Notifications
Clear all

can anyone please tell me what kind of scars i have? 🙁

MemberMember
(@trash-kun)

Posted : 11/23/2015 4:31 am

so i've been a longtime lurker in these forums ever since i got acne four years ago and i only recently just decided to give in and took Oratane which is also Accutane. anyways i'm only on the second month and it's clearing me up nicely but then i can now see scars on my cheeks where my worst areas are. i don't remember seeing scars before taking the pill but i assume it's because my cheeks are blotchy and red and now that it's starting to clear up the scars are showing themselves... i don't know. i heard people say it's due to weight loss and Accutane thins your skin so the scars are more obvious or something but then i really did lose some weight bc i''ve been watching my diet for a few months now so im not sure if my weight loss is affecting it or whatever ughhhh.

i NEVER pick my skin so i don't know why i'm getting so much scars i always left them alone bc i was paranoid about anything touching my face but since starting the pill i have literally NEVER touched them and when i do it's only when i'm in the shower but im suddenly seeing scars omfg??? i'm only on low dose 10mg for now my derm plans to increase it next month which will be my third month. i didn't have a bad IB only got 1 cyst which wasnt too bad but it's still not healed and still a red mark which you can see is that red spot in the middle of my cheek.

i'm a girl and only turning 19 soon and my scars are really getting me down. i talked to my derm about it but he just said the scars were minor and didn't really think it was serious or anything but i can see them and it's taking a toll on me bc i feel so ugly and shitty i can't even go out without my anxiety screaming at me.

i've included two pictures that were taken in natural daylight facing the window as you can see it's still kind of red but there are scars oh my god... they look a lot worse in person and the third picture is taken in a dark room in front of a computer i have no idea why they look so shiny bc my face has already stopped producing oil a month ago ok btw i blacked out my features bc i wanna keep my identity so please just ignore those black stuff in the pictures.

sooo back to topic i don't even know what kind of scars they are but they look like a mixture of icepicks and boxcars and rolling scars i don't know ffs i need someone to identify them for me please? :( 

20151123_152132.jpg

20151123_152154.jpg

20151123_165602.jpg

MemberMember
(@maryhursey1234)

Posted : 11/28/2015 3:19 pm

Practically nothing -very mild

MemberMember
(@chrt_mvc)

Posted : 11/28/2015 7:09 pm

it's not that bad  .... Your cheek does look blotchy and red ...I have the same in both cheeks and on top of my left eyebrow (forehead) but a lot of people told me I could be allergic to something so I don't know .....it might be the same for you maybe?