Notifications
Clear all

OMG!!!!! U GUYS MUST TRY THIS!!

MemberMember
(@fantasyclover)

Posted : 11/12/2004 6:06 pm

oh my f*ckin lord i LOOOOOOOOVE baking powder, my skin is like soooooooooo soft right now and my pores got smaller too! And i could feel the fine grains from the baking powder. But it kinda stung my cheeks a bit when i first put it on, but then i couldnt feel a thing!

MemberMember
(@hummmmmmmelectrichummmm)

Posted : 11/12/2004 7:32 pm

But it kinda stung my cheeks a bit when i first put it on,

MemberMember
(@jsbee2)

Posted : 11/12/2004 8:43 pm

Yeah, ok, thanks for clearing that up for me.

about the vinnegar, it kind of reddens my marks when i first put it on, is this natural?

MemberMember
(@walla)

Posted : 11/12/2004 9:41 pm

Hi

Can I do it when having still spots, or should I wait till it are all red marks?

Can I use white wine vinegar? i don't have anything else.

What's the difference between using baking soda or baking powder?

greets

MemberMember
(@enox)

Posted : 11/13/2004 12:00 am

Delna, what is the condition of your skin(redness, pimples, white heads, blackheads etc.)? and what is your age range?

thanks, and how do u apply the ACV? do u juss put it on ur finger/hand and juss rub it on ur face? or do u guys use a qtip or cotton ball?

MemberMember
(@montana)

Posted : 11/13/2004 1:45 am

i'm going to try this because i did the acv and it really faded my red marks away,,but it dried my skin so no i do it 3 times week,,i might stop in a month when i expect all the red marks to be gone,,the new problem now is new pmples forming,,i have really small pores and dry skinso i'm going to try this baking soda thing for sure! delga ur' great!

MemberMember
(@libra)

Posted : 11/13/2004 3:52 am

Hi Delna,

First, thank you for sharing your wonderful regimen with us. eusa_clap.gif

I have a few questions for you:

1) You said you are using the Dove for sensitive skin soap bar. Is it a facial soap only or a body soap too? I heard they have the 2 versions (face and body) but they are practically the same.

2) You said no scrubs at all. Are you talking about cleansing scrubs only or about skin refinishers too (that you put as a serum before your moisturizer)? For example: Are products such as Idealist by Estee Lauder and Milk Plus Smoothing skin refinisher by Almay out of the question?

3) What kind of make-up do you use (foundation, concealer and powder)? What's the name of the company? What level of coverage does it provide?

Thanks in advance biggrin.gif

MemberMember
(@jsbee2)

Posted : 11/13/2004 2:14 pm

Hi

Can I do it when having still spots, or should I wait till it are all red marks?

Can I use white wine vinegar? i don't have anything else.

What's the difference between using baking soda or baking powder?

greets

MemberMember
(@red4passion)

Posted : 11/14/2004 6:00 am

This regime sounds amazing! I can't wait to try it out. However, I have some queries. Does this regime only apply for those who has had breakouts and are only troubling over red marks left from breakouts now? Or can I use it even during a breakout? I'm kind of in doubt cuz it sounds like I can only use it when they're no fresh zits on my face.

MemberMember
(@fantasyclover)

Posted : 11/14/2004 8:18 am

hi, about the vinegar, do i HAVE to wash it off after 10 mins? i applied it with a cotton ball to affected areas and it didn't sting or make my skin dry (i didn't dilute it either even though it was already diluted)

MemberMember
(@montana)

Posted : 11/14/2004 11:59 am

sometimes it doesn't sting,,remember to moisturize,, what i used to do is leave it on all night but it dried my face too much,,i now put it on 2 or 3 hrs before taking a shower at night

MemberMember
(@fatedcircle)

Posted : 11/15/2004 5:10 am

i just bought ACV, baking soda, 2 lemons, and a dozen eggs

my acne is getting better (from accutane), hopefully this'll help w/ the red marks

day one

i started off at a low dose of ACV.

the egg smells funny, and it's making me hungry

BTW: the egg mask makes ur face skin feel hella sticky.. it's cool!

hopefully my skin will look better in 6 days.. coz i'm going japan baby woo!

