Notifications
Clear all

My 2017 Subcision + Filler Experience/Results

MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 05/19/2017 8:36 pm

Awesome man. Subcision really is the way to go.

MemberMember
(@guardian10)

Posted : 05/22/2017 6:13 pm

It really is the way to go. I'm glad you're getting great results as well with the subcision/filler.

I just had the microneedling + rf done. My face is quite red right now, and I had some pin-point bleeding. I'll update once I've healed up. I think the numbing cream irritated my skin a bit. My chin area was really red. So I ended up doing it without the cream. Wasn't that painful, but hurt more than the subcision.

MemberMember
(@keving100)

Posted : 05/23/2017 2:28 pm

@Guardian10

Congrats man, it looks a lot better
Do you think its the subcision that made the real difference ? or its the HA filler thats doing the plumping of the skin?

MemberMember
(@guardian10)

Posted : 05/30/2017 4:13 pm

I attached some new photos in my original post. I would say that I received a 60-80% improvement. So much so that I'm moving on. I might do another Vivace session in 6 weeks, but that's it.

I did one more round (most likely last round) ofHyaluronidase today to remove some more filler, and so my face is a bit swollen in the treated areas. Once the swelling goes down I'll post some pictures in much more harsh lighting.

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 05/30/2017 9:23 pm

5 hours ago, Guardian10 said:

I attached some new photos in my original post. I would say that I received a 60-80% improvement. So much so that I'm moving on. I might do another Vivace session in 6 weeks, but that's it.

I did one more round (most likely last round) ofHyaluronidase today to remove some more filler, and so my face is a bit swollen in the treated areas. Once the swelling goes down I'll post some pictures in much more harsh lighting.

How much did you pay for rf?

MemberMember
(@guardian10)

Posted : 05/30/2017 10:41 pm

It was $800. The photos were before the rf btw. I didn't notice a difference in scars, but it takes time to improve. There's a decent difference in skin tone and appearance though.

MemberMember
(@grooving-till-old-till-dust)

Posted : 05/30/2017 11:13 pm

one word: damn

Good for you man, substantial improvement was made. Im sure you are pretty freakin happy right now.

MemberMember
(@guardian10)

Posted : 06/25/2017 11:53 pm

Update:

I've attached new pictures under harsh lightning:

Left Side:
http://imgur.com/eNtYFG2
http://imgur.com/neUqbTV

Right Side:
http://imgur.com/bPbOdws

I'm very happy with the improvement. The time I can tell the biggest difference is when using a public restroom. Before I did the treatment the scars looked extremely bad, and it was really hard to even look at myself. But now it's a night/day difference.

The right side ended up seeing the biggest improvement. Only thing with the right side is that bump on my cheek. Not sure what that is. If I look at older photos it's definitely getting smaller. It's the same area where I recall Dr Rullan mentioning something if a plastic surgeon saw him do that he wouldn't be happy (paraphrasing).

I did a 2nd round of Vivace last week, which went well. Subcision is definitely much better for me in terms of improvement, but the downtime is a lot longer. I plan on getting subcision again in October, however, I will not be doing filler at the same time. Doing filler at the same time was by far the biggest mistake I made with this journey; just check the older photos to see how badly placed that filler was.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 06/26/2017 8:21 am

Good job man, very happy for you, congrats on your success! Vivance is like Infini so it's much more controllable than co2 and does not damage the epidermis. Works well especially for your surface scar type 😉

MemberMember
(@evidentnancy)

Posted : 08/15/2017 2:56 pm

@Guardian10@beautifulambitionI'm just curious whats the point of even getting the filler if you are going to get it taken out a couple weeks later? it seems that a few people who have seen dr. rullan have been worried about the bumps on their face and eventually go to a nurse to get the filler removed. is this a normal thing? i'm just worried if i get subcision + filler with Rullan that ill have the same problem with lumps on my face. i was going to try and link his post but i think someone who posted about getting the same procedure from rullan in 2016/2017 had the same exact problem. i haven't seen that problem with novick..?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 08/15/2017 3:17 pm

@EvidentNancyHere is whats going on. Not everyone needs filler. First mistake is going in and asking for something you do not need. If you do not have a pit the size of a pencil eraser in depth why get filler, it will create a bump. For those who have medium to major fat loss and pits, this makes since. For everyone else I would do the vacuum protocol (Chinese cupping on Amazon) for 3 weeks after. Infini rf microneedle also helps with these surface boxcars or and a medium tca peel(s) for texture.

Second mistake most people make... when you fly to a doctor you have a much tighter schedule. If he injects the same day as subcision you have massive swelling, this must go down to be accurate with the amount to fill a pit. If it is not you can over inject. It can take several days for swelling to go away to a few weeks. So get the filler done locally to you or at another time. Nurses are much better at filler than Drs, ... this is because they do it all day long (expert injectors) ... the average PS office has a nurse and this is all she does. Drs have to do everything, and while knowledge can be rushed. Also get a filler that is NOT water attracting aka Volbella, Resty, etc... These are used in eye areas. You don't want a surprise boost of water retention.

Masty liked
MemberMember
(@evidentnancy)

Posted : 08/15/2017 8:05 pm

@beautifulambitionthis makes sense then. when you get it done locally, is it harder for the nurse to know exactly where to inject the filler since she wasnt the one performing the procedure? i imagine dr. rullan or whoever did this persons procedure would be able to know much better where to inject a filler on a patient two weeks after performing the procedure since they were the ones who did the subcision. Or is it pretty easy to tell where to put the filler for subcision? If so, where exactly is it supposed to go - near the entry point in the skin where the skin was cut through?

Also I understand that voluma is best used for the cheeks and volbella is best used for the surface areas. But can anyone tell me whats best used for jaw lines? Is that similar skin type to the temple or is that more cheek? Also, what is HA filler? is that voluma?

@Guardian10can you elaborate a little more on the filler that you chose to get removed after the procedure. did you just get the filler removed from your temples because they used the wrong type of filler (aka they used voluma which should be used only on cheeks, when they should've used volbella which is better for surface scars)? Or did you just get the filler removed from both temple and cheeks because literally every single filler (not just temples) was badly placed?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 08/16/2017 1:43 pm

@EvidentNancy Any Expert injector who has done acne scars knows how to do filler for them. Look at reviews. You need the swelling to go down, you cannot do this when you fly to a remote place for a treatment. I do not recommend Voluma here. You have surface scars, I gave the correct recommendation above about water attracting fillers. Jaws, temples, do not matter, we are talking about surface acne scars here. If you have major fat deficiency then you might need Voluma. For aesthetics checkout juvederm's website of filler choices.

MemberMember
(@evidentnancy)

Posted : 08/17/2017 10:22 pm

@beautifulambitioni may request to novick when i visit him that i useVobella or Beleterro since you think I have more surface scar acne. In his email that he wrote back to me he cautioned me that given the depth of some of my "deeper scars" it may require 2-4 treatment sessions - which makes me think he believes I need voluma for those deeper scars. Remember you thought @QuanHenryhad more surface scars but he said that Novick also used voluma on him as well.