Notifications
Clear all

Fasting For Scars (Experiment/proof/photos) Iso

MemberMember
(@loveplastic)

Posted : 09/09/2015 7:12 pm

Ok this morning I was feeling too weak and broke the fast

Here are the final results. Sorry for bad lighting it has been cloudy here the past few weeks.

Tell me what you think?

post-128949-0-30235100-1441843920.jpg

MemberMember
(@ihenryi)

Posted : 09/09/2015 10:16 pm

Wow, great improvement! Congratulations man, looks great. So you went 4 days without eating? Also, what did you do to take your mind off of hunger?

MemberMember
(@loveplastic)

Posted : 09/09/2015 10:54 pm

Wow, great improvement! Congratulations man, looks great. So you went 4 days without eating? Also, what did you do to take your mind off of hunger?

Thanks!! :D

It was 5 days but keep in mind I was fasting on and off the week I started and the week before. So that helped.

I couldn't keep my mind off hunger. Some people can others can't. Really depends on how toxic your body is.

If you eat lots of fruits and veggies it shouldn't be too bad. If you eat greasy burgers, fries, cakes and cookies, you'll CRAVE and it'll be tough.

Also like I said, the marks turned pinkish, you can still clearly see them but they now blend with the rest of my skin better. My skin also smoothened out. Fasting works for all skin conditions. This was just one example. Other part of my body were healing also.

Another note: I started the fast with a lot of small wounds which slowed the process. I'm just glad I finished :)

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 09/10/2015 1:53 am

Welp

MemberMember
(@loveplastic)

Posted : 09/10/2015 3:05 pm

Lightings too different to really compare. I know personally when I take pics of my skin, the lightings the key to tell if theres improvement. Some lighting will make my skin look flawless and have no redness, especially when its cloudy outside, even in the same room. My skin looked great when I went to washington because the weathers always so gloomy, however in southern cali, because its almost always sunny, my scars tend to stick out more. Not saying its not helping, but the 2 pics arent really compareable, like last one's much more yellow which can blend scars better.

Yes that's %100 my fault.

It's weird because I swear I took them in the same lighting situations. It was cloudy both days and taken in the same room in the same spot.

And yes it did help. My skin is a lot smoother too.

You liked
MemberMember
(@factoid)

Posted : 09/11/2015 12:07 am

The amount of ill-informed misconceptions about human biology in this thread makes my head hurt.

zugzwang liked
MemberMember
(@missamua)

Posted : 09/13/2015 2:09 am

To the OP, I'm really sorry you suffered acne for so long and definitely feel for you...but the others are right. I tried natural and homeopathic remedies for acne and scars for years out of desperation and was left angry and upset every time time. Sometimes I would get temporary "improvements" that were entirely coincidental, and then I'd be back to square one. No one here is trying to spread hate but to help you to understand that this is not only physiologically impossible to improve scarring but also risky. The good news is that there are plenty of effective non-aggressive treatments for both PIH and scarring but this isn't one of them.

MemberMember
(@dramalillama)

Posted : 11/14/2016 4:16 pm

I say go this guy! But i think juice fasting is the way to go. Theres a whole doco about it on netflix you guys might wanna check out. Fat, sick and nearly dead.

MemberMember
(@mynameisacne)

Posted : 11/18/2016 12:27 am

When I did raw food for about a week my acne all went away and my skin was like a baby.

MemberMember
(@zugzwang)

Posted : 11/18/2016 2:12 am

If you want to convince people this is a legitimate method, you'd better be scientific about the way you present your argument. Like others have said, the lighting is totally different, and offers no evidence that the fasting did anything. To examine any acne scarring, you should ideally have direct overhead lighting to accentuate the unevenness of the skin.

MemberMember
(@fraz_2010)

Posted : 04/13/2022 6:48 pm

On 11/18/2016 at 7:12 AM, zugzwang said:

If you want to convince people this is a legitimate method, you'd better be scientific about the way you present your argument. Like others have said, the lighting is totally different, and offers no evidence that the fasting did anything. To examine any acne scarring, you should ideally have direct overhead lighting to accentuate the unevenness of the skin.

The scientific evidence isn't there. Not because it doesn't work, but because there have been no official studies into it. Only the pharmaceutical industry welds the power to fund these studies and they won't for very obvious reasons.