Notifications
Clear all

Are These Scars?

MemberMember
(@gtgb95)

Posted : 02/24/2015 5:53 am

Hi guys,

Are the red areas in these 2 photos scarring? If so what is the name of this type of scarring?

I've had most of them for 3 or 4 months and I am getting so frustrated that they are not improving, and the fact that every single white head I get is leaving new ones!

I'm actually suprised because they look better in these photos than they do in the mirror (I hope this is more like what they look like to other people!)

Lastly, if this is scarring what are the best ways to treat it?

At the moment I am on erythromycin and am washing with hibi scrub and putting Epiduo on those red areas and areas with new spots before I go to bed.

post-452983-0-53833600-1424774966.jpg

post-452983-0-58802900-1424775114.jpg

MemberMember
(@gtgb95)

Posted : 02/24/2015 5:52 pm

Anyone?

MemberMember
(@megtree)

Posted : 02/24/2015 5:59 pm

*MOD EDIT* - Moved to this topic to "Scar/ red marks treatment forum*

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 02/24/2015 7:14 pm

You notice them more then people, trust me. Unless that person is self contentious about their skin as well..

You have mild rolling scars that wont necessarily improve if left alone.

I bet the drug you're taking and epiduo (benzoyl peroxide) are taking a big toll on your face. Your face looks very irritated and I bet you don't wear sunscreen.

MemberMember
(@gtgb95)

Posted : 02/24/2015 7:25 pm

You notice them more then people, trust me. Unless that person is self contentious about their skin as well..

I bet the drug you're taking and epiduo (benzoyl peroxide) are taking a big toll on your face. Your face looks very irritated and I bet you don't wear sunscreen.

Thanks for the reply!

What is the best way to treat mild rolling scars?

Yes my face is very irritated and goes red very often, is there anything I can do about this? I am not keen on the epiduo but I am worried about new spots developing if I don't use it, as they seem to be scarring straight away.

Should I be wearing suncreen when I am indoors? Believe it or not I do now (in the last month) put suncreen on when I go outside, although I don't put it on when it is cloudy?

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 02/24/2015 8:16 pm

Thanks for the reply!

What is the best way to treat mild rolling scars?

Yes my face is very irritated and goes red very often, is there anything I can do about this? I am not keen on the epiduo but I am worried about new spots developing if I don't use it, as they seem to be scarring straight away.

Should I be wearing suncreen when I am indoors? Believe it or not I do now (in the last month) put suncreen on when I go outside, although I don't put it on when it is cloudy?

Was it Epiduo or the drug that cleared you?

Best way to treat rolling scars would be subcision, microneedling & or fillers. Lasers are garbage, expensive and usually a hit & miss!

You have some sort of Erythema, no joke my face looked like yours 6 months ago..

If I were you i'd try to find out whether Epiduo or the drug cleared me. If it was the drug I would stop epiduo and switch to a more gentler skin care system that includes oil cleansing, Avene Thermal Water, & Hyaluronic and a moisturizer of your choice. Along with strict sunscreen usage EVEN on cloudy days. If you're worried about more acne I suggest looking into weekly/bi weekly 15% Salicylic acid peels.

MemberMember
(@gtgb95)

Posted : 02/25/2015 4:08 am

Was it Epiduo or the drug that cleared you?

Best way to treat rolling scars would be subcision, microneedling & or fillers. Lasers are garbage, expensive and usually a hit & miss!

You have some sort of Erythema, no joke my face looked like yours 6 months ago..

If I were you i'd try to find out whether Epiduo or the drug cleared me. If it was the drug I would stop epiduo and switch to a more gentler skin care system that includes oil cleansing, Avene Thermal Water, & Hyaluronic and a moisturizer of your choice. Along with strict sunscreen usage EVEN on cloudy days. If you're worried about more acne I suggest looking into weekly/bi weekly 15% Salicylic acid peels.

Thank you again.

