Tetralysal Lymecycline Oral Antibiotic reviews

3.1/5 - 59 reviews

Brand: Tetralysal

Lymecycline.

Other Ingredients:
Magnesium Stearate and Colloidal Hydrated Silica, Gelatin, titanium dioxide (E171), erythrosine (E127), quinoline yellow (E104) and indigotine (E132).

Tetralysal Lymecycline Oral Antibiotic

Worked for a while, then broke out like crazy
Reviewed on August 16, 2015

I started taking lymecycline around January for 5 months and after a few weeks my skin was so clear, I only had one or two spots and they were no where near as severe as they used to be. However, around the end of March my spots all came back and they were even worse than before and on places of my face that I never used to get them, so I stopped taking them a few weeks after my spots returned because they clearly had no effect now.

by aaronjoee on 08/27/2015 22:32
I have a very similar case to you.. I'm 4 months through my 6 month treatment and after having amazingly clear skin i've been breaking out real bad over the past week. :(
Works well combined with healthy lifestyle (If you stick with it)
Reviewed on August 3, 2015

I've been on these back and forth over a year now (which you shouldnt, you must stick with the treatment from beginning to end)

It works well for me, after only a couple of days i stop to get yellow "pore clugs" and it is getting better slowly but steady.

However when my prescription had ended last time the crap came back, Almost worse than before.

Probably because of poor diet etc.

It works different for everyone but this medicine combined with healthy diet, exercise, plenty of sleep with a static sleep pattern and clean bedclothing works well for me.

Made things worse
Reviewed on August 1, 2015

I don't know if anyone else has experienced this but I'm near the end of my 8 week prescription of Tetralysal and throughout the period of taking the tablets my spots have been doing nothing but get worse.

I would say that before they were always massive boils but now they are always loads of little spots, almost like a rash but it's definitely white heads all over my cheeks sometimes its all over my neck and chest. It's like it picks an area of my body/face to be bad and then I get spots there that I have never had before, they go away quickly and then I get another bunch in another area.

What I want to know is, does this happen to anyone else? And is it only after you finish the course that it makes things better? Cause this has definitely made things worse but I continue to take them because I know that you must finish antibiotics when you are given them.

Before I just had massive cysts on my forehead. I would say its good because the spots are tiny and I've not had many cysts but I've not enjoyed having double the amount of spots I have ever had.

by Sam English on 08/21/2015 13:59
I started taking Lymacycline 23rd July this year. And exactly like you say it get's worse. As in many small spots that make your face look on fire. I have severe acne and have had it all over my chest / back and neck etc. Prior to lymacycline my chest and back were much clearer when i was on Doxycycline. I took this couple yrs back but it did not really make no difference, but recently it did. I have had couple large cysts but i'd bring that down to me always having them. That's just part of my acne but never have i had a flare up of smaller acne spots like this. Mind you they do say the acne may get worse before it gets better. No idea why but it's a common thing they say. Let me know how you get on. I'm 24 and i am so fed up. Should not have it at this age. but sh*t happens. Will you let me know how you get on? My FB https://[link removed]
Highly recommend
Reviewed on July 18, 2015

Having never had any spots before, I was confused when at the age of 20 I started breaking out badly on my forehead. The doctor told me it was acne and prescribed me Tetralysal in January 2015. I took it for 4 months. Now 6 months later, I am acne free. I do get the odd blemishes but not like before. Tetralysal has worked great for me. I highly recommend.

After 2/3 weeks my skin is CLEAR!!!
Reviewed on April 27, 2015

I'm 19 years old, I've never had severely bad acne, was put on a few topical treatments when I was around 13 because I was uncomfortable having bad skin at this age, these treatments did the job I guess.. Stopped being on any treatment around the age of 16, and hadnt been on any until about 3 weeks ago when I had this sudden outbreak which was so random, never had anything like it, all my forehead was red and bumpy, and I had dozens of tiny pimples across my chin, up towards my ears and down my neck, it was horrible, and ITCHY!!!

I assumed it must have been an allergic reaction to something but I couldn't think what, also prickly heat crossed my mind.. After roughly a week of this irritation I went to the doctors, and he assured me it was acne, I was really surprised because I really didn't think it could be acne, just because of the nature of the pimples and because I've never had it this bad before.

