Notifications
Clear all

Anyone Knows What Really Works For Redness And Scars?

MemberMember
(@doddy46)

Posted : 03/11/2014 10:54 am

The only thing that will improve your appearance is optimal health. If this isn't your primary focus, don't bother bitching when all this chemical ridden shit backfires.

I was corrected with the hypertrophic scars, these will unfortunately require some sort of intervention.

Chemicals cannot improve your skin quality, only your skin and your health can do that. Proper nutrition, and living as clean a lifestyle as possible, clean air, water, food, mental acuity, etc etc blah blah blah. To believe otherwise is ridiculous.

Of course, there ARE surgical procedures.... But I'd recommend staying away from the lasers and dermabrasions.

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 03/11/2014 11:45 am

if you are that worried about it get a few ipl's that should do the trick. make sure you got a reputable place and have them do multiple passes on each spot. its super easy and simple and in a few days those red marks will look better. usually they like to start you out a lower setting to see what your skin can handle and then up it so each visit you should see better results.

it should help with those small indents too. i used to get ipl on my red marks, huge pores, brown spots, broken caps etc and it worked great. its not laser by the way too. people get that mixed up all the time.

v-beam is another good one too but that is laser. just go to a cosmetic dermatologist or any sort of plastic surgeon or med spa and get an evaluation. i would suggest actually going to a few different ones and see what they say.

MemberMember
(@shelbyville)

Posted : 03/12/2014 11:45 am

The only thing that will improve your appearance is optimal health. If this isn't your primary focus, don't bother bitching when all this chemical ridden shit backfires.

I was corrected with the hypertrophic scars, these will unfortunately require some sort of intervention.

Chemicals cannot improve your skin quality, only your skin and your health can do that. Proper nutrition, and living as clean a lifestyle as possible, clean air, water, food, mental acuity, etc etc blah blah blah. To believe otherwise is ridiculous.

Of course, there ARE surgical procedures.... But I'd recommend staying away from the lasers and dermabrasions.

Hi Doddy,

I'm trying to avoid any surgical intervention because my pits are hardly noticeable (but still bigger than my pores). Subcision, microdermabrasion or lasers are too harsh for my minor scarring. At the moment, I'm focused on "healing from the core": a nutritious diet and a healthy lifestyle.

Thank you for your answer Doddy :)

if you are that worried about it get a few ipl's that should do the trick. make sure you got a reputable place and have them do multiple passes on each spot. its super easy and simple and in a few days those red marks will look better. usually they like to start you out a lower setting to see what your skin can handle and then up it so each visit you should see better results.

it should help with those small indents too. i used to get ipl on my red marks, huge pores, brown spots, broken caps etc and it worked great. its not laser by the way too. people get that mixed up all the time.

v-beam is another good one too but that is laser. just go to a cosmetic dermatologist or any sort of plastic surgeon or med spa and get an evaluation. i would suggest actually going to a few different ones and see what they say.

Hi tracy,

I enjoyed your post. Thanks, you seem a lovely person

I heard about ipl, it sounds an interesting idea but I won't take any changes and I'm going to the nearest med spa and get an evaluation asap!

Broken caps you said, do you have rosacea?

Thank you tracy, your post was very helpful! :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I still have a question and please answer that question:

What is the "hard tissue" beneath my ice pick? Please give me more details about it!

Thanks

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 03/12/2014 12:34 pm

hey you are very welcome and the med spa most likely will recommend ipl to you but let me know what they say when you go. thank you for the nice words. i dont think i have rosacea but tend to get those broken caps around my nose area. it works very quickly on those which is nice. good luck and keep us updated on what you end up doing.

MemberMember
(@shelbyville)

Posted : 03/12/2014 3:28 pm

Okay tracy, I will :)

Do you read the whole thread?

I have some "hard tissue" beneath my scars. I can feel it if i prick the skin.

Do you have any idea what this might be?

(scar tissue?)

Please help :(

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 03/12/2014 5:50 pm

People like you are rare Michelle, congratulations, keep up the good work

Yes and no Michelle.

My main concern are the indents. The bumps I'm talking about is a hard tissue underneath the ice pick scars. If I prick/palp that skin I feel it's harder, less elastic than the surrounding skin.

Now that you are taking in bumps, I had a nasty break out during summer and I got 2 big pimples on my left cheek that almost connected "underground". That was so weird and freak. When the pimples were gone it left me a big red mark which eventually faded but on the surface left me 2 tiny "scabs". It won't go away but anyway they aren't very noticeable.

Please, I really need your help in those ice pick

The redness

I sincerely don't know. The scars are more than 1 year. In the sunlight, the are discolored, darker than the rest of the skin but under the white light lamps in my house, they appear red.

