Notifications
Clear all

Blackhead scars between Eyebrows

MemberMember
(@blackheadunibrow)

Posted : 01/25/2016 12:11 pm

Over the past 2 years I've faced terribly annoying eyebrow acne that's gotten only worse each day.

When this acne began it was only one or two spots or wanted to pimples that came from what was first a blackhead.  When I first started seeing these blackheads I would of course tried to get rid of them by squeezing which worked for the most part. However no matter how gently I applied pressure or no matter how short I clipped my nails, a scar would appear smack in the center of my eyebrows. Thus, the beginning of the unibrow scar started.

At first the scar would take 2 to 3 weeks to completely disappear but by time that to three weeks was there and and another black head or two would have already emerged. Aka- the endless spiral of dark spots between the eyebrows.
I stopped squeezing them once I noticed the scarring lasted too long. Fast forward to present day my face and not only do the blackheads keep coming but now there are actually hairs forming a unibrow.
(I'm a 20 tv actor who doesn't want to be known for having a unibrow)
#1. how can I prevent these hairs from causing noticeable blackheads?
#2. How can I get rid of the visibility of the unibrow 
#3. Does anyone understand my struggle?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

MemberMember
(@friskycreek)

Posted : 01/25/2016 2:20 pm

Have you been to a dermatologist? I usually pluck the hairs that grow between my eyebrows.

MemberMember
(@ommmmmm)

Posted : 01/25/2016 4:10 pm

I would see a derm or doctor to get a prescription for topical retinoids (retin-a micro, tazorac, etc). That's great that you stopped squeezing them as this could cause even worse scarring (I learned the hard way). Apply the retinoids to the area that gets blackheads to exfoliate them and prevent them instead of squeezing. Agree, then just pluck the hairs and you'll be all good. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@afreen93)

Posted : 08/24/2020 1:06 pm

I have the same problem! it started as a pimple and now it has been 3 years I can't get rid of it. There is thick hair and blackheads coming out of it.20200824_125139.jpg.a7ad2cf6f997082d48d58b416cb64b7e.jpg