Notifications
Clear all

Scar Success!

MemberMember
(@dc-girl-3)

Posted : 01/18/2014 12:20 pm

On 1/18/2014 at 4:54 AM, searching2014 said:

Congratulations on your success!

I have a question on single small micro needling, do you also poke the borders of the scars or just in the scars?

I hit any and all area that is scar tissue. So yes, I poke the borders.

Remember, a lot of people stamp/roll non-scarred skin for anti-aging/wrinkle benefits too, so it's not a huge deal if you got slightly outside the scar.

On 1/18/2014 at 5:18 AM, scartagnan said:

DC-girl your skin looks fantastic. Congratulations!

When you said you cut out unsaturated fats, did you mean to say saturated fats? Are you saying these diet changes helped your needling success or were you more talking about getting rid the acne?

I'd also be interested to know how old your scars were and how old you are, if that's not too personal a question.

Thank you so much for posting.your success, it really helps to give hope.

Thanks so much.

NO! I meant exactly what I said; I DO NOT EAT UN-saturated oils. I DO EAT healthy Saturated fats, coconut oil, butter, etc.

It helps both acne and scarring, a healthy body both kills inflammation/infection (acne) and heals better (scarring).

I'm old, LOL, early thirties, so some of the scars were very recent, and some were 10 years old.

I'm happy to hear it gives you hope, that's exciting!

animals liked
MemberMember
(@scartagnan)

Posted : 01/18/2014 1:50 pm

Thanks so much.

NO! I meant exactly what I said; I DO NOT EAT UN-saturated oils. I DO EAT healthy Saturated fats, coconut oil, butter, etc.

It helps both acne and scarring, a healthy body both kills inflammation/infection (acne) and heals better (scarring).

I'm old, LOL, early thirties, so some of the scars were very recent, and some were 10 years old.

No omega-3, fish oils, olive oil etc then. I will have to read up on this, I always though unsaturated fat was considered good. O3 particularly is considered a miracle cure for just about everything.

MemberMember
(@dc-girl-3)

Posted : 01/18/2014 1:59 pm

Thanks so much.

No omega-3, fish oils, olive oil etc then. I will have to read up on this, I always though unsaturated fat was considered good. O3 particularly is considered a miracle cure for just about everything.

Yeah, I know, I always thought that too. I do eat some olive oil but not a lot like I used to.

You want saturated fats. Unsaturated fats lead to increased inflammation,etc. I know a lot about this because I struggled with arthritis too and they were always telling me to eat Omega-3's and I was having bad flare-ups. And it makes a lot of sense when you think about it, we're land animals, mammals, not fish or plants.

Read Ray Peat's articles on his website if you want to learn more. He explains about the old studies (on essential fatty acids) they base all that omega-3 info on. Just a warning, it's not exactly light reading, so put your thinking cap on when you do, they're science articles, he's not selling a book, or a diet, or anything, so you really have to educate yourself on this by taking the time to read and understand it.

animals liked
MemberMember
(@evm)

Posted : 01/18/2014 5:59 pm

LOL. I went to the owndoc site, the before and after pictures are all rigged with different angles and much different lightening which will obviously give the impression there has been improvement. Unfortunately I think it is a load of BS...

MemberMember
(@ricex)

Posted : 01/18/2014 6:20 pm

What's the difference with tca cross and tca peel and which method do you recommend?

MemberMember
(@luckydory)

Posted : 01/18/2014 6:34 pm

I'm pretty sure the TCA cross is just higher concentrations of TCA tooth-picked into the depressions and the TCA peel is a lower concentration peel of the entire face? someone correct me if im wrong. I noticed DC-girl went to Dr. Lam in Dallas, this excites me because that is only a five hour drive from where I live and I had my eye on him for awhile anyway. He prefers to treat the indents with the TCA CROSS method and or micro silicon injections. He has been doing this for years and it seems that there is very little to no complaints or side effects. Of, course there is no 100% improvement but he seems to being getting the best results on acne scarring in my opinion around the U.S. You can also contact him through his forum and he will respond quickly to any questions that you may have. I just wish I wouldnt have jumped gun and gotten some excisions done, I think I would have had better results with Dr. Lams techniques.

MemberMember
(@dc-girl-3)

Posted : 01/18/2014 6:39 pm

LOL. I went to the owndoc site, the before and after pictures are all rigged with different angles and much different lightening which will obviously give the impression there has been improvement. Unfortunately I think it is a load of BS...

Well you can get derma-stamps anywhere, doesn't have to be owndoc, if you don't like them.

They work for me though.

What's the difference with tca cross and tca peel and which method do you recommend?

Cross generally means a 100% application.

I've never done that because I was too nervous about it so I just used 30% tca, generally just as a spot treatment so I didn't have a lot of downtime.

SP12 liked
MemberMember
(@aurevoir771)

Posted : 01/20/2014 4:11 pm

Wow this is really amazing. Congrats on your result! I have a couple of questions for you.

1. How many 30% TCA peels have you applied to get this far? I have done 12.5%, 18%, 21%, 24% once each and my skin has improved, but only slightly. I have ordered 30% this time from MUAC. Hopefully it will work better this time.

2. Which brand of TCA peel did you use?

3. What was the needle length for dermastamp? Is there any reason you chose dermastamp over dermaroller?

4. Did you have any problem with dermastamp creating new scars? I have used 1.5 mm dermastamp (ugh, might have been too long for my skin), but that literally caused more scarring that did not recover on its own |::(

5. Did you try anything beside dermastamp and TCA peel? Microdermabrasion? Other chemical peels?

6. I see that your face is a bit red, which I assume is hyperpigmentation. What is your plan to get rid of this?

I would sincerely appreciate your response. Again, congratulations on your success!

MemberMember
(@dc-girl-3)

Posted : 01/20/2014 4:58 pm

On 1/20/2014 at 1:11 PM, aurevoir771 said:

Wow this is really amazing. Congrats on your result! I have a couple of questions for you.

1. How many 30% TCA peels have you applied to get this far? I have done 12.5%, 18%, 21%, 24% once each and my skin has improved, but only slightly. I have ordered 30% this time from MUAC. Hopefully it will work better this time.

2. Which brand of TCA peel did you use?

3. What was the needle length for dermastamp? Is there any reason you chose dermastamp over dermaroller?

4. Did you have any problem with dermastamp creating new scars? I have used 1.5 mm dermastamp (ugh, might have been too long for my skin), but that literally caused more scarring that did not recover on its own sad.png

5. Did you try anything beside