my ailment... However, if you're looking for an oral medication that will do all of that and more, with some minimal side effects, I urge you to try roaccutane, it's saved my life!!

Great but doesn't cure acne indefinitely
Reviewed on April 23, 2016

I am 30 and have had clear skin throughout my teenage years, developed adult acne about 3 years ago. Been on lymecycline for second course and back to square one. The antibiotics were great and my face improved within a month of religiously taking them, my skin was smoother and old acne scars were healing quicker. After 6 months of taking them my dermatologist advised to stop taking as I was thinking of starting a family. She's given me a 2 month cool-off period to see if acne relapses and within a week of stopping I've had 4 big cystic ones on my right cheek and along my jaw/chin area. They're so painful as well and doesn't produce a head. I have a follow-up appointment with my dermatologist this Tuesday and I'm so tempted to start Accutane and let family planning take a backseat. I rather have clear skin throughout my pregnancy and hopefully for life rather than suffering with them and feeling awful!