Notifications
Clear all

Good Doctor For Acne Scars In The Midwest? And What Treatment To Seek?

MemberMember
(@bluedog88)

Posted : 02/19/2015 12:30 am

I have mild acne scarring-mostly rolling scars. I'm looking into getting treatment done. Does anyone have suggestions for a good derm/cosmetic surgeon somewhere in the midwest? I'm located in southeast michigan but would not mind driving a bit if it was worth it!

And any suggestions for treatment? It seems like this site has a lot of positive things to say about subcision? I have a fulltime job without a lot of vacation so I was hoping for something with little downtime, but I know that may not be an option. What about microneedling?

Thanks in advance for any help

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 02/19/2015 10:50 am

rolling scars respond well to derma stamping...I've been at it for years...read up on the owndoc.com forum and educate yourself

I am using a 1.5mm stamp, but built up from 0.5mm when I started...I use either the copper peptide serum from the owndoc.com site or a vitamin C serum, I mix it up a bit...I stamp about every 10 days to 2 weeks...no question the rolling scars have improved

but slow and steady progress, and cheap!

if you have money the fraxel lasers will go faster but there is downtime- NO downtime from stamping, I do it before I go to bed, next day it's a bit red but I use a mineral cover concealer, but it's just not that bad

good luck to you- read up and educate yourself and make your plan!

MemberMember
(@bluedog88)

Posted : 02/19/2015 8:26 pm

rolling scars respond well to derma stamping...I've been at it for years...read up on the owndoc.com forum and educate yourself

I am using a 1.5mm stamp, but built up from 0.5mm when I started...I use either the copper peptide serum from the owndoc.com site or a vitamin C serum, I mix it up a bit...I stamp about every 10 days to 2 weeks...no question the rolling scars have improved

but slow and steady progress, and cheap!

if you have money the fraxel lasers will go faster but there is downtime- NO downtime from stamping, I do it before I go to bed, next day it's a bit red but I use a mineral cover concealer, but it's just not that bad

good luck to you- read up and educate yourself and make your plan!

thanks for your response! do you only stamp (without rolling)? and approximately how long did it take you to see any results?

also, thanks for the link to owndoc. I will be reading up on there and may just try to start really simple (.5 stamp, no roller, infrequently) to see how I react. any other tips?

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 02/19/2015 9:48 pm

I just could never get the hang of rolling...and my scars are numerous but scattered, so for me stamping just made sense.

clean your skin really well, then stamp 6 times moving around on each scar and stamp hard, I draw pinpoint blood with the 1.5mm...and then clean the stamp really well- I swish in antibacterial dish soap then rinse in hot water then soak in isopropyl alcohol over night

right after I stamp I put the topical (again either copper peptides or vitamin C) and I put it on again in about an hour...

and that's it...easy and slow and steady progress....that owndoc site is great though, there is a forum there too

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 02/25/2015 3:19 am

Look if there are any groupon deals for dermapen with PRP near your area.