MemberMember
(@delna)

Posted : 11/15/2004 9:47 am

hi all, thanks for trying out this regimen...hopefully, this will be the last one u try!

Usershift, baking soda and acv can be any brand ..it doesnt matter. i use 'Great Value', not coz of the value, lol lol.gif ...but becoz theirs come in small size packs which is cool as u dont need to use much of both.

tiffany, fatedcircle...GOOD LUCK!

Fantasyclover...pls use Baking SODA n not baking powder. it may be safe but i wdnt take the risk. yes, u shd wash vinegar off in 10 mins and remember to moisturise. even if it doesnt sting, u shdnt apply it neat. use a 1:1 ratio.

jsbee, if ur redness disappears in a few hrs after acv, u shd be fine...if it doesnt and if ur skin feels sensitive, then its a sign that u r not diluting it enuf. u can always increase the concentration gradually as ur skin gets used to it. some skin types can take it neat..but no, shdnt do it. it will just make ur skin ph more acidic. 1:1 (acv:H2O) is the max u shd go.

Enox, im 27. i have a lot of red marks..and shallow box scars. used to have both blackheads and whiteheads till i started using baking soda as an exfoliator. this wonderful thing has cleared up all my pores! I use a cotton ball to smoothen acv on my face...just as u wd use a toner. i just apply it till all my face is wet with acv. dont rub it in... it'll irritate ur skin.just leave it on for 10 mins and wash.

Montana, ur dry skin is probably becoz ur skin ph is not balanced. when u use baking soda, ur skin becomes alkaline...and when u follow with acv, which is acidic, ur ph becomes neutral. so dryness, bye-bye..and pores are squeaky clean..so pimples bye-bye..!!

libra, i use the facial bar. look for fragnance free, hypo-allergenic. but u can use it for ur body too. they have body wash too, but body wash shd not be used on the face.

i meant grainy cleansing scrubs like St.ives and Proactiv's renewing cleanser. They irritate the skin. i really dont know abt the products u mentioned. but if they r helping u, no need to discontinue. just limit ur anti-acne product to one..and do the cleansing routine religiously.

I am a wash and go kind of girl..i really dont have the patience to sit and apply make-up. So i use Prescriptives match-stick foundation. It gives me such a good coverage that i dont need anything else other than some pressed powder to set it! And when i started this regime, i found that make-up doesnt flake anymore and my skin has a glow which no make-up can provide!

walla and red4passion, when u have spots, it means ur pores r not clean. so this is the best time to start ur pore-cleansing regimen. u shd be extra gentle with ur skin when u have pimples. cleanse with cleanser and baking soda(be extra gentle and wash off immediately)..apply a very very weak acv..1water)..wash in 10 mins. apply ur acne cream and moisturiser with SPF. Pls dont use make-up when u have active acne. if u want coverage. u can use a tinted moisturiser with SPF instead of ur regular moisturiser. U shd use Apple Cider Vinegar for my regimen. Baking soda is sodium bicarbonate and baking powder is a mixture of cornstarch, sodium aluminium sulphate and baking soda.u shd use Baking Soda. For ur pimples, put a warm wash cloth on it for 10 mins ?(repeatedly dipping the cloth in hot water when it gets cold)...make a paste of baking soda and water and apply it only on the pimples. wait till it dries. wash. do this a few times a day until u see the yellow stuff ready to come out. again put warm wash cloth on it for sometime till skin softens, very very gently stretch the skin and the yellow stuff will come out. Pls DONT SQUEEZE if it doesnt come out. It just means that its not ready. continue the baking soda application and when u do manage to take it out, wipe with tissue and apply neosporin on the spots alone. apply neosporin twice a day till ur skin forms a scab and once a day when scab forms. let it fall of on its own. if u follow this to the point, u will not scar.

