Tetralysal Lymecycline Oral Antibiotic reviews

Brand: Tetralysal

Lymecycline.

Other Ingredients:
Magnesium Stearate and Colloidal Hydrated Silica, Gelatin, titanium dioxide (E171), erythrosine (E127), quinoline yellow (E104) and indigotine (E132).

STICK WITH IT
Reviewed on March 5, 2015

All I can stress is stick with it!

I suffer from acne and as I develop more my skin is getting worse. I was prescribed these and for the first 3 months nothing changed which I reported to my dermatologist and then it started kicking in. My skin is a lot better (although I do use a topical cream) but I still suffer. I have been on prescribed medication since I was 10/12, and before that I used Holland and Barretts Evening Primrose Oil, but this is the best thing I've tried.

Stick with it!!!
Reviewed on February 28, 2015

I cannot stress enough how much you need to stick with this product. Had horrible acne, started the tablets back in July and my skin didn't start to clear up till October/November!! At first actually made my skin worse, almost unbearable to the point where I didn't want to take the tablets anymore, but have gone from having severe acne to clear skin (get about one spot a month now) to clear, scar free skin. Seriously, keep taking the tablets and they'lll (hopefully) sort your skin out!!

Nausea and Lymecycline
Reviewed on February 15, 2015

Been taking Lymecycline for about a week, I've had acne on and off for the last ten years (now 22) and it recently got very bad due to stress and despite feeling better in myself the acne has stayed. I have terrible red scarring all across my cheeks, jawline and forehead. Over the last ten years you can imagine I have tried everything from zinc to birth control, salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide, witch hazel, everything in Boots (UK), natural remedies, the list is endless. I went to my GP and she put me on a two month course of Lymecycline (one a day). I have been taking them about a week and have had quite bad acid reflux and nausea, anyone else had this issue? I haven't had a break out since taking it (although I recently changed my face regime so it could be a combination) but the sickness feeling for two months is looking quite tough. Thinking of starting Retin A for the scarring too as it's available over the counter in Spain (I live between Spain and London), has it worked for any of you?

More spots
Reviewed on February 3, 2015

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can give me any hope for the Lymecycline, I have been on it for 4 weeks now for mild acne. Just over a week now I have really bad spots come up on my chest, neck and shoulders which I never suffered with this severe. My face hasn't improved if anything got slightly worse. The Dr has just said persevere with it! I'm regretting going on these tablets as I was hoping they would either work or not work not make me a lot worse! Can anyone tell me if they've suffered in the same way and what have you done? What would happen if I decided to stop taking them would the chances of the new spots going be slim? Look forward to some advice.

by wants98 on 02/28/2015 21:02
I suffered in the same way! My skin got worse for 2 months and it was horrible, actually gave me worse spots than before the tablets - but after about 2 months my skin started to clear up :) Hope this helps
great so far!
Reviewed on January 8, 2015

I don't have severe acne at all, but have always had at least half a dozen spots on my face at a time. Recently my spots had been becoming more deep and painful, so I got prescribed lymecycline capsules (UK) by my GP. I've only been taking them for ten days and I've only had one new spot in the last week! I do admit I have been touching my face a lot less and being more gentle, but I really believe this has had a part to play. My forehead used to be covered in small bumps in addition to spots and these have also completely gone. I'd definitely recommend to people who have similar skin to me!

pff
Reviewed on January 7, 2015

I've been on Tetralysal for 3 months now, the first two months my doc gave me a double dosage so I had to take 2 pills a day for 56 days. Nothing changed, literally, nothing. My lips are dry as hell, they always are pretty dry but the corners of my mouth have ripped and the skin is shedding of my lips because they are so dry so I just apply a lot of hydrating lip balm. For my skin, nothing has changed.. At first the 'rashy' acne on my forehead disappeared for a while but now that I'm on a normal dosage, it's back. I don't like the fact that I take antibiotics every day and the fact that they do nothing makes it even worse.

Worked So Well
Reviewed on December 24, 2014

I have been on this drug now for 5 months and it has worked wonders! I used to have moderate/severe acne especially on my cheeks and chin, now my face is virtually clear all of the time with just the occasional spot. It took a while before it really kicked in but since then I have had amazing results. The only problems I have had are bad bloating and quite dry skin but with the results it has given me it's a small price to pay! I would urge anyone who suffers with acne to go to their doctor and try this drug, although it doesn't work for everyone it has done a great job for me and it might for you too.

Loved it
Reviewed on November 25, 2014

Was on this antibiotic for around 6 months, my acne was completely gone! Had no unbearable side effect but sometimes felt a little nausea but nothing to bad. Been off it for two months now until I was put on the combined pill microgynon for having very irregular periods. One week taking this my acne has suddenly flared up all over my chin (where was my prime area before hand). I have been too the doctors today and am coming off this pill and going to start taking tetralysal again and I am preying that it will work wonders again! Has anyone that has tried it again had any hope? and how long did it take

Worked for me
Reviewed on October 18, 2014

I started taking this antibiotic over 4 years ago, after having a terrible breakout. I have been suffering with acne on and off since I was 13 (i'm now 29). I have tried everything, creams, diet, Vit D, ZINC, Dianette (which made me depressed), facials and talking therapy (but reluctant to try accutane, due to terrible side effects). So yeah, 4 years i've been taking Tetralysal on and off and it helped me hugely... I was having 5 new spots per day before taking it and within 2 weeks I was only having 1 new spot a week. Everytime I tried to come off the drug, within 5 days my acne would come back.

Sadly, I think I may have built up a resistance to the drug because I am almost back to the skin I had before starting Tetralysal, having done a lot of research online it would appear that there is no real cure for acne sufferers, but many treatments and I suppose it's a case of finding out what works for you!? I am going to go back to my Doctor this week and perhaps go down the line of trying a new antibiotic, as I know the Tetralysal worked so well for me. I am not keen on taking antibiotics if i'm completely honest, but I haven't had any side effects as yet... apart from becoming resistant. Good luck people.

Just doesn't do anything!
Reviewed on September 26, 2014

Took this antibiotic for four months, and never reduced my breakouts. However, this is probably due to the fact i'm 99.9% certain mine is fully hormonal, so therefore if your acne is bacterial it may work for you! I am now proceeding with Dianette the contraceptive pill. But please, if your female and your breakouts are hormonally linked don't waste your time with this antibiotic