Notifications
Clear all

Nose Bump Scar Cures & Treatments

MemberMember
(@givemeflawlessskin)

Posted : 07/04/2015 3:39 am

I have been putting 1% hydrocortisone cream on it and it feels like it shrunk my 20%but the red Mark hasn't decreased. And my doctor said no longer than one week application...

Melloman liked
MemberMember
(@givemeflawlessskin)

Posted : 07/08/2015 5:20 am

Why do you think witch hazel will help? I've seen no difference at all and witch hazel dries out pimples but not bumps.

Update - I've used cortisone 1% for 2 weeks everyday 3 times. The bump shrunk 70%, today I stopped using it and it immediately started returning to its usual size. :(

This is it shrunk 50-70%

post-475981-0-43864000-1436350779_thumb.

MemberMember
(@melloman)

Posted : 07/08/2015 10:15 am

I'll be updating here:

I'll add my finished results to this post later.

I've decided I'm doing vinegar. It will burn away the scar tissue and create an open wound, so I'll have to do it when I can stay in the house for at least 2 weeks. I don't know when that will be, so until then I'll keep applying the witch hazel. More information in the link below:

Why do you think witch hazel will help? I've seen no difference at all and witch hazel dries out pimples but not bumps.

Update - I've used cortisone 1% for 2 weeks everyday 3 times. The bump shrunk 70%, today I stopped using it and it immediately started returning to its usual size. :(

This is it shrunk 50-70%

Honestly, I thought it would reduce the bump over a 3 month period of time. The hazel tightens the skin, so over time that could lead to a flatter surface. Since nose bumps are smaller than most raised scars, the chance at success seemed greater.

But honestly, I thought it was 50/50, and I figured I'd do ot until I found another treatment. I didn't think it would give the results I wanted.

As for an update, I've noticed my scar will nearly flatten under certain conditions lately. But overall, no major progess after around 10 days of witch hazel. Of course it takes 3 months for real great results.

P.S.

Thanks for posting your results on here. Anyone else feel free to do so. It would be really helpful to these lost souls.

MemberMember
(@givemeflawlessskin)

Posted : 07/11/2015 2:58 am

My bump is now perm. 70% shrunk. I'm not even worried now. Thnx coritisone.

MemberMember
(@givemeflawlessskin)

Posted : 08/01/2015 10:23 am

Coritosne cream reduced bump by 70%. But now the skin is thinned and I'm getting holes/pores on the bump. These aren't normal pores they are deep, very deep and look permanent. Like an ice pick scar.

Melloman liked
MemberMember
(@melloman)

Posted : 08/04/2015 3:40 pm

Eeey Just wanna let you know I'm planning on starting next week! I just need to get the vinegar, and to figure out what to put on the wound. A bandaid or aloe avera? I'm doing more research on it so I can know what I'm gonna do.

Okay, so if I put stuff on it, it will either be gel bandaids or aloe vera. But aloe vera is apparently not benificial for severe wounds. It is listed as beneficial for acne (wounds?), but I'm still unsure if this wound would count as severe or not.

It also says severe wounds heal by drying up, which is true for many acne wounds. The blood and fluid crystalizes and forms a protective barrier. I'm not certain if I should leave it be or not.

August 8,

Yeah

I'm going to do Vinegar, and buy some Aloe Vera and some gel Band Aids/ Bandages.

People keep saying it's best to leave it uncovered, which I sort of agree with, but this wound will be slightly wide, though. I'll use the bandages just in case I need to cover it one day, and the Aloe Vera just in case I want to disinfect it for any reason at all.

I'm just not certain that apple cider vinegar has the same effect as vinegar, so I might just get vinegar instead. Or ask somebody. Calling the pharmacist.

