Notifications
Clear all

Scar On Nose - Treatment Options?

MemberMember
(@fourcats)

Posted : 01/14/2015 10:50 am

Hey guys I have this scar on my nose thats been on there for about 7 months and its really bothering me. It used to be really red and raised but Ive found that in the first 3-4 months it went down abit but now its really stalling and not progressing.

Ive started to use sunscreen in hopes to reduce redness but I want advice on how I can actually reduce the size. I went to the derm and he injected a steroid but that did not help much. I've been reading online and seen options such as silicone sheets, mederma, bio oil and a whole lot of other stuff. I'd like advice on what I should do and what my options are, i'm also revisiting the derm in 1month.

Here's a little timeline of it

MemberMember
(@melloman)

Posted : 01/14/2015 2:58 pm

As far as healing goes, you should be able to speed up heal time through daily non-intense excersises daily. The goal is to get the blood circulating more efficiently so that white blood cells get to the wound more quickly and hopefully-ultimately speed up the healing process. I highly reccomend the daily excersise, and keeping the area dry so it doesn't soak up any bad crap.

Also, if you are certain it is not a pimple, and is a scar, I've heard someone say that putting a droplet of freshly squeezed lemon juice on it should help dry it up and shrink it a bit. The lemon thing may be a temporary fix, but can be counterproductive if you are uncertain about how your acne or body reacts to lemons.This would be a treatment, and you should probably research it.