Notifications
Clear all

Needling/ Collagen Induction Therapy AKA Microneedling

MemberMember
(@mcc23)

Posted : 12/30/2015 4:09 pm

I bought a dermastamp and a single diabetic lancet from owndoc and did my first treatment 2 weeks ago with the suction tool. If I had to gauge depth, I'd say it was 1.5 mm at most. Not very much blood drawn at all. It's been said that we should wait about 4 weeks to do a second treatment, and to see improvement from the first treatment. 2 weeks out I've noticed that a couple of the scars I've needled are actually somewhat deeper, however others seem to be wider and shallower. The ones that seem deeper are those that were only visible in "off-light", but are now visible in direct light.

I've done my best to keep the skin hydrated with Jojoba oil, as well as consuming copious amount of H2O.

Can anyone comment on whether or not this deepening of the scar is just part of the recovery process? Like a "worse-before-better" kind of thing?

I tried to contact the distributor of the needles but was immediately confronted with a message that simply was obsolving them from any responsibility if anything happens. I would like some constructive feedback.

Thanks

MemberMember
(@orangez)

Posted : 12/30/2015 7:28 pm

Subcision and Mironeedling, dermastamping, single needling are two very different things.

Could be that the swelling is just making the area around the scar more puffy? But if it's two weeks later who knows. I personally have not noticed any negative/positive effects from needling.