Notifications
Clear all

Small Red Hole/scare From Acne?

MemberMember
(@camosborn)

Posted : 05/03/2014 9:57 pm

I recently had a pimple on my forehead, and it got infected. It soon healed and started to scab. Today, after about 4 days, I was drying off my hair and it pulled off the scab. Now there is a red hole or divot on my forehead. I have heard that neosporin will help. Also pure aloe vera and vitamin e/olive oil. I am just curious if this will go away, or if the hole will always be there? If you guys have heard of anything that works or does not work it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

MemberMember
(@tokyogirl)

Posted : 05/04/2014 12:37 am

Unfortuately it is impossible to know if the hole will remain. No one can predict how your skin will heal. Personally I would only use neosporin to prevent infection while the skin is broken. Otherwise I would keep it moisturized and use Vitamin C serum, plus a good sunblock with Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide. Taking supplements like Zinc. and Vitamin C are helpful. The redness will definitely fade in time. The hole or divot should also improve as the area heals. Be gentle with your skin by not picking or rubbing the area and the chance of permanent scarring will be lessened. Vitamin E and Aloe have never prevented scars for me, and I used to apply both. I used to apply aloe directly from the plant and unfortunately it didn't prevent scars. If you don't normally scar and the divot was caused by a normal pimple that wasn't cystic, didn't become infected and was not picked, then it should heal fine over time.

camosborn liked