Notifications
Clear all

I just had a acne keloid Kenalog injection on my chest

MemberMember
(@keloid)

Posted : 10/05/2016 10:38 pm

Today I had a kenalog injection and I was wondering the following:

1. Will friction on the scar cause it to become more recovery resistant meaning that the scar will be less likely removed? Like I wear a sweater that feels a little sensitive and scratchy in my chest. Will it affect my removal rate?

2. Would muscle building have any effect on my scars? Like if I build muscles will the scars grow?

3. How many injections on an average size scar does it take to get it fully recovered?

MemberMember
(@anlo7)

Posted : 12/31/2016 12:56 am

Keloid and hypertrophic scars are a bit tricky to treat. Treatment for these scar are very limited, especially with keloid scar since they keep growing beyond the site of the original wound. Friction may irritation the scar, so it's best you try to keep the scar moisturized by applying for kind of lotion or silicone gel/sheet. Muscle building doesn't seem to do anything to raised scars, at least from my experience. It depend on the actual scar to determine whether injection will even flatten the scar to near surface level. Injections do help the scar go down a bit, but nothing dramatic so don't be too disappointment with your results.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 12/31/2016 9:51 am

This is all dependent on your bodies ability to heal and what causes issues to you. Sweater, maybe, better to be cautious. IT's a irritant for some in the acne and allergy world. Muscle building "could" effect the scar (you sweat and produce enzymes), you have hormonal shifts, steroids / supplements, their is tension on the skin, and bacteria is in gyms. Will it do nothing, this is also a possibility, live your life and do what you love!

No idea how many injections, each of us are different some it's one others it's 3 or 4. I know doctors now who do CO2 laser and use kenalog on the keloid after (the channels), some do microneedling. To much Kenalog too soon and you have divits in the skin from collagen destruction, most doctors are cautious with dilution.