I'm just looking for a solution to take off the discoloration and if possible the "hard tissue" underneath.

Big thanks Michelle

I have no idea how this didn't show up in my notifications. I apologize for the delay.

Could you post a picture if you don't mind? You can PM to me if you want--I'll definitely be able to reply quicker. :)

MemberMember
(@shelbyville)

Posted : 03/13/2014 3:18 am

Okay, I will post a photo after lunch :) However you can only see some tiny indents and redness (or discoloration, dont know). You wont.be able to see the "hard base" :(

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 03/13/2014 8:05 am

what does the hard tissue look like? does it look normal? if so then i wouldnt even worry about it unless it raised up or something.

MemberMember
(@shelbyville)

Posted : 03/13/2014 9:26 am

Yes, I only have a "hard tissue" under my scars (which are tiny discolored indents). I'm so worried about it! It.seems like an abnormal concentration of colagen.and fibrous tissue. (which doesnt make sense because scars indicate a deficiency of tissue and colagen)

If it helps, when I take a shower the tissue "dissolves" and I am not able to feel it for 1h max.

My scars are only discolored (pinkish) where the tissue is under.

I'm on my mobile and it says i cant post the photo file. Ugh?

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 03/13/2014 10:24 am

awe dont fret i am sure your skin is going to be just fine. why are you so worried if you cant see it? its probably just your skin healing or something.

MemberMember
(@shelbyville)

Posted : 03/13/2014 5:53 pm

Still after a year??! No wish that was true ahahah

MemberMember
(@doddy46)

Posted : 03/14/2014 7:45 am

Hi again Shelby. It is most probably just scar tissue. Scar tissue isn't as pliable nor does it function like normal skin, it's sort of like a biological permanent plastic bandage. You're best bet would be to actually have it surgically cut out, and hopefully it heals better than when you fucked with it (decent possibility, with a GOOD surgeon and proper after care) Do one at a time in case your skin doesn't heal well from it, and pick a small one to test your surgeons abilities. It is absolutely VITAL you and your skin are in as good of health as you believe you can get it (looking and functioning well, and healing from injuries at a decent, healthy rate. If a scratch on your arm heals better than it did before, meaning less scar tissue, so will the skin on your face).

Do not judge your ability to heal on speed alone, true this is probably the main factor to look for, but it is also true that healing too fast (as well as too slow) leads to more scar tissue. Instead watch the overall picture, speed and quality of the repair, based on seriousness of the injury, and the amount you have fucked with it. (good luck healing a knuckle cut, you fucked with that all day, opening and closing your hand, washing your hand, etc.)

Hope that solidifies what you already know.

If you want to be 100% positive what it is, get not one, not two but three dermatologists to just LOOK at it, they have been looking at skin for years... I don't want the crap they sell, just their knowledge. I'll do the rest of the research myself thank you. Just picking your brain.

Sounds like a total pain but if you are dead set on figuring out for sure, 100% this is the best method. As many professional OPINIONS as possible.

I feel safe saying it is just scar tissue... But there IS always that chance...

Scars can take many years to heal to optimal level.

MemberMember
(@shelbyville)

Posted : 03/14/2014 9:37 am

Thank you doddy! :)

You answer was very helpfull. You answered my question. I suspected it was scar tissue but as I have said before, scar tissue is normally less "hard" than the skin itself. I will be very sincere:

I'm 16 yo at the moment and so dealing with teen acne (hormonal acne or whatever). My acne is mild/moderate, with an occasional pimple (papule or postule) a week. However, my main problem are these spots on my cheeks that are discolored and have tiny indents (what I later found out they were tiny ice pick). Because my pimples are not like cysts, I do believe I have a great tendency to scar (f*cking sh*tty skin). I'm sorry.

My scarring is quite mild but it makes me feel bad to know it's some sort of permanent. At the moment I am not able to do anything because my parents won't allow me. They don't understand that's a scar and there is nothing I can do to prove it to them - they say I'm paranoic. It is so frustrating!

Last year, I already had these scars (they are from February/13) and I went to a dermatologist to check my acne and I asked about the scars. I didn't understand much about it, but I asked anyway what that was and I told her it was "hard". She looked at it, pricked, felt the tissue and didn't say anything... When I realized nobody was helping or at least trying to help me, I researched on my own about my condition.

Now, 6 months went by, my knowledge in this matter evolved but I am still stucked. Now, I understand what this is but I can't help myself...

So, doddy, tracy, michelle, anybody... Is there any option besides any surgery or laser? Is there anything milder like a cream or dermarolling?

Thank you all again!