Notifications
Clear all

Red Inflamed Scarring On Chest

MemberMember
(@demonbabby)

Posted : 06/29/2015 3:17 pm

Hey guys and gals

A few years ago after multiple attempts at getting rid of my acne with "safe" prescription drugs with no avail, my dermatologist recommended Roaccutane (I believe this is simply the name given to the UK equivalent of accutane). Now this really did a great job at removing acne from my face, neck and back; however for some reason, the larger of the spots on my chest quickly developed into blood blisters (or they at least looked like them). After about a year, the blood blisters stopped having the wine-y colour to them, and left this bulky scars on my chest (the picture doesn't do a great job at showing them, but they are the red lumps on my mid-upper chest.

I have abandoned my dermatologist as it was beginning to get a little expensive, so I would just appreciate some advice or tips from you guys so I can keep appointments and such to a minimum and hopefully save some dosh :)

I realise this is probably one of the more minor cases on this forum, but never the less, I would appreciate any feedback.

I have attached the photo of my chest.

Thankyou all.

post-476392-0-19002800-1435609056.jpg

MemberMember
(@demonbabby)

Posted : 06/29/2015 3:35 pm

Just realised how bad the camera was at picking up everything. It looks a lot redder in reality!

And again: I realise it is no where near as bad as most stuff posted, but the amount of verbal abuse I get from people when I go swimming is just too much to bare even if it is so mild :(

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 06/29/2015 8:45 pm

I like an AHA like the one on this site acne.org AHA or use the Alpha Hydrox one...my skin is tough, especially my back chest and shoulders and I use this twice a day...every day

seriously try it (patch test first) once a day, then move up to twice a day if you don't have a reaction...I really think in 30 days you'll notice a big difference

good luck to you!

MemberMember
(@demonbabby)

Posted : 06/30/2015 9:16 am

Awesome! I will definitely try that!

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 06/30/2015 12:38 pm

if you aren't in the US you need to look for a 10% glycolic acid...again the acne.org one is good because it won't trigger other acne

and don't skip a day ever....morning and night (if you work up to it and your skin can handle it) - and I forgot to add, USE SUNSCREEN if you go out in the sun

good luck, come back in a month please and let us all know if it worked for you!

MemberMember
(@demonbabby)

Posted : 06/30/2015 3:21 pm

if you aren't in the US you need to look for a 10% glycolic acid...again the acne.org one is good because it won't trigger other acne

and don't skip a day ever....morning and night (if you work up to it and your skin can handle it) - and I forgot to add, USE SUNSCREEN if you go out in the sun

good luck, come back in a month please and let us all know if it worked for you!

Will do! And again, thank you very much for the advice!