MemberMember
(@montana)

Posted : 11/15/2004 7:17 pm

delna what do you think of doing your regimen in the evening,,i mean the BS+ACV+acne cream and moisturizer?? i want to do that and just use a cleanser in the morning...what do u think?

MemberMember
(@chitown77)

Posted : 11/15/2004 7:25 pm

Montana-

That's what I am doing. I am a guy, and I shave at night (every other day). So I cleanse, shave, baking soda, vinegar, moisturize at night. In the morning, I cleanse in shower, then do the mask, then wash off, moisutirze and go. It will work whether you do it in the am or pm.

MemberMember
(@hummmmmmmelectrichummmm)

Posted : 11/15/2004 7:26 pm

Done this for 2 days. So far nothing has happened.

MemberMember
(@usershift)

Posted : 11/15/2004 8:36 pm

First off I would like to eusa_clap.gif thank Delna for sharing this regimen with us.

I stated this regimen along with B-5 ( Pantothenic Acid ) (10grams day) supplements 4days ago. I can say that this indeed has already begun to change my skin dramatically.

In the mornings I wash my face with Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser , then do the Baking Soda and ACV, then apply some Aloe Vera 100% gel after my face drys. My face feels wonderful all day. At night I wash with Aveeno again then lightly pat it dry but not to dry it out all the way then apply the Egg white mask and let it sit for 10min and then jump in the shower and wash it off with cold water for 20-30 sec. The mask is unbelievable it has seriously already begun to make my pores so small natural and tight its AWESOME. The reason I wash with cold water is because warm water opens your pores up to my understanding and the mask tightens your pores and washing it with cold water will keep them nice and tight . And later before I go to bed I apply Tazorac the topical gel 1% which I been on for a while and have noticed very good results but still have some white heads here and there and like a blemish or two once a month and it still hasn't been able to get rid of everything.

I think another attribute to which has also caused and will certainly help in my success to being acne-free is the B-5 supplements I have been taking which I would recommend try it out if you haven't already I have read that many have seen success with just take B-5 and its been more successful to ppl than Accutane, but you can search the web to find out a ton of info on it. But I am certain that my the few red marks I have will be gone very soon and god willing my acne will be too with this continued regimen.

Wish you all the best of luck biggrin.gif

MemberMember
(@sasha)

Posted : 11/15/2004 10:47 pm

Delna,

Do you think it matters if you use fresh lemons or the juice in the bottle form? I have the bottle, and it says it is 100% real lemon juice from concentrate. Also, what do you think of using the "Egg Beaters" form of egg whites that is sold in the carton, instead of real eggs? I'm sure 100% natural form is the best, but am curious if you or anyone thinks it matters a great deal. Is anyone using these as a substitute? Just curious....as I have these two things in my fridge already and want to try this soon! Thanks

MemberMember
(@delna)

Posted : 11/16/2004 10:28 am

Montana, u can do it anytime, as long as u dont over-do it! what best suits ur time shd be fine. The reason why I do it in the morning is coz, a moisturiser is a MUST when u do acv and baking soda. I dont use moisturiser when i go to sleep. skin needs to breathe more when we sleep. moisturiser clogs the pores, no matter what the label says. when we r up and about we cannot do without it because of the environment around us...dust, pollution, sunlight, etc...which is why skin needs to be protected during the day. so after all that hard work it does during the day..(fighting away the necessary evils heheh razz.gif )..at night, its begging us to let it breathe! so thats how i found out that cleaning my pores with the egg-white/lemon mask and then putting my BP on before i sleep, makes my skin happy!

hummelectrichumm..this is no miracle cure. in fact, there is no miracle cure. for any regimen to work, u need to do it religiously for atleast 2 weeks. and the most important thing of all is 'patience'. None of us have it. thats why our acne became worse than it ever was in the first place!

usershift, im so happy for you!! keep up the good work.

sasha, if u need ur skin to look FRESH again....think FRESH!! FRESH!! FRESH!!!