MemberMember
(@melloman)

Posted : 08/06/2015 1:39 am

http://www.topix.com/forum/med/dermatology/TTBJJI77TIU3JDRIF/p22

"I got it!!!!!!! Listen up because this works!!!!! And it wont cost you a dime!!! Apply apple cider vinegar to your nose (has to be organic with the mother) this will deep clean your nose to avoid infections. Secondly, get metal tweezers (eyebrows)sterilize them in alchohol first. Then heat up the tip on fire for about 20 seconds or so, then spread the tweezers a little so you can use just one of the "legs", then put the tip of the tweezers directly in the middle or the "skin growth" and apply just a little pressure. The sharp hot tweezers will melt the bump!!!!(you might have to heat up the tweezers a few times to get all of it). Then use the flat side of the tweezers to level-out the bump to the rest of the nose surface. After you're done apply some more apple cider vinegar and put a bandage on it. After a week of so it will scab over and then... presto!!! I did it to my nose bump and I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooo happy with results!!!! No crater no bump no scar just perfect wow!!!!!!!! Thank me latter guys!!! Oh and by the way keep using the apple cider vinegar because there's nothing better to deep clean your face and refine pores that Organic Apple Cider Vinegar (with the mother). God Bless You All!!!!

-Jay"

Check it, it's like the one I'mma do.

MemberMember
(@givemeflawlessskin)

Posted : 09/15/2015 8:10 am

OMG THANK YOU.

But guess what.

So hydrocortisone has shrunk it by 80% and I was totally contented for 10 weeks. But recently I see it coming to a head again. I would like to try this over the school holidays which is in one week (your method) but what if it comes to a full head? Then I can't really try it and walk around school with a burn mark on my nose and a huge bandaid. Do you think I should it come to a head? I'm trying to prevent it coming to a head by putting more hydrocortisone on it.

Oh that wasn't your experience....

Well has your bump reduced?

Melloman liked
MemberMember
(@cm56giants)

Posted : 09/30/2015 12:43 pm

give me flawless, i think your bump may have something still in it, perhaps a doctor can lance it. You need to clean your nose pours, I reccomend facials. Good luck dude.

This is it shrunk 50-70%

MemberMember
(@melloman)

Posted : 10/06/2015 1:02 am

OMG THANK YOU.

But guess what.

So hydrocortisone has shrunk it by 80% and I was totally contented for 10 weeks. But recently I see it coming to a head again. I would like to try this over the school holidays which is in one week (your method) but what if it comes to a full head? Then I can't really try it and walk around school with a burn mark on my nose and a huge bandaid. Do you think I should it come to a head? I'm trying to prevent it coming to a head by putting more hydrocortisone on it.

Oh that wasn't your experience....

Well has your bump reduced?

I'm sorry, bro. I didn't even see your posts.
Yeah, I just started a second trial like 7 minutes ago! anyways, I'm dark so the scar lasts on me discolored for nearly a mnth before it starts to become less noticable. The first trial made the bump only about %30 smaller because i didn't do it correctly. Now I'm just now starting again, boy! yup yup

anyways, depending on ur skin tone, if you are light skinned, then it should look fine (red but good) in like 2-3 weeks. if you dark, it may take almost a month or a lil longer to look good. Just don't use bandaids! That prolongs the healing. learned that the hard way.

P.S.
I'm not talking about the apple cider vinegar method, I'm talking about the rubbing white vinegar on it method.

MemberMember
(@givemeflawlessskin)

Posted : 10/12/2015 9:15 am

I have used dermaroller 0.15mm on nose and its gone now :) cortisone sunk area a bit but im a girl and use concealer so no big deal. if youre a dude go straight to dermaroller

MemberMember
(@givemeflawlessskin)

Posted : 11/05/2015 10:05 am

bUMP IS 100% GONE. area no logner sunken. nose normal.

Melloman liked
MemberMember
(@melloman)

Posted : 11/24/2015 9:17 am

On 10/12/2015, 911, givemeflawlessskin said:

I have used dermaroller 0.15mm on nose and its gone now :) cortisone sunk area a bit but im a girl and use concealer so no big deal. if youre a dude go straight to dermaroller

OMG!  So you saying I can skip the Cortisone shit and go straight for the dermaroller???  Thanks for your updates!  We all love you for them!

