Notifications
Clear all

Acne scars after accutane *pics*

MemberMember
(@hiimhere99)

Posted : 10/07/2016 1:52 am

Hi guys !

my problem is That i got a bad set of scars after i finished roaccutane ( 7-8 Months) . Whats the plan dealingul with those scars ? I Really need help

IMG_8475.JPG

Image.jpg

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 10/07/2016 3:54 am

Hey man, just wanted to say that those scars are EXTREMELY minor. Seriously no one is going to notice that without actually going 2 inches away from your face and actively looking for flaws.

I'm dead serious, that is nothing to worry about and you're so lucky that that's all you have as a remenance of your acne. As for the slight discoloration, that'll fade within the next few months.

QuanHenry, Kay24, DeLovely and 2 people liked
MemberMember
(@yola4)

Posted : 10/07/2016 9:17 am

I have to study your skin to see the minor flaws. I really wouldn't worry about it. But we are our own worst critics, so if you must do something consider some type of exfoliation or collagen builder i.e. Retin A, glycolic, TCA. Do your research before doing anything. And again...I wouldn't do anything because you could make matters worse and make a minor situation a major one. Good luck

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 10/07/2016 10:17 am

^Exactly. 

If it makes you feel any better op, heres a picture of what my scars look like:

05zSL2w.jpg

Wayy more serious than yours, but honestly I don't mind living with it. 

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 10/07/2016 11:03 am

Time is the best healer...my son also has similar temple scars. They really don't bother him and not very noticeable, he's happy to be acne-free. Stillit's been very slow waiting for the marks to fade, but most marks and minor scars do eventually fade on their own. Have a look at the scars FAQ library...tons of great info and treatment options for all levels of scarring.

Tretinoin liked
MemberMember
(@hiimhere99)

Posted : 10/11/2016 3:12 pm

Should i do laser treatment this winter ?

MemberMember
(@thepwhisp)

Posted : 10/13/2016 7:44 am

Look into subcision, tca cross, and microneedling. Fillers might also work well. I would avoid lasers unless you do a LOT of research on them. Typical consensus on this board is that lasers are no where close to as effective as the first two procedures i mentioned. Needling is very cheap and safe but also has varied results.

QuanHenry liked
MemberMember
(@user564225)

Posted : 01/17/2017 8:47 am

On 11/10/2016 at 9:12 PM, Hiimhere99 said:

Should i do laser treatment this winter ?

i don't think you need them. your skin looks so clear and ur scars are very minor. however if you need to do the laser treatment you should wait at least 6 months post accutane

On 07/10/2016 at 4:17 PM, Tretinoin said:

^Exactly. 

If it makes you feel any better op, heres a picture of what my scars look like:

05zSL2w.jpg

Wayy more serious than yours, but honestly I don't mind living with it. 

your scars aren't bad at all :)

Мyth liked
MemberMember
(@hiimhere99)

Posted : 03/19/2017 6:57 pm

Help ... still got scars on temples . What can i do

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/19/2017 7:15 pm

If your still getting scars on your temples you need Accutane or you have some auto immune poor healing and are susceptible to scaring after treatment. I think you should get Subcision done with a filler for the boxcars and for your icepicks (cannot tell from the pics) TCA Cross. Your scars are very minor in that pic and your skin seems clear everywhere else.

MemberMember
(@hiimhere99)

Posted : 03/20/2017 3:50 am

In

On 3/20/2017 at 6:15 AM, beautifulambition said:

If your still getting scars on your temples you need Accutane or you have some auto immune poor healing and are susceptible to scaring after treatment. I think you should get Subcision done with a filler for the boxcars and for your icepicks (cannot tell from the pics) TCA Cross. Your scars are very minor in that pic and your skin seems clear everywhere else.

Have you tried monthly alternating microneedling and TCA peels on the temples for a year? [Redacted]

In all this time since i posted i Didnt use anything But glicolic / salicilic acid