Notifications
Clear all

Dermefface Fx7, Revitol Or Mederma Scar Creams

MemberMember
(@scarman)

Posted : 03/23/2014 4:14 pm

Hi,

Has anyone tried Dermefface FX7, Revitol, Mederma or similar Scar Creams?

I know some people think these creams are useless, but has anyone really tried them for a few months and seen any results? Or even tried them with dermaroller, derma stamp etc?

Thanks.

MemberMember
(@cycloverid)

Posted : 03/23/2014 8:39 pm

I tried Mederma for a week on a raised scar and I got a really bad rash. Just a warning if you have sensitive skin.

MemberMember
(@luckydory)

Posted : 03/23/2014 9:34 pm

Yeah i used a scar cream on some excisions that were performed and still red post op. I could not keep using it due to it causing clogged pores and break me out in the area the cream was applied only. I am sure you will see some results with weeks to months to use if it doesn't cause any bad reactions, it all depends on the skin type of each person.

MemberMember
(@scarman)

Posted : 03/24/2014 6:00 pm

Yeah i used a scar cream on some excisions that were performed and still red post op. I could not keep using it due to it causing clogged pores and break me out in the area the cream was applied only. I am sure you will see some results with weeks to months to use if it doesn't cause any bad reactions, it all depends on the skin type of each person.

Which cream did you use? The ones I mentioned are the most known ones, I am surprised no one mentions using a scar cream with dermarolling I wonder if they would be more effective then other topics.

There are so many topic and its almost impossible to try them all. Finding the best solution is a big challenge, it is frustrating. I am currently trying retin A, vitamin C, copper peptides and natural oils. I wonder if I should just use a good scar cream that works instead.

If anyone has long term experience or success with any scar cream please share.

Thanks..