Notifications
Clear all

Laser treatment for red marks

MemberMember
(@kathi)

Posted : 07/18/2016 2:53 pm

Hi guys! I really hope you can help me, because I'm not sure what to do. I've been struggling with acne since I was 14 (I am almost 20 now), I've never had severe acne, but I've had light - to mild acne. My acne would break out during the winter and calm down during the summer. I've tried Doxycycline which COMPLETELY cleared my skin, but acne came back even worse few months later. I've also tried Minocycline which kind of helped me. But in January 2016 my acne became worse than ever. I got acne in the places I've never had them before. I didn't know what to do except to cry because I couldn't find the reason why am I breaking out so bad. I've gone to gynecologist and we found out that I've got a MILD PCOS. I've had my blood taken out and found out that my hormones are okay except that my FH and LSH (lower than normal) and my Androstenedione is a little bit higher than normal. Since my mum didn't want me to take any hormonal pills - and neither did I - I went to a doctor that does TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine), I've been taking the granulat 4 grams 3 times a day and finally got regular periods and my face has calmed down. I still get few acne here and then. My red marks have disappered, I've got a couple left but I'm not satisified with my skin.

What I'm now scared of is that my acne will come back when the summer ends. What I wanna do in the Fall is a laser treatment. Or any kind of a treatment with my skin. So I wanted to ask you guys, what treatment do you think would help? I want to get rid of the red marks that are left and renew my skin. I have mixed feeling about the laser treatments cause I've had people tell me it's the best thing they have done, but on the other hand some told me it was a waste of money.

I am thankful for every person who reads the whole thing, every comment and advice any of you gives me and if it helps I'll post a photo of what my skin looks like now. Thank you in advance !! :)

MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 07/20/2016 1:25 pm

Vbeam is really good on redmarks. I had it done a couple years ago and it worked like a charm. I might do it again for some new stubborn marks.

Kathi liked
MemberMember
(@unspecified)

Posted : 07/20/2016 8:34 pm

I've been getting Laser Genesis, which is gentler than Vbeam but not as good at targeting redness. I've had 2 treatments so far and I'm probably going to fit 2 more in before the summer's over. It has helped, but rather subtly, you definitely don't notice a difference by the next day. In all honesty I should try Vbeam, but I'm scared as I found even the Laser Genesis a little terrifying and more painful than expected. Before my first treatment I had to sign a waiver that said 'I understand that this procedure can cause hyperpigmentation' which almost made me change my mind. It does happen to some people, among other negative effects. Unless it's bothering you so much that you think about your skin every day (which I do...more like at least every hour) I would hold off on the laser.

Kathi liked