MemberMember
(@scarreddodo)

Posted : 12/14/2015 2:48 pm

Hi guys.

Little introduction.

Guy, 27 years old. Mild acne scarring.

Also losing my hair.:(

Been lurking enough,now it's time to post.

So my story...

Ive had hypertrophic scars on my nose about 5 of them.It bothered to the bone.

So searching the web for a quick fix about 5 months ago.Read about the ACV to treat them.So i thought i will give it a go and i was an idiot!

Ive burned the side of my nose. After it healt kinda ive been using silcone sheets 24/7for 4 months. Sadly it did not workedto greatly. The inflammation is a lot less!Still using it whe I'mhome like another hypertrophic scar on my nose wich seems much better! (Not gone)

The situation now.

There is a scarred area with a hole in it and on top of that the hypertrophic scar is still there

Ive been using ACV dilluted on my whole nose and it peelt.Right nowit looks little better except that scar.

Been using TTO since last week wich also seems to peel.

Today ive received CP i try to use that too. Also for my acne scars. Is it wise to dermaroll over that nose scar with 0.25mm? Also have 0.5mm and 1mm.Ive heard it's dangerous rolling your nose.

Ive been depressed for months now .I really hope this gonna work a bit.This is my last try before i seek professional help. Maybe i will try Iodine after i tried it all.

Any suggestions are really welcome!

MemberMember
(@scarreddodo)

Posted : 12/19/2015 4:11 am

Hi guys,

Since the day i posted ive been aplying betadine (jodium shampoo) to that scar on my nose.

2 times a day the only downside is it makes my skin red and sometimes i can feel some stinging. Also at night silicone sheet on top of it. 

I seriously can't believe it that scar had al kind of shapes. There was a frikkin hole in it also hypertrophic on the sides. Like a volcano bit on my nose.

It was a mess!

But now the scar is already more flat than all the months of using silicone sheets alone! ( scaraway for the night and dermatix for the days.) Also that hole is almost gone. The scar is not gone just a lot less notable! :)

Ive read alot of forums last couple of days all about the lugol's iodine (3 types of jodium) study.

Some succes stories. But most of them where negative.

I just thought i give it a try!

Some things i don't understand how it happend. Is the scar just started regenerating now? It's been only 5 days. We all know it takes months to see results. But i read a post of someone who had results in 4 days. Secondly Lugol's have other ingredients in it than that betadine shampoo i used.

Sadly enough i did not take before and after pictures. The active ingredient in that shampoo is povidone iodine.

I will keep you guys updated!

Hi,

I did not thought ill be back this soon :) But my skin is actually regerating itself!

After all the things ive tried this is the answer!

The thing is ive tried everything at home to reduce this scars. Nothing worked. The sad part is i had this shampoo a long time because i had seborrheic eczema.

Edit: after i posted i received Lugol's Iodine @ 5%. TBH i think betadine is the better solution for me iodine is way to rough especially on the nose.

First my big scar was slighty red bit healing now it's bright red but healing it seems.

I also aplied it on the side of my nose i also have lot of different scars there. That's already looking good seems kinda fast doesn't it? Right now it's all peeling and some do look great already. I know the scars are not gone but if it's healing the same way on all the others i think i can live with that too :) .

I don't really know how it's going really well for me. Maybe it's my diet. I eat alot of fish i mean alot, also vegables of course and fruit. When i eat meat which is rare it's most of the time chicken.

MemberMember
(@naturelnicoro)

Posted : 12/27/2015 9:30 am

On 10/12/2015, 1011, givemeflawlessskin said:

I'd like to add. I have about 2.5 raised scars on my left nostril. The scars are years old, and I can add that dermarollling has helped with the appearance, but I stopped doing that, so my bump didn't stay flat.

Another thing that I have heard that works good for raised/hypertrophic scarring is silicon scar sheets after the dermarolling when the scar has started to flatten out some and lose volume.

My scar looks much better than it did when I first got it, but I want it to look like regular skin and not a blob, so I'm gonna start this regimen back up because I plan on getting my nose pierced and I don't want it to look weird with bumps on one side. Ew.