That is worrying with the Erythema, does anyone else on this forum feel that my face looks irritated/red as well?

Itell my family that I think my face is red and irritable, but they all thing I am worrying about nothing.

Ok so I only need to wear suncreen when I'm outdoors for more than 5 minutes (no matter what the weather), would that be fair?

MemberMember
(@kay24)

Posted : 02/25/2015 1:49 pm

When your skin is dried out, scars are more likely to form if the skin is damaged by acne inflammation or a cut. I never had scars until i started using a prescribed topical that dried me out. Your skin does look a bit irritated. Use a cucumber mask, or just let cucumber slices rest on your skin. Does wonders for irritation and moisturizing. You need to have a good moisturizing aspect to your skincare routine. I use Vaseline lotion for my super sensitive skin. My skins naturally oily, but no matter what moisturizing is great for skin and needed for repair.

When the redness subsides, the scars won't look bad. They are indented scars. I'd buy a dermastamp and stamp just the scars once every 4-6 weeks. Vitamin c serum is good to boost collagen, as is oral vitamin c consumption and vitamin d.

Peeled potato slices helps heal hyperpigmentation if you religiously let it sit on your skin for 30 minutes twice daily. I do this and redness is sometimes completely gone in 2 weeks that would've taken 6 months. Some people aren't into alternative shit though. Chemical peels are the ultimate red mark removers though imo. If you do a peel, you need to become obsessive about the sunscreen.

You don't have any active acne and mild scaring. I think your skins in good shape and with a little treatment it'll be all good.

MemberMember
(@gtgb95)

Posted : 02/25/2015 5:08 pm

When your skin is dried out, scars are more likely to form if the skin is damaged by acne inflammation or a cut. I never had scars until i started using a prescribed topical that dried me out. Your skin does look a bit irritated. Use a cucumber mask, or just let cucumber slices rest on your skin. Does wonders for irritation and moisturizing. You need to have a good moisturizing aspect to your skincare routine. I use Vaseline lotion for my super sensitive skin. My skins naturally oily, but no matter what moisturizing is great for skin and needed for repair.

When the redness subsides, the scars won't look bad. They are indented scars. I'd buy a dermastamp and stamp just the scars once every 4-6 weeks. Vitamin c serum is good to boost collagen, as is oral vitamin c consumption and vitamin d.

Peeled potato slices helps heal hyperpigmentation if you religiously let it sit on your skin for 30 minutes twice daily. I do this and redness is sometimes completely gone in 2 weeks that would've taken 6 months. Some people aren't into alternative shit though. Chemical peels are the ultimate red mark removers though imo. If you do a peel, you need to become obsessive about the sunscreen.

You don't have any active acne and mild scaring. I think your skins in good shape and with a little treatment it'll be all good.

Thank you, appreciate all the helpful advice i am getting here.

Interesting what you are saying about dryness and scarring, hibi scrub may be the reason why all my spots left scars as it really does dry out my skin.

The worrying thing about my redness is is that I am going to dubai for 2 weeks next month, I hope loading up on sunscreen is going to prevent the redness getting really out of hand!

Also,sorry for being so stupid, but would anyone mind telling me how often I should be wearing sunscreen?

Some days when I work long hours I might only be outside for 10/15 minutes, if that is the case do I still put it on?

MemberMember
(@gtgb95)

Posted : 02/27/2015 5:43 am

Thank you, appreciate all the helpful advice i am getting here.

Interesting what you are saying about dryness and scarring, hibi scrub may be the reason why all my spots left scars as it really does dry out my skin.

The worrying thing about my redness is is that I am going to dubai for 2 weeks next month, I hope loading up on sunscreen is going to prevent the redness getting really out of hand!

Also,sorry for being so stupid, but would anyone mind telling me how often I should be wearing sunscreen?

Some days when I work long hours I might only be outside for 10/15 minutes, if that is the case do I still put it on?

Bump