Notifications
Clear all

Can You Recommend A Doctor?

MemberMember
(@ang22)

Posted : 04/24/2015 11:54 am

Hello! I'm Ang and I just found this site. I have severe scars on my cheeks and am trying to decide where I need to go to be best treated. I don't live near any acne scar treatments besides just laser and from what I have read, that's not where I should start. So I will need to be flying to a good acne scar doctor. I have mostly boxcars and ice picks with some rolling in there too. I wish I had the guts to post a pic but I just don't at this time. You are all looking great though from your pictures! It all seems pretty mild compares to mine... but I think that's what everyone thinks! Anyway...let me know if you have a name for me! I have talked to Gateway laser but I think their procedure is for deep rolling scars and that's not really what I have. He recommended 20 excisions and subcision and repair laser from my pictures. I'm waiting to hear back from Rapaport. Thanks so much ya'll.

MemberMember
(@hope01)

Posted : 04/24/2015 3:48 pm

Hello! I'm Ang and I just found this site. I have severe scars on my cheeks and am trying to decide where I need to go to be best treated. I don't live near any acne scar treatments besides just laser and from what I have read, that's not where I should start. So I will need to be flying to a good acne scar doctor. I have mostly boxcars and ice picks with some rolling in there too. I wish I had the guts to post a pic but I just don't at this time. You are all looking great though from your pictures! It all seems pretty mild compares to mine... but I think that's what everyone thinks! Anyway...let me know if you have a name for me! I have talked to Gateway laser but I think their procedure is for deep rolling scars and that's not really what I have. He recommended 20 excisions and subcision and repair laser from my pictures. I'm waiting to hear back from Rapaport. Thanks so much ya'll.

for the rollling get subcision done for the boxcar scars probz again subcision look at robertioos post on this thread its very good i believe he will get good results. For your ice pick scar if you have a few of them then excision. p.s do your research on rapaport.

for the rollling get subcision done for the boxcar scars probz again subcision look at robertioos post on this thread its very good i believe he will get good results. For your ice pick scar if you have a few of them then excision. p.s do your research on rapaport.

for a docter look up dr niamtu in my opinion he seems good

MemberMember
(@ang22)

Posted : 04/24/2015 4:41 pm

>

for a docter look up dr niamtu in my opinion he seems good

Thanks so much for the reply!

Have you heard bad about Rapaport? Where should I look to research? Sorry so many questions!

I'm overwhelmed with the task of finding who is going to be the most help for me! I looked at Niamtu but it looked like he was all about the lasers. I'm wondering what everyone thinks of TCA cross is this just if you have a couple ice pick scars? I have many more than a couple...:(

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 04/24/2015 9:47 pm

Day 30 today - Yeah, right now i'm looking at a whopping 75%-100% improvement (both rolling & boxcar scars) from subcision + microneedling + suction, some scars popped back up but they don't look nowhere near as bad as they did before. lots of scars never came back especially on my right cheek and temples. It's important to note that further improvement is still probable, therefore I plan on uploading more pictures in 2-4 weeks, prior to microneedling, to share and assess results with you guys

It feels good.

Ang22 liked
MemberMember
(@ang22)

Posted : 04/25/2015 3:48 pm

Day 30 today - Yeah, right now i'm looking at a whopping 75%-100% improvement (both rolling & boxcar scars) from subcision + microneedling + suction, some scars popped back up but they don't look nowhere near as bad as they did before. lots of scars never came back especially on my right cheek and temples. It's important to note that further improvement is still probable, therefore I plan on uploading more pictures in 2-4 weeks, prior to microneedling, to share and assess results with you guys

It feels good.

Wow that's awesome! Did you do that all in one day then? How long were you swollen for? Looking forward to hearing how it goes for you! THanks for replying!

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 04/25/2015 4:36 pm

It feels good.

Wow that's awesome! Did you do that all in one day then? How long were you swollen for? Looking forward to hearing how it goes for you! THanks for replying!

MemberMember
(@ang22)

Posted : 04/25/2015 6:46 pm

Thanks! Does anyone know how to upload pics? I tried sending pics from my phone to email and then downloaded onto my computer and tried to upload on here but it said I wasn't allowed to upload that kind of file...