I also wouldn't recommend using anything that burns the skin on the nose because it is just damaging the skin on the surface and not the layers underneath where the scar formed.

I use witch hazel as a toner and it did nothing for my raised scars, and I have tried tea tree oil in the past, but that has not helped.

The only thing that has helped are the things I mentioned in the post before. ^

MemberMember
(@scarreddodo)

Posted : 12/31/2015 3:02 am

Back again with an update.

The scars on the side of my nose are really looking great i think a 60% improvement.

About 10 days ago the other scar got a scab. Yesterday it feltoff.

I think i'm seeing ~40% improvement!The sides are not that raised anymore and the hole filled a little.

I will continue using this method.

Also for the scars on the side of my nose ive been using iodine with vaseline. It's easier to get rid of the stain and the area heals faster it seems

MemberMember
(@de-rerum-natura)

Posted : 12/31/2015 11:56 am

Dodo, can you tell please how youare applyingand how many times/day are youapplying the iodo? You wash your face minutes after apply you just leave it? Ty
im about to try this method on a big scar that i have on my knee dont know if this will be effective on a big hypertrophic scar

MemberMember
(@scarreddodo)

Posted : 01/02/2016 9:38 am

On 31-12-2015 1707, alag35 said:

Dodo, can you tell please how youare applyingand how many times/day are youapplying the iodo? You wash your face minutes after apply you just leave it? Ty
im about to try this method on a big scar that i have on my knee dont know if this will be effective on a big hypertrophic scar

Hi, for the first 3-4 days ive applied it 3-4 times a day. After that 2 times a day because it became a scab. So that means thehealing process has started. And yes it needs to stay on the scar. Just put it on and let it dry.

I discontinued 4 days after the scab formed .Simply because it was on my nose. Some colleagues wondered what i have done to my nose. I just said i hit something.But you can just apply it for a longer period if you like for better results. Good luck!

My scar right now isinflammend. But it still looks much better than it did. I just hope it won't take months like before i just got the scar. Ive applied emu oil for 2 days now. Does anyone has a better idea?

MemberMember
(@de-rerum-natura)

Posted : 01/02/2016 8:29 pm

thank you for providing these informations dodo.
and for inflamation you can look for aloevera or a corticosteroid cream

MemberMember
(@scarreddodo)

Posted : 01/20/2016 9:37 am

Got a new method.
Ive been mixing 50% iodine with 25% betadine and 25% emu oil. For 2.5% solution.

The results are even better and it does not stain or scab. The healing seems to be underneath the skin.

Emu oil is a vehicle i'm using so the iodine penetrades better to the deeper layers of the skin.
This works better in case of hypertrophic scars it seems. Seems logical.

The "big"  scar on my nose is still there sadly. Ive been applying iodine on and off because yeah i'm kind of ashamed walking around with a red nose. So i stopt. But not giving up! Started my new method just 2 days ago on that spot and only applying in the evening and leave it till morning. It's inflammed right now :((which is a good sign).I really just need some free time so i can isolate myself :D

But the scars on the side of my nose also hypertrophic are almost gone! Using this method 2 weeks on that spot. Raw iodine method seemed to be to strong for my nose i think. It scabs but the end results where there but not that great TBH. I think i just needed to hold on. But like i said i just feel ashamed to walk around with a red nose.

The reason i said i need to hold on is that acne scars on my chest are looking great after 2 weeks of using iodine twice a day. The peeling took like 3 weeks and it's still not done.
My chest skin texture is much better!
Sometimes i'm just glad i'm single and living alone. So nobody gets to see what i'm doing because it looks horrible large iodine spots on your skin.
Soon i start using iodine again on my chest but for a much longer time.
Hoping i can resolve hypopigmentation and also getting even better results.

I will update on any progress/changes.

MemberMember
(@charles360)

Posted : 04/26/2017 1:25 am

I will use silicone sheets. If this doesn't work, my second option is Laser CO2 ablative. Thoughts?