Notifications
Clear all

Where do I go from here?

MemberMember
(@friskycreek)

Posted : 11/23/2015 11:02 am

Hi all. I've posted pictures of my scarring here before and people recommended subcision. I opted out of fillers and did the subcision only and the results were minimal. My cheeks showed no improvement, although the box scarring on my temples surprisingly did. I want to move forward and try to treat my cheeks again and I think I might try subcision again combined with suctioning this time. What are your thoughts?

Here are some updated pictures of my scarring. I purchased a cheap LED flashlight to take some good pictures because I truly believe in the importance of lightning when it comes to acne scars (which is why I'm skeptical to many before and after shots). I also included a picture without direct lightning on my face for reference.

PS. Would you call this scarring moderate or severe?

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

MemberMember
(@ambrose144)

Posted : 11/23/2015 2:31 pm

How's it going, bro?

First off, I'd say your scars are not remotely close to severe.In fact, in the last 4-5 pictures, the scars are not bad at all.

I'm not the most well versed in treatments, but I'm sure a more experience user will respond to your query shortly and give you some options.

I do, however, have a question. You mentioned your temple boxcars improved with subscision. Mind expanding on this? How bad were the scars before, what % of improvement, etc.? Even in the harshest lighting, your temples look perfect.

MemberMember
(@friskycreek)

Posted : 11/23/2015 4:15 pm

Hi!

The scarring on my temples was never as bad as my cheeks, but I think it improved a lot, maybe 50%.

I've attached the only before picture I have. I'm not sure about the lightning circumstances so I can't really replicate it now, but it's definitely a big improvement.

10.JPG

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 11/23/2015 7:18 pm

One treatment is usually not enough. If you responded positively before, I would stick with subcision and see how much more improvement you can get. I would classify your scars as moderate. That said, you have an advantage in that they look like mostly rolling scars with smooth, normal looking skin overlying the scars. This means that you don't have to do any resurfacing procedures to correct the texture. A lot of scars are complex in that you have to lift them, and then do resurfacing because the surface texture still doesn't blend in with the surrounding normal skin.

Overall, I would not do anything intense like lasers because the rest of your skin looks good, smooth and good tone.

MemberMember
(@templeofdoom)

Posted : 11/23/2015 9:09 pm

I have no idea regarding scarring in the cheek area so I can't be of any assistance, however you mentioned a 50% improvement in the temples, That's great to hear!!

My scarring is in the temples, but I can't find anyone in the UK to perform subscision on the temple area. Are you based in the UK?

MemberMember
(@friskycreek)

Posted : 11/24/2015 7:02 am

Not in the UK unfortunately. My doctor didn't have any problems with performing subcision on my temple area, he didn't even mention it.

MemberMember
(@scarredemon)

Posted : 11/24/2015 11:46 am

A few more rounds of subcision would probably help with lifting up any bounded scar tissues. Some of the deeper scars on your cheeks (I call it deep divots) should respond well with a heavier filler- i.e. perlane, IMHO. However, I do understand where you're coming from, from having a not so good responds with the initial treatment. The biodegradable substances injected, though should last forat least 6 months would differ in every individual due to metabolism rate.

Once you've achieved substantial results from subcision, perhaps try sculptra to help replacethe area wheretissue lossis significant.

I hope this helps.

All the best,

Scarredemon

MemberMember
(@factoid)

Posted : 11/24/2015 3:48 pm

Subcision and CROSS for the deeper icepicks.

MemberMember
(@friskycreek)

Posted : 11/28/2015 8:44 am

@scarredemonCould you specify which scars you are talking about please? As for filler, do you really think they are neccessary? I'd rather not settle for temporary solutions.

@FactoidI don't think I have any icepick scars. Which ones are you talking about?

I think my scars look a bit deeper than they are because of the harsh LED lightning in the first few pictures. If I stretch my skin they become even.