MemberMember
(@ang22)

Posted : 04/25/2015 7:11 pm

Best treatment?

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 04/25/2015 7:49 pm

Best treatment?

Few rounds of Vbeam PERFECTA (2-4) followed by TCA cross combined with full face tca peels (15-30%) you'll most likely need several rounds (2-5) then finish off with subcision + suction and microneedling OR ablative laser which would be optimal for your type of scarring (shallow ice pick & boxcar).

Alternatively, if you're necessarily not well off or you plan on holding off treatments for later time, you can go Vbeam Perfecta (1-3 rounds) (this will improve your erythema substantially & I highly recommend it) then start alternating microneedling + 15% tca peels.

Where are you located?

MemberMember
(@ang22)

Posted : 04/25/2015 8:00 pm

Im in the upper Midwest. Would have to drive 5 hours and fly out to be treated. Any combined treatments I can do? I can't start until the fall. I also have rolling scars here too. I know.. It's severe and so embarrassing! My other cheek is not half as bad. Do you think I can get considerable improvement in 3 times of going? Who does this kind of scarring best? Dr Rullan is who you saw?

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 04/25/2015 8:08 pm

What state do you live in?

MemberMember
(@ang22)

Posted : 04/25/2015 8:12 pm

Best treatment?

Few rounds of Vbeam PERFECTA (2-4) followed by TCA cross combined with full face tca peels (15-30%) you'll most likely need several rounds (2-5) then finish off with subcision + suction and microneedling OR ablative laser which would be optimal for your type of scarring (shallow ice pick & boxcar).

Alternatively, if you're necessarily not well off or you plan on holding off treatments for later time, you can go Vbeam Perfecta (1-3 rounds) (this will improve your erythema substantially & I highly recommend it) then start alternating microneedling + 15% tca peels.

Where are you located?

Thanks so so much for your input. I actually can't do anything right now for health reasons. But will start in the fall. I will look into starting with micro needling. I know I need professional help though and I can afford to do it to a certain degree. Will have to take into consideration plane tickets and hotels too! Just need info on which direction to fly:)

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 04/25/2015 8:12 pm

Subcision + Microneedling/Tca alternating results: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3996784/

Subcision + suction results: http://www.owndoc.com/pdf/therapy-in-treatment-of-atrophic-acne-scars.pdf

keep these in the back of your mind..

there's also ablative lasers but I don't know much about those.

MemberMember
(@ang22)

Posted : 04/25/2015 8:15 pm

Here is a pic of the rolling. Would they respond to subcision you think?

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 04/25/2015 8:19 pm

Here is a pic of the rolling. Would they respond to subcision you think?

yeah definitely especially if you follow the suction protocol. are you sure no derms or surgeons are nearby?

MemberMember
(@freshstart2014)

Posted : 04/25/2015 8:34 pm

Treating the redness will make a big difference. Might be a good first step.

Have you heard of Mark Taylor? Saw some good reviews on RealSelf. It's a good resource for before/after pics and doc reviews. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@ang22)

Posted : 04/25/2015 8:43 pm

Nothing that I can find! Eh... I think the closest is Chicago and I looked at dr anil shah. Long long drive for me but it's possible. Do you think I should start with subcision and micro needling?

I can find many dr that do the ablative laser but I just think that comes later after subcision and excision or tca cross maybe? Don't think lasers fix ice pick scars...

Have you heard of Mark Taylor? Saw some good reviews on RealSelf. It's a good resource for before/after pics and doc reviews. Good luck!

Hi. I emailed mark Taylor he quoted 7k doing subcision, 20 excisions and fraxel repair. Still keeping that in mind but 20 excisions!! Yikes that scares the crap out I me!

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 04/25/2015 8:44 pm

Mark Taylor would be another good option. Plus he's in Utah.. The downside would be that he would probably want to persuade you to get some sort of laser...but you can take the studies I posted and have him assess them. Come out assertive and tell him you want to strictly do those procedures only. But I highly suggest you treat the Redness first.

