Notifications
Clear all

Roll call! Subcision lumps, how and who treated them for you?

MemberMember
(@michiganmom)

Posted : 05/01/2016 2:47 pm

Hi all, so i took the leap and did subcision. Well... lets just say at this point im seriously regretting it. My rolling scars were shallow but in wnough bad lighting i hated them. I am now left with a very large lump and general tension in the line of the subcision area. Also to boot, theres an indent in the middle of the tension line from where the needle was inserted. Heres the pics, thoughts. Advice. I am seeking a second opinion from other docs as well. It has been 6 weeks since...top is before then after follows.

20160501_151335.jpg

20160501_150905.jpg

20160501_150811.jpg

MemberMember
(@dan34)

Posted : 05/01/2016 3:20 pm

They can take six months to decrease from what I've read. You just have to leave it alone, maybe massage and ice but nothing extreme.

MemberMember
(@michiganmom)

Posted : 05/01/2016 3:35 pm

Thanks dan. Its disheartening to hear us have any negative effects from a treatments sought for correction. I would rather have no improvement than worsening. Hanging in there. Hoping to hear from others...

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 05/01/2016 8:18 pm

I had an indent too from an insertion point but that went away after a couple of months. I also had a couple of nodules but those too went away. Some quicker than others. You didn't mention if your rolling scars subsided or decreased? Any word on that? those pictures aren't quite clear

There's a steroid injection you can opt for if those nodules are seriously bothering you.

MemberMember
(@holdingontohope)

Posted : 05/01/2016 8:48 pm

Where did you have this done? I am looking into subcision and also in Mi.

MemberMember
(@michiganmom)

Posted : 05/01/2016 9:46 pm

Thnx robert, how large were yours, mine stick out probably a quarter to half inch! Doc is putting me on topical steriod. As of now, i dont see the rolling scars because theyre entirely covered by the lumpy bumpy... hi holdingon, i went out of state. I have heard good things about dr. Gowda for fat transfer and laser. Hes in novi and troy, kinda wish i would've consulted him. I will be seeing him as well as probably mandrea in chicago and anil shah if this does start showing improvement. Holding on, have you had any treatments yet?

MemberMember
(@paul-b)

Posted : 05/03/2016 6:30 am

Did you perform any suctioning on yourself after the procedure out or interest or is this the natural result of having the procedure done?

Wishing you a speedy resolution.

MemberMember
(@michiganmom)

Posted : 05/03/2016 9:05 pm

No, i was to afraid to suction, so glad i did not

MemberMember
(@paul-b)

Posted : 05/04/2016 6:27 am

9 hours ago, michiganmom said:

No, i was to afraid to suction, so glad i did not

Sorry to hear that.

Presumably the person who performed the procedure didn't cite this as being a possible outcome and therefore didn't advise what to do in this event? Have they been able to provide any advice since you informed them of what's happened?

This is one of the reasons why I have resisted the treatment so far. It is billed as being such a routine and harmless procedure and yet there is the potential for things like this to happen. Makes you wonder if it is just an unfortunate possibility or just down to shoddy workmanship. If it's the latter then it's hard to know who to trust.

If we all knew what the outcome would be from any given procedure then it would make the whole decision-making process a lot easier but unfortunately we are not afforded that luxury.

MemberMember
(@michiganmom)

Posted : 05/04/2016 8:54 pm

Very true, i believe i had the latter as well and will be glad to tell people exactly what happened and by whom when this all comes to fruition. There are details of my case that i cant disclose now ;)

MemberMember
(@scarface6556)

Posted : 05/06/2016 5:21 pm

you have like 2 scars lol. get real

MemberMember
(@michiganmom)

Posted : 05/06/2016 5:30 pm

Well scarface, i do appreciate your humor, its made my day 🙂 no, i have more. I will post complete photos when all settles down. No mattee hoa many scars any of us have, we have to see them every day. Am i a bit obsessed over it, yes i am a perfectionist so its hard on me. Im a single mom whos been through a tough separation recently and that has added to my stress over vanity. I hope to heal and move past this chapter in my life. I hope one day i can be accepting of all my imperfections. I will get there, its just going to take time and maybe therapy lol!

On another note, i went for kenalog injection today. My favorite doc os confident it will heal and look better but he did say its going to take a series and lots of time. Back to the drawing board I guess.

MemberMember
(@scarface6556)

Posted : 05/06/2016 6:25 pm

54 minutes ago, michiganmom said:

Well scarface, i do appreciate your humor, its made my day 🙂 no, i have more. I will post complete photos when all settles down. No mattee hoa many scars any of us have, we have to see them every day. Am i a bit obsessed over it, yes i am a perfectionist so its hard on me. Im a single mom whos been through a tough separation recently and that has added to my stress over vanity. I hope to heal and move past this chapter in my life. I hope one day i can be accepting of all my imperfections. I will get there, its just going to take time and maybe therapy lol!

On another note, i went for kenalog injection today. My favorite doc os confident it will heal and look better but he did say its going to take a series and lots of time. Back to the drawing board I guess.

youre right i agree with all you said .

MemberMember
(@perfectskin_dreamer)

Posted : 08/28/2021 9:06 am

Just following and saw MichiganMom your subcision photos - how did it all turn out? Who did you go to? Did you get it resolved. I just did subcision one month ago - think it made an improvement...all of this is a bit wait and see, isn't it?