Notifications
Clear all

Large Rolling Scar Treatment, Much Success

MemberMember
(@octopirox)

Posted : 02/19/2015 9:50 pm

Who has had success with revising rolling scars, and which procedures have helped the most?

For me, the best results have been from a combination of excisions and subcisions with solid dermal fillers such as alloderm and fascia lata. Soft tissue implants or scaffolds, I guess they could be called. Regenerative tissue matrices.

I will look for some relevant pictures soon. Other methods of collagen stimulation have been attempted such as needling and dermarolling, skin peels, ultrasound and manual exfoliation. I still like to do occasional Jessner peels and should try to use topical retinoids on a more frequent basis.

Excisions were a huge improvement on the largest and deepest scars, all caused by cystic acne, and much of the leveling out occurred through the healing process of up to a year after excisions. Soft tissue implants have been much the same, although surprisingly less remarkable. Excisions are best done through an experienced plastic surgeon... mine was somewhat aloof.

My last procedure involved subcisions with soft tissue implants, along with Infini RF needling. Needling was done with "Sculptra" liquid filler applied topically to aid in collagen stimulation. Cool stuff, really.

From what I gather here, single needling, possibly with saline injection, along with acid peels could produce significant results for very little cost. I've wanted to try single needling myself and always chicken out. Have not had fun with needle sensations.

Only plans for the foreseeable future are to get some Sculptra injections for a couple of remaining depressed areas and nasolabial folds from aging.

malia02, Nope.avi, Robertitoo and 1 people liked
MemberMember
(@fory0608)

Posted : 02/23/2016 5:02 pm

I had subcision with infini 5 days ago. its to early to see results due swelling. I'll keep you posted.