Notifications
Clear all

Depression

MemberMember
(@dudleydoright)

Posted : 10/05/2014 11:24 am

With suicide and drpression a HOT topic at this time, maybe it is time to revisit this heroic thread. I see that ernestoria has not added to his thread since Feb. 2011. I do wish he would keep us updated. He showed quite an improvement.

MemberMember
(@waitingforacure)

Posted : 10/05/2014 12:27 pm

I totally agree with you Dudley..with the remarkable improvements this man has gotten it certainly gives a lot of us sufferers great hope..I really wonder what he's up to these days. Hopefully he can give us all a quick update! that would be great

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 10/05/2014 11:03 pm

In my mind, I want to envision him having another procedure and getting even more improvement and now living out his life happily. He had one of the most severe cases I have ever seen online, and was able to get tremendous improvement. I'll admit it was one of the cases that gave me some semblance of hope. From what I can remember, he worked in a very competitive field, consulting, where one has to meet face to face with clients all the time.

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 10/05/2014 11:16 pm

Thanks for the positive post! I don't have bad scars by any means, but sometimes the small ones I do have make me a little sad. I'm a perfectionist though.

I think it's also important for everyone to keep in mind that you can still be attractive with scars! I have seen tons of guys with scars that I thought were very attractive. My boyfriend has scars and I don't think they take away from his appearance at all. I also know a girl who has bad scarring, but I think she is still so pretty. Don't be so hard on yourself guys :)

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 10/05/2014 11:57 pm

I have grown increasingly annoyed with the direction this forum has gone. Gone are all the good, thought provoking and positive posts. Now it's just a bunch of drama queens who moan about a tiny little scar or can't seem to make use of the search button.

How many questions do we have to read about the same damn red spots and hyperpigmentation? The worst thing that has happened to the scar forum has been lumping the red marks stuff into this category. It's brought on a whole crop of people who contribute nothing and inundate it with the same questions.

MemberMember
(@sydboi)

Posted : 10/06/2014 2:06 am

I have grown increasingly annoyed with the direction this forum has gone. Gone are all the good, thought provoking and positive posts. Now it's just a bunch of drama queens who moan about a tiny little scar or can't seem to make use of the search button.

How many questions do we have to read about the same damn red spots and hyperpigmentation? The worst thing that has happened to the scar forum has been lumping the red marks stuff into this category. It's brought on a whole crop of people who contribute nothing and inundate it with the same questions.

I know that scars and acne-indeed any problem- is relative to the individual. Some also have BDD amongst other things, which all factor in. I also know mine aren't the worst scars or skin, but I agree with what you said. I've had to stop frequenting the scar forum (where I was hoping to research and get help for my problems also) because of the individuals who post about a single red spot, or a mild little atrophic scar. It makes me really, really depressed (more than I currently am if that's possible). I try to avoid those posts or threads, but sometimes someone will post something like "really bad scarring. Found solution" and BAM. You see their photo, and they have like one red mark. I hate how people define Hyperpigmentation as scarring. Maybe it is a form of scarring, I'm not fully versed in the cell activity that creates this. But I think scarring as anything that causes irregularity on the skin and its' texture (I.e., atrophic and hypertrophic/keloid scarring).

I don't know how the forum was before, but they should really create a sub forum for red marks.

Sorry for my little rant :/ 🙁