He prescribed me with lymecycline to take 1 tablet a day, he also prescribed me with differin 0.1% topical gel (galderma), and antihistamines.. I've been on all 3 prescriptions for about 2/3 weeks and my skin is CLEAR!!!! Obviously had the odd 1 or 2 pimple but all the ones on my neck have completely gone, none on my cheeks, as I type this, at this moment in time I have 1 on my forehead, and 1 on my chin.. But who can complain about that?!

I'm not sure which prescription has worked the magic but I really recommend these tablets plus the differin gel!!!

No side effects/ complications..

I've been prescribed the course of lymecycline for 2 months, so I will see what happens after I stop taking them, but fingers crossed!

I dont know what to do.
Reviewed on April 19, 2015

It's been a month since I was prescribed Tetralysal, and it has not helped me in anything ... I'm very worried, I have almost 3 years battling acne with different pills / creams and the vast majority have not helped me at all! Someone can give me some recommendation? I'm desperate because i have suffer from severe acne for a long time and has burdened my life and my dreams! It is very frustrating! PLEASE HELP.

by CoCoPatz on 04/28/2015 10:17
it take 8 weeks before you notice a difference and i found it makes your skin worse before it gets better. unfortunately it takes longer for some people
by Iconmac on 04/28/2015 16:58
I know, my dermatologist prescribed it to me for at least two months, but it's horrible to have to deal with this. I have tried many things and nothing works for me. I have lost hope of being normal and i dont know if my problem has solution ): Anyway, Thanks for the comment.
STICK WITH IT
Reviewed on March 5, 2015

All I can stress is stick with it!

I suffer from acne and as I develop more my skin is getting worse. I was prescribed these and for the first 3 months nothing changed which I reported to my dermatologist and then it started kicking in. My skin is a lot better (although I do use a topical cream) but I still suffer. I have been on prescribed medication since I was 10/12, and before that I used Holland and Barretts Evening Primrose Oil, but this is the best thing I've tried.

Stick with it!!!
Reviewed on February 28, 2015

I cannot stress enough how much you need to stick with this product. Had horrible acne, started the tablets back in July and my skin didn't start to clear up till October/November!! At first actually made my skin worse, almost unbearable to the point where I didn't want to take the tablets anymore, but have gone from having severe acne to clear skin (get about one spot a month now) to clear, scar free skin. Seriously, keep taking the tablets and they'lll (hopefully) sort your skin out!!

Nausea and Lymecycline
Reviewed on February 15, 2015

Been taking Lymecycline for about a week, I've had acne on and off for the last ten years (now 22) and it recently got very bad due to stress and despite feeling better in myself the acne has stayed. I have terrible red scarring all across my cheeks, jawline and forehead. Over the last ten years you can imagine I have tried everything from zinc to birth control, salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide, witch hazel, everything in Boots (UK), natural remedies, the list is endless. I went to my GP and she put me on a two month course of Lymecycline (one a day). I have been taking them about a week and have had quite bad acid reflux and nausea, anyone else had this issue? I haven't had a break out since taking it (although I recently changed my face regime so it could be a combination) but the sickness feeling for two months is looking quite tough. Thinking of starting Retin A for the scarring too as it's available over the counter in Spain (I live between Spain and London), has it worked for any of you?

by Gingerrr on 08/16/2015 15:00
I'm the same age as you, and I had horrible nausea for the first fortnight too, but it almost entirely went away after that. I know this is probably too late to help you but I thought somebody else might be interested! No results for me yet, if anything my skin is worse, but it's only been 5 weeks so.
More spots
Reviewed on February 3, 2015

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can give me any hope for the Lymecycline, I have been on it for 4 weeks now for mild acne. Just over a week now I have really bad spots come up on my chest, neck and shoulders which I never suffered with this severe. My face hasn't improved if anything got slightly worse. The Dr has just said persevere with it! I'm regretting going on these tablets as I was hoping they would either work or not work not make me a lot worse! Can anyone tell me if they've suffered in the same way and what have you done? What would happen if I decided to stop taking them would the chances of the new spots going be slim? Look forward to some advice.

by wants98 on 02/28/2015 21:02
I suffered in the same way! My skin got worse for 2 months and it was horrible, actually gave me worse spots than before the tablets - but after about 2 months my skin started to clear up :) Hope this helps
by CoCoPatz on 04/28/2015 10:20
its more than likely bringing all the stuff out that is deeper in your skin.
by pingu11 on 05/12/2015 15:14
everyone's skin is different. it's recommended to wait 2-6 months. if spots are still worse then I wouldn't bother. you're probably not suited for it. in theory it isn't supposed to make spots worse or increase.