MemberMember
(@agentcooper)

Posted : 11/16/2004 10:51 am

i just had to add some advice...you should try mixing about a teaspoon of baking soda with a teaspoon of cetaphil extra gentle cleanser. it works way better than baking soda with water.

MemberMember
(@delna)

Posted : 11/16/2004 10:55 am

update on my skin...

its been 10 days since i started this regimen.

its just AMAZING how my red marks have faded! Actually, i cdnt cover-up my marks with make-up before. i always looked like ive put on a truck-load of foundation and it was obvious that i was trying to cover up my crappy skin. Now, my confidence just soars with make-up! I have not reached a point where i can go out without make-up...but i will get there...I SURE WILL! Im so so confident abt this regimen.

yesterday, I was trying on a shirt at TJ-max's. u know how they have these HUGE mirrors in the fitting room..and u know how spotless they are...so every mark, every scar on ur face just stares at u...to the point that u end up scrutinizing ur face instead of trying to see if the dress fits u! i hated fitting rooms. coz what comes out of there wd always be a more depressed and miserable me..

But yesterday in the fitting room...

i was staring at my face...yes, u cd see that im suffering from post acne scars..yes, u cd still make out red marks under make-up.., but, its nothing like it was before...my skin looked so even, my marks looked atleast a 20% lighter...and that glow...my God..the pre-acne glow which i thought i will never ever see again...

my skin has a long way to go, but i sure am getting there...and FAST!

Take care all of u!

MemberMember
(@delna)

Posted : 11/16/2004 11:00 am

i just had to add some advice...you should try mixing about a teaspoon of baking soda with a teaspoon of cetaphil extra gentle cleanser. it works way better than baking soda with water.

MemberMember
(@laukelekele)

Posted : 11/16/2004 11:50 am

Delna, how much baking soda do you use and how much water do you mix it with?

Thanks for sharing this method with us.

MemberMember
(@wantperfectskin)

Posted : 11/16/2004 12:51 pm

delna,

All I have to say is "Thank you, Thank you, Thank you". eusa_clap.gif

This regimen is amazing. My skin has not glowed like this in a long time. I changed my whole regimen including my cleanser so I think the combo that I am using is really working well for my skin.

MY REGIMEN:

Morning: Tea Tree Cleanser from Dessert Essence

DDF Matte - Finish Sunscreen SPF 30

Evening: Tea Tree Cleanser from Dessert Essence

Baking soda mixed with water

Organic apple cider vinegar w/water (wiped on with cotton ball and left on all night)

On occassion, I will use the Pure Deming Intense gel. I love this stuff too.

My face is clearing up really nice with the Tea Tree cleanser. I stopped using BP and differin/Retin A. I kept my regimen simple and it is just doing amazing things for my skin. I could not be more happy. Also, keep in mind that I have been drinking a lot of water and taking various vitamins.

I started exercising yesterday.

Also, I swtiched my shampoo/conditioner. I use Trader Joes Soy Milk shampoo and conditioner. My hair looks soooo good shock.gif (shiny and healthy). I am wearing it down (it is naturally straight) with no hairspray, gel, or other hair products. I love it. I know that it is not related to skin, but I wanted to let you know.

MemberMember
(@mx6_grl)

Posted : 11/16/2004 9:50 pm

wow.. seems like this regimen is receiving a ton of praise.. thanks for sharing Delna, and being so patient/thorough in regards to answering ppl's questions smile.gif

Here's a couple of my own - is this regimen only for ppl who arent on any medication, or can roaccutane users follow it as well? Also, can you use the regimen on other areas of the body, eg. back/chest/arms?