Tetralysal Lymecycline Oral Antibiotic reviews

Brand: Tetralysal

Lymecycline.

Other Ingredients:
Magnesium Stearate and Colloidal Hydrated Silica, Gelatin, titanium dioxide (E171), erythrosine (E127), quinoline yellow (E104) and indigotine (E132).

Tetralysal Lymecycline Oral Antibiotic

Helped somewhat, but never cleared my spots completely
Reviewed on April 29, 2016

I took lymecycline for over a year and a half and it really seemed like it was working, but the effects were limited. I used to be prone to spots on my back and chest and pretty much immediately it cleared those up, but, as for my face, it only helped minimally. I'd still get many spots, just less rash-like than I did initially. It did, by no means, clear up my skin, at all. I only perceived with it because it made my skin slightly bearable whilst I was on it. Furthermore, pretty much immediately after I stopped taking it my skin flared up as bad as ever, so it certainly did nothing to cure my ailment... However, if you're looking for an oral medication that will do all of that and more, with some minimal side effects, I urge you to try roaccutane, it's saved my life!!

Great but doesn't cure acne indefinitely
Reviewed on April 23, 2016

I am 30 and have had clear skin throughout my teenage years, developed adult acne about 3 years ago. Been on lymecycline for second course and back to square one. The antibiotics were great and my face improved within a month of religiously taking them, my skin was smoother and old acne scars were healing quicker. After 6 months of taking them my dermatologist advised to stop taking as I was thinking of starting a family. She's given me a 2 month cool-off period to see if acne relapses and within a week of stopping I've had 4 big cystic ones on my right cheek and along my jaw/chin area. They're so painful as well and doesn't produce a head. I have a follow-up appointment with my dermatologist this Tuesday and I'm so tempted to start Accutane and let family planning take a backseat. I rather have clear skin throughout my pregnancy and hopefully for life rather than suffering with them and feeling awful!

No use at all for acne
Reviewed on April 19, 2016

I took this for acne for a year, it did nothing at all but they made me persevere. Now on Roacutanne/Isotretonoin and its BRILLIANT!!

Great at first.
Reviewed on April 16, 2016

After suffering since high school I started taking Tetralysal for my acne when I was 20, after a month or two this treatment worked wonders for my skin and by month five I had even gained enough confidence to go out without wearing any makeup (something that I hadn't done since I was 15). Towards the end of the sixth month I had started to notice the odd spot cropping up, but it was nothing in comparison to what I had dealt with before, so I put it down to stress and just carried on with the treatment. Then following advice from my nurse I stopped the treatment, in the hope that my skin would stay how it was. Sadly a month later my acne had come back with vengeance and in places that I hadn't had it before, I went back onto Tetralysal for another two months but my skin continued to get worse so I made the decision to stop taking it again. A year after starting to take this antibiotic I am back to square one, if anything my acne is worse now. This was a great temporary fix for me, but the effects were not long lasting. Hopefully I find a solution soon as I have completely lost my confidence again.

Scared n annoyed face a lot worse
Reviewed on March 17, 2016

Face going really sore and dry acne getting worse starting really worry now face awful still got two weeks left them but I'm in pain going ring doctor TMZ I given these tablets 1 outta 5 so far .. as now face all over place n super red sore dry n really bad this what supose happen only got 3weeks left n all seeing face getting worse n dry acne going everywhere

Has worked wonders for my never ending acne Rosacea.
Reviewed on February 10, 2016

Apologies for the long review! Like some other reviewers I live in the Uk and have recently been prescribed lymecycline. Historically I have suffered acne since teens (I am now 32) and took a course of accutane at age 17 which wasn't pleasant (my skin flaked off in layers, so embarrassing!) but ultimately worked brilliantly. Tried chemical peels and laser which gave a nice taut celebrity glow, but didn't seem to address the acne. Long term Oxytetracycline acted only to mask the problem and would return immediately after finishing a course. In my 20's, whilst on birth control (Yasmin) my skin was borderline 'ok'. However after progressive worsening side effects on the pill (terrible migraines, personality alterations and a high risk of stroke) I gave these up and my acne returned - an insidious creeping rosacea type acne with painful watery pus under the skin, almost as if it was infected, rather than boils. My first GP diagnosed infected eczema, my 2nd acne. A skin clinician finally said acne rosacea as I'm slightly red headed. Apparently that's a factor. Several months after I gave birth I am on the above antibiotics and within a couple of weeks it has worked a treat on the inflammation - I finally have clear skin again after years of weeping messy areas on my face. Have to admit the side effects for me are nausea and dizzy episodes - naively I didn't expect any - so now I take the tablet at night, with food rather than in the morning. Who knows how long it will last, but making up a clear face where you can appreciate your features and not undertake a mission in camouflage is a novelty that will never wear off!!! I am over the moon!!!

Temporary solution but overall no point
Reviewed on January 14, 2016

After 6 months, skin was clear, stayed like that for 3 months, then back to where I started. But now, my body is immune to this antibiotic, and it's unlikely that is its only long term impact. If you are iffy about this - it is pointless, try accutane first or just some stronger antibiotic.

Bad
Reviewed on December 26, 2015

When I first starting taking Lymecycline I had bad side effects, which included nausea and diarrhoea. I started questioning whether the severity of side effects were worth it. I've been taking Lymecycline for around 7 months now, at first after around 2 months my acne began to clear, my acne has never been too bad. However, they did not stay away for long and never went completely. My acne then came back aggressively and is now very sore and much worse then they use to be. I now get them on my back, quite badly and I've only ever had the odd one or two there. In my opinion lymecycline is not an effective acne treatment, as your body and immune system seems to familiarise itself with the antibiotic and stops it working. Now I'm left feeling even more conscious of my skin.

good
Reviewed on December 7, 2015

worked well for 6 months and from then on slightly ineffective. worth a try!

Nothing for face, maybe for body?
Reviewed on September 18, 2015

I did not use this particular brand (I live in the UK and was simply prescribed Lymecycline) but I would like to leave a review. I have mild acne which looks worse than it is, and I found that this did nothing for it. I didn't notice any improvement on my face, however, I had a couple of spots here and there on my back and chest, and this cleared them up slightly, so perhaps this would be good for someone looking to clear their body.