Notifications
Clear all

Don't do TCA peel on pimples with pus

MemberMember
(@captainplanet)

Posted : 03/28/2016 8:30 pm

I did a TCA peel 12.5% (applied one layer, removed after 5 mins) on my face 3 days ago, including on one cyst that had been there for 2-3 weeks. Don't do it.

(To rant:
The cyst came to a head right after the peel, and I pricked it with a needle, happily bleeding it. Usually this allows healing and I wouldn't be left with a scar. But a day later, I noticed there was a 2mm-deep hole where the pus was. It has very neat and clean edges, and looks like it has stopped healing. Usually the wounds take a week to heal, and sometimes they patch up nicely. But this one looks like"I'm done. This is me."

I'm so upset now. I've been battling acne scars all my life and I'm 35 now. With collagen loss, I now have wrinkles too and the scars are looking stretched. And now, an additional scar.)

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 03/29/2016 12:07 am

that's incredibly deep. do you have a picture? I've accidently gone over pimples with highertca percentages and this was never the result. I'm willing to be that the reason it sunk was because you poked it. also, pimples that are relatively close to the surface don't bleed extensively. you were likely dealing with a pimple that was very deep, nodule-like. those seldom form heads but when they do they're very small thus don't react as regular pimples would do (easy draining). give it a couple of days it's probably traumatized by the poking.

MemberMember
(@captainplanet)

Posted : 03/29/2016 3:55 am

I don't have to circle it eh (see end of post). It's right there screaming for attention.

" I'm willing to be that the reason it sunk was because you poked it. "
- I've poked similar-sized cysts before, and they healed well. I started poking only in the past year. All my old scars were from ..I don't know, maybe Retin A, squeezing, Roaccutane.

" give it a couple of days it's probably traumatized by the poking.  "
- I hope so. It looks like it's done 'healing'..

I'm so sad. It's so tough to be a girl with such skin.

20160329_191513.jpg

I really don't know what to do.
I've derma-rolled/stamped for 4 years, and now doing this. Not only are my old scars far from eliminated but I'm acquiring new ones. 
Little kids come up to me and ask me why my face is like that. Ok, not all the time. But thrice in the last 15 years. I read about guys asking "would girls like me" when their scars are way lighter than mine -- and I'm a girl, and guys are much harsher on girls' looks than the other way round.
I hate spending all my money on supplements and contraptions AND creams.

MemberMember
(@dan34)

Posted : 03/29/2016 2:10 pm

I'm sorry you're dealing with this. I've had little kids ask why I have bumps on my face too. It's soul-crushing but they don't know any better. Four years is a really long time for doing one technique--I'm assuming you dermastamp with some regularity. I would try subcision and suction.

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 03/29/2016 5:23 pm

Is your scarring only pronounced on your upper cheeks? No temple scarring or lower cheek scarring?

MemberMember
(@captainplanet)

Posted : 03/30/2016 2:19 am

@Dan34 - I tried suction for a month before the contraption spoilt, couldn't see much of an improvement. An IPL+RF treatment 'removed' the hyperpigmentation and my face was amazingly even-toned--for a grand total of 2 days. A doc once tried subcision in between dermarolling, but it was expensive and I never went back. That was when I started dermarolling.

Did you see results from other methods?

@Robertitoo - I have scarring everywhere - entire both cheeks (not side of face, but some weird cysts and marks now and then), temple, between my eyebrows, chin, nose. you name it.