Notifications
Clear all

Will Dermal Fillers Work For These Scars?

MemberMember
(@templeofdoom)

Posted : 06/06/2015 9:49 am

I've so far had 1 Enerjet treatment and 1 infini treatment.

Does anyone know if Dermal Fillers will do a good job in getting rid of these scars on my temple, (at least for a short time)

I'd have no problem going to a clinic every 12 months for fillers if they work effectively.

Let me know if you have any info/ or experience in Dermal Fillers working with similar scars.

Thanks

Kay24 liked
MemberMember
(@mcpk)

Posted : 06/09/2015 3:10 am

Dear templeofdoom,

first of all i would say that you got some pretty nice Improvement ! The scar is still deep an visible but the texture has improved alot so you should be proud of that :)

I am not a expert but i would say you should try subcision with dermafillers ? check out robertitoos blog he had some unbelieveable imrpovement with that treatment.

And you are very lucky that you do n not have scars on your checks and so on. So I think if you get 70%+ improvement no one will notice them anymore and they will not bother you ;)

MemberMember
(@sam)

Posted : 06/09/2015 7:31 am

I would try derma-rolling with light pressure of a 1 mm depth derma-roller.Derma-fillers are only temporary and dont last long,they may not fill in those scars in,so waste of money in my opinion.

MemberMember
(@templeofdoom)

Posted : 06/09/2015 2:01 pm

Hi Sam,

I really appreciate your response! Thanks!

I'm going to get 1 more Enerjet treatment to see if the texture can be improved further still. I'll definitely look into getting a Derma-Roller too. I've not used one yet at all.

I wouldn't mind getting fillers done, even every 6 months. It's the fact I've not seen any evidence, before/ After photos where fillers really made a huge difference to deep scars.

MemberMember
(@sour-grapes)

Posted : 06/10/2015 7:26 am

Fillers are fantastic for rolling scars, but you would need a large volume of filler to cover them up completely. Most people avoid going that route because it gets really expensive in a long run. If you can afford it - go for it.

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 06/10/2015 3:14 pm

Doesn't enerjet involve using fillers?

MemberMember
(@templeofdoom)

Posted : 06/10/2015 3:58 pm

Sour Grapes - Thanks for this info, that is what I wanted to hear. I was told the cost would be around 200 - 300 but I'll need to double check. I'm far from well off financially but I'd happily save and pay that every 12 months.

blahblah82 - Enerjet is like sharp injections punching fast into the skin, the swelling after seriously balloons right up and stays like that for 4 or 5 days, but there isn't a filler.

I'm booked in for another Enerjet treatment next week, then I'm going to go with Dermal Fillers.