Notifications
Clear all

90% Acne Improvement, Horrid Scars Left Behind (Pictures)

MemberMember
(@d4m)

Posted : 11/27/2016 12:18 pm

Hello everyone, it's been almost 6 months or so since I last posted. The last time I had posted, it was under the prescription section and it was a very very very very rough time for me in which acne had taken over my life. (PLEASE click my profile and check my last post and look at my pictures, to see what it WAS like and what it is NOW, before, after, difference, etc.) So, i'm assuming that now you have seen my before pictures from about 5 months ago, my acne was horrid, and a multitude of scars.

I did end up going to the dermatologist and she recommended accutane and I said no I want to try other things first. Boy am I glad I didn't take accutane, because she prescribed me Tazorac .1 and it has been a miracle for me in terms of destroying almost ALL of my acne. At least the more visible, painful, and/or severe acne and my face is not clear by any means but it is really truly 90% better in comparison to what it was in those before pictures. Now I am planning on staying on Tazorac for as long as needed, I don't really care because it really keeps my acne under control. I also am going to make a differnet post under prescription medication to question the proper use of Tazorac because even though it has helped me big time I do'nt think I am using it right and it's causing me a lot of pain on my face.

Anyways, going back on topic, after those 5 months and now that I'm mostly clear, I am still not satisfied. At all. And that's because now I'm left with a trillion of acne scars which remind me and everyone of what acne has done to my face. So now I will be posting my pictures of my current skin, I took a couple in the light to show as much detail as possible and a couple in normal light. Here they are. 

Now that you guys have seen the pictures, there are a couple questions I hope to get answered, here they are:

1. On a scale of 1-10 (10 being the worst) how bad is the skin/scarring? Just be honest please, I need truth, honesty and reality not kindness and empathy please thanks.
2. I think I have all types of scarring, with ice pick and boxcar scars being the most prevelant and a couple rolling scars here and there, is there any hope whatsoever to rid of these scars? ESPECIALLY the ice pick/boxcar (I don't have much of rolling). What are the procedures and treatments available to treat my skin scarring (ice pick/boxcar).
3. I have heard of TCA Cross  100% being very effective in ridding ice pick scars and deep scars and regrowing collagen but I have darker than normal skin tone (probably type 4) so would this not be applicable for me? Would it cause a lot of PIH? 
4. I plan to keep on Tazorac for the next 4 months until my school is over and then I plan to hopefully do something about scarring over the summer break, so is 3 months a good enough time to make progress on my scarring?
5. Anything/any other things/comments or whatever anyone wants to say/add please feel free to do so as any information/insight/comments will only further educate me and help me so please add whatever/anything that's applicable, I really appreciate it!

Thanks a lot everyone, I hope I can get my questions answered. Even after acne, my skin has been my ONLY insecurity and it has truly consumed me in a very negative way where it inhibits my ability as well as confidence to do a lot of things on a day to day basis and I really hope to fix this issue! Thanks a lot everyone.

2016-11-27 11.58.37.jpg

2016-11-27 12.02.06.jpg

2016-11-27 12.06.02.jpg

2016-11-27 12.07.56-1.jpg

MemberMember
(@sassyoven)

Posted : 11/27/2016 7:10 pm

1. On a scale of 1-10 (10 being the worst) how bad is the skin/scarring? Just be honest please, I need truth, honesty and reality not kindness and empathy please thanks.
Scale 6-7. It's visible but it can be treated and improved a lot after 5-7 treatements
2. I think I have all types of scarring, with ice pick and boxcar scars being the most prevelant and a couple rolling scars here and there, is there any hope whatsoever to rid of these scars? ESPECIALLY the ice pick/boxcar (I don't have much of rolling). What are the procedures and treatments available to treat my skin scarring (ice pick/boxcar).

Subcision 1-2 with PRP method
TCA cross ( need to know how to do. Be cautious about this method). It can cause deeper scars.

3. I have heard of TCA Cross 100% being very effective in ridding ice pick scars and deep scars and regrowing collagen but I have darker than normal skin tone (probably type 4) so would this not be applicable for me? Would it cause a lot of PIH?
I think the tone of your skin is ok to use TCA. Not too dark. Can have long time for redness but can be treated

4. I plan to keep on Tazorac for the next 4 months until my school is over and then I plan to hopefully do something about scarring over the summer break, so is 3 months a good enough time to make progress on my scarring?
Treat acne first then scars later.

5. Anything/any other things/comments or whatever anyone wants to say/add please feel free to do so as any information/insight/comments will only further educate me and help me so please add whatever/anything that's applicable, I really appreciate it!

Here is to summary about things:

- Treat with Subcision for rolling scars
- TCA CROSS
- Topicals for healing scar: ( with reasonableprice from doctors) skin actives scar vanishing gel.
I am a customer and not associate with the sales of skin actives. I see improvement on my skin.
1) Scar VanishingCream (twice a day) with EGF
2) Restoration Cream with EGF
3) Retin A ( at night)
4) Sun cream

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 11/28/2016 2:30 am

I believe the other poster is from a commercial site, and the senior moderators removed the link. I would take their advice accordingly as I do not now theirinterests (selling product / information).

Your scars are not bad (3), I have seen thousands of scars. You have surface textural issues.

You need TCA Cross for the icepicks and for rolling subcision with filler is done. Please see the faq below which is official for this site on these procedures.

3. I have heard of TCA Cross 100% being very effective in ridding ice pick scars and deep scars and regrowing collagen but I have darker than normal skin tone (probably type 4) so would this not be applicable for me? Would it cause a lot of PIH?

TCA Cross is only doing a small portion of skin at a very high percentage. You may try out a spot and see your skins reaction. I have seen darker skin types do it. You should have no issue, where you would if you did a full face peel. TCA pops up the scar, then do a appropriate textural treatment for your skin type when your all done (some lasers can be used on darker skin / and some acid peels).

No way, I have been treating scars for years, scars are never one and done. It will be ongoing, as the body has to heal. You will never have 100% perfect skin. Your scars are very minor with the icepics. So perhaps it may be quicker for you, but their is healing time for TCA Cross.

Please read the faq below

D4M liked
MemberMember
(@guzm0268)

Posted : 11/28/2016 4:30 pm

TCA will help, i have similar skin tone and there is redness left behind that can take months to heal. Keep in mind that the scars will look wider and deeper at first until the collagen begins to form. You will also need more than one treatment.
As for subcision, ive had it done twice. And from my experience, i get lumps (hematoma) on the treated spots. Not everybody get these they are actually not very common but it is a side effect. With me, it took me about 4 months to be healed from subcision.
There is risk with everything you do keep that in mind, not trying to scare you. Patience and having a strong mind is key.

MemberMember
(@d4m)

Posted : 11/28/2016 7:58 pm

Awesome, thanks a lot to everyone who answered, very helpful information!

MemberMember
(@naturalcure1)

Posted : 11/29/2016 12:17 am

Hey! Try going the natural route and using rosehip oil and castor oil as a spot treatment and leave it on over night. Also, check out the oil cleansing method for acne scars!