Notifications
Clear all

My Experience With Fractional Lasers (Before After Pics)

MemberMember
(@pianina)

Posted : 02/13/2015 9:25 am

Nah I wish. I took some pics before I started laser back in 2013 but when I got a new phone they all disappeared -blah! So far I've done the erbium laser, then 2 co2's, a few ipl's then 2 fraxel restores. All I want is my raised scars flattened I cant figure out why its so hard they arent even that raised they just look super weird if that makes any sense. I did see a plastic surgeon that wanted to do dermabrasion on the chin area and I was going to do it until they told me I had to be off spiro for 2 weeks which is way too scary for me to think about right now. I wanted him to just numb me up and do the surgery while I was awake but he wont do that so for now I will do a few more restores then re-assess and go from there.

As far as ablative goes the erbium and the co2 i had were fully ablative and I didnt see much of a result but I think if you are going to do it you gotta go pretty darn deep to even get down to the scar. I almost think in many ways dermabrasion is so much better because the surgeon can go a lot deeper (its not set on a certain setting like laser but there is more room for error in a way) and customize the treatment for the particular scar but most times they wont even do that until subcision has been done. I would think they would want the scar raised up as much as possible so that the dermabrasion could be done just to finish it off.

I know fraxel repair goes pretty deep but i know the recovery is longer as well. I would go see a few more docs and really do your research and then mention the various lasers and what they can do and go from there. Ask about spot dermabrasion too. The more informed you are the more it will help you decide what is best.

I tried to google if you can get any surgery while on Spiro, but they only info I found was that you should inform the surgeon about taking it. Did they tell you what complications you might get and why they didn't dare to do it? 2 weeks off Spiro sounds craaazy and would probably wreack havoc! I'm gonna do a little nose correction this year, but if they want me to stay off Spiro - thanks but no thanks!!

Idk, dermabrasion sounds so scary... So after you did ablative laser, did you have to put some real thick moisturizer on? Did that not break you out? How long did your skin look raw red?

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 02/13/2015 12:16 pm

yeah i called and asked them twice and they said because it lowers my blood pressure and raises potassium so they like their patients to be off of it for 2 weeks. i told them thats insane i cant risk getting more scars while trying to fix the ones i have now. a friend of mine is going to have surgery at some point and asked and i think they told her not to take it the day before or the day of surgery. dermabrasion does sound scary but it can really produce some amazing results. yeah after the ablative laser i had to use aquaphor and it didnt break me out because i was on antibiotics. i think i had to use it for about a week. most places are very strict with being on antibiotics with ablative laser (you take it 2 days before, day of and 2 days after but sometimes they like you to be on them for a week) as well as anti-viral meds is they are doing anything close to your mouth. its nice though because you worry less about breaking out.

with the co2 my skin was pink for about 3-4 months. i wore makeup after a week or so.