Notifications
Clear all

Helpf For My Scars (Pic Included)

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 03/21/2014 7:11 pm

I know we've gotten way off course here, but this holistic mumbo jumbo is not helpful. It plays into this stereotype that people with acne and scars are slobs who don't take care of their health and hygiene and so they rightfully have awful skin. Not so at all. Like Inspired said, some of the smartest and most knowledgable people about skin are precisely the people with problematic skin. I actually had someone tell me once that they thought I was a drug user because I had really bad hyperpigmentation from cystic acne AND scars. Man that really hurt. That's the kind of **** we deal with in the real world.

And another thing.

The body doesn't care about aesthetics and beauty. A scar is the way the body closes up a wound and prevents you from bleeding to death. That's it. It doesn't know or care that a scar, especially on the face, is cosmetically unacceptable to other people.

MemberMember
(@tokyogirl)

Posted : 03/21/2014 8:23 pm

Zavvi, I respect the fact that you believe you've found a cure. I don't believe in that cure, but I am not trying to sway you. I hope you can respect my beliefs. Until raw fruits, veggies & spices actually erase your scars, I don't know how you can claim it's a cure.

Can we please stay on topic and stop derailing this thread? Why derail someone else's thread with something completely off topic? I intentionally avoid threads about holistic health on this board, as I have yet to see a single one backed by credible, scientific evidence. If you search this forum, you will find many similar miracle cure threads that range from diet to home remedies to Chinese medicine to using urine or semen on scars. The semen one that had guys applying semen daily was quite comical, so I did follow that one in silence. However, I generally find those threads best avoided.

4meracneguy, Congrats on making it to pre med. I wish you the best of success. I wouldn't take Zavvi's hurtful comments to heart.

MemberMember
(@4meracneguy)

Posted : 03/21/2014 9:24 pm

@Inspired: I'm a second year medical student at UIC, not pre med.

Zavvi, I feel like you and many others are brainwashed by naturopaths because you don't understand how the body works.

3 mins of complete BS from the man you idolize 042 is hilarious! Rapid fire bullshit

'Dr.' Morse' claims that acne medications don't work and thinks that sweating a lot and avoiding dairy and proteins (apparently causes acid production) will cure acne. He continues rambling that lymphatic kidney toxins need to be flushed out of the body to promote healing. Of all this BS info, the only slightly true thing he said about acne was that dairy could make it worse. In reality, acne is caused by a combination of: P. Acnes bacteria, overactive sebaceous glands (puberty mainly), and slow skin turnover which causes dead skin cells to form a blockage. Modern medicine has good solutions for all three of these issues; diet won't do much if you have shitty acne genetics. I fear that people like you will cause many to go the natural route only to get more acne/scars, waste time with no scar improvement, and finally have their hopes crushed when their scars remain unchanged.

Some fun quotes from the 'Doctor' in the vid

"You gotta open up your kidney channel my man, you gotta open up the kidney and adrenal gland.."

"Acid's coming out, it begins to dump the lymph nodes in subcutaneous tissues in the skin."

"Whether it's all the mucus from the dairy products, or all the acids from the proteins, it's all building up in you."

"Raw foods diet will cure all skin problems."

How can you take this clown seriously? And that's from only 3 mins of video. He's clearly making tons of money with stuff like $26 Cayenne/Garlic pills.

I apologize Perigon for hijacking your thread, but I couldn't contain myself.

MemberMember
(@perigon)

Posted : 03/22/2014 6:43 am

Anybody have any more suggestions, based on their experiences, for me? I'd love to hear from people who've had similar type scars to mine and got improvements.

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 03/22/2014 7:21 am

Check out sverd... he did subcision on his mainly rolling scars. He got nice improvement.