Notifications
Clear all

Had Subcision, Now I Got Small Lumps

MemberMember
(@mint-berry-crunch)

Posted : 10/07/2014 8:07 pm

Yesterday I had subcison with Juverderm filler for my ice pick, few rolling and boxcar scars. I am left with lumps on the area treated. I was told it will go away with 3 - 4 days, to a week.

I was also told to massage the lumps when I have time. Is the lumps normal after a subcision and juverderm filler? I got to back to work this Saturday and was wondering if you think the swelling or lumps ( I dunno what it is) would go away or reduce by then?

4 months ago I had dermapen treatment and yesterday I was advised by my doctor to have subcision with filler. I will be posting my journey with subcision too. I will post pics before and day after subcision.

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 10/08/2014 4:08 am

Lumpiness is normal after fillers, especially when you are injecting acne scars because you have to do it in a relatively shallow plane in the skin. A couple of days is too early to determine what the final look of the fillers will be. Lumpiness is possible if your doctor overcorrected. You just had subcision and fillers so there is still a lot of swelling and inflammation going on.

MemberMember
(@skullkid87)

Posted : 10/08/2014 5:34 pm

i had restylane and it left small lump. it will smooth out after over time. it might still be lumpy by sautrday but most of the swelling should go away. you will have to play with it over the next couple months

MemberMember
(@mint-berry-crunch)

Posted : 10/08/2014 6:56 pm

thanks for the replies. is it okay for me to massage my face to reduce the lumps? my dermatologist says I should do it if I have time. But I think I've over done the massaging my face. I did like 3 or 4 times already and worried I don't wanna cause further problems.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 10/11/2014 2:22 am