MemberMember
(@freshstart2014)

Posted : 04/25/2015 8:49 pm

Hi. I emailed mark Taylor he quoted 7k doing subcision, 20 excisions and fraxel repair. Still keeping that in mind but 20 excisions!! Yikes that scares the crap out I me!

Ang22 liked
MemberMember
(@ang22)

Posted : 04/25/2015 9:26 pm

Thanks that would be awesome! I have looked into

Dr Chen

Dr shah

Dr rapport

Dr Rullan

Dr Taylor

Let me know any good bad things you know...

I can do v beam a couple times near me I found.

MemberMember
(@freshstart2014)

Posted : 04/25/2015 9:44 pm

Oh, just remembered. Send a note to Dr Jason Emer. He's in Beverly Hills now. Used to be in San Fran. He might be a derm surgeon (vs PS) But experienced nonetheless. I exchanged emails with him a few times. Real nice guy...seemed to really care. His reco (punch excision) is what I'm doing right now, though not with him (not in my area). He gets great reviews.

MemberMember
(@ang22)

Posted : 04/26/2015 10:30 am

Oh, just remembered. Send a note to Dr Jason Emer. He's in Beverly Hills now. Used to be in San Fran. He might be a derm surgeon (vs PS) But experienced nonetheless. I exchanged emails with him a few times. Real nice guy...seemed to really care. His reco (punch excision) is what I'm doing right now, though not with him (not in my area). He gets great reviews.

Yeah he looks great! Thanks for the suggestion!!

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 04/27/2015 12:39 am

Of the ones you listed, I think Dr Mark Taylor has the most specialization in acne scarring. Also, some of his patients have posted online and showed tremendous results. The one caveat is that there is no long term updates from those people who posted on Realself. It seems like he takes a very aggressive approach. Rapaport is very expensive, and I have spoken to people who were not impressed with his skills. Plus, I have not seen any impressive before and afters online for him. Dr. Jason Emer seems to promote himself quite aggressively online, and I find some of his reviews suspect. That's not to say that he isn't a good doctor, but he is young and doesn't have as much of a track record. He does seem to promote his specialization in treating acne scars though.

MemberMember
(@freshstart2014)

Posted : 04/27/2015 8:47 am

Of the ones you listed, I think Dr Mark Taylor has the most specialization in acne scarring. Also, some of his patients have posted online and showed tremendous results. The one caveat is that there is no long term updates from those people who posted on Realself. It seems like he takes a very aggressive approach. Rapaport is very expensive, and I have spoken to people who were not impressed with his skills. Plus, I have not seen any impressive before and afters online for him. Dr. Jason Emer seems to promote himself quite aggressively online, and I find some of his reviews suspect. That's not to say that he isn't a good doctor, but he is young and doesn't have as much of a track record. He does seem to promote his specialization in treating acne scars though.

Based on what I've seen online, I think Rappaport is overrated.

Re: Dr. Emer. I suppose some of the good reviews could be fake but I personally think they're a true testament to his character and skill. His compassion and committment to doing the best job possible were really apparent even in his emails. Plus, he sent me a few before and after pics of his work on acne scarring (which I can't find right now) and they were very impressive.

Whatever you do, I'd stay away from Dr. Philip Young (in Washington, I think). I've read some horrible stuff about his work and after care.

MemberMember
(@ang22)

Posted : 04/27/2015 9:16 am

Based on what I've seen online, I think Rappaport is overrated.

Re: Dr. Emer. I suppose some of the good reviews could be fake but I personally think they're a true testament to his character and skill. His compassion and committment to doing the best job possible were really apparent even in his emails. Plus, he sent me a few before and after pics of his work on acne scarring (which I can't find right now) and they were very impressive.

Whatever you do, I'd stay away from Dr. Philip Young (in Washington, I think). I've read some horrible stuff about his work and after care.

Yeah I saw his bad reviews too! I didnt even put him on the list for that reason. I will email Dr Emer. Haven't heard back from rapport but I will keep that in mind! Thanks!

Yeah I was confused too that his specialty is acne scars and he has no good photos! And on real self he tells people to make sure you can view a doctors before and afters! All of his look many many years old with crap cameras!