Notifications
Clear all

Scar Success!

MemberMember
(@clareabella)

Posted : 11/05/2016 6:23 pm

This thread is definatley good at giving hope. I cant believe how amazing the results are. Well done!

MemberMember
(@laura630)

Posted : 04/06/2017 4:42 pm

Just stumbling upon this great thread, thinking of doing TCA CROSS soon :)

One question about the copper peptide - is it really enough to just poke the forming scab with the peptide? Seems like so little! Or do you sort of rub a small amount into the forming scabs? And when do you start applying? 

Also is the regular SupCop still effective or should I use the SupCop 2x? I'm worried about the 2x being too strong for my skin, never used copper peptides before...

Thanks in advance! 

MemberMember
(@rickeydog1989)

Posted : 07/04/2017 11:23 pm

Could the OP's photo have been photoshopped? It looks like she basically had a 100% improvement, pretty much with needling and TCA alone. And judging from her posts, it seems like she got most of the improvement on rolling scars through needling (and silicone to some extent, which only gave her around 30% improvement), since she used TCA mostly on icepick scars.

I'm grateful that she came back to post her results, but just a bit skeptical since she seems to be one of the few people that got complete improvement. I would love to see her follow up with a couple more pics, and hear how she's doing since it's been a few years.

MemberMember
(@dazzed)

Posted : 07/05/2017 2:14 am

I doubt she has anything to gain from photoshopping her photos. She was a long time member and just didn't appear overnight or promote any particular doctor. If she was obviously trying to shill for a doctor, then it would indeed be highly suspect.

MemberMember
(@noa27)

Posted : 07/05/2017 3:22 am

I've seen more successtories about microneedling. Check out remicade. His improvement is pretty good. Also no doctors named.

MemberMember
(@rickeydog1989)

Posted : 07/05/2017 10:58 am

7 hours ago, Noa27 said:

I've seen more successtories about microneedling. Check out remicade. His improvement is pretty good. Also no doctors named.

Wow, amazing. Thanks. I'll take his advice as well.

MemberMember
(@insearch)

Posted : 03/13/2018 4:21 pm

On 11/3/2016 at 8:26 AM, beautifulambition said:

TCA alone does nothing for fat deficiency, tethered, atrophy, regardless of type. Subcision and filler do, more details in the FAQ below under that section. TCA is textural, only the top, scars go deep. Same with laser, it takes off layers on the top, doing very little for the underneath layers.

Do you believe the success of OP's scars was due to the needling?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/14/2018 4:47 am

@InsearchNo scars are not picking a treatment. Treatment must be individualized to the persons scars. What works for one person may not work for you. IT's not a single thing. Acid peels are also used and tca cross on the icepicks.

MemberMember
(@insearch)

Posted : 03/14/2018 11:32 pm

On 3/14/2018 at 2:47 AM, beautifulambition said:
@InsearchNo scars are not picking a treatment. Treatment must be individualized to the persons scars. What works for one person may not work for you. IT's not a single thing. Acid peels are also used and tca cross on the icepicks.

But do you believe single microneedling helps?

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 03/15/2018 6:12 pm

On 3/14/2018 at 9:32 PM, Insearch said:

But do you believe single needling helps?

Microneedling works like a charm for some while it does nothing for others. This is also true for subcision, to which some folks respond very well and others, simply meh! I guess you just need to find out for yourself.

Cofactors that may inhibit wound healing are heredity, bad health (poor nutrition, disease, immunodeficiency, aging, etc), wrong treatments for the given scar type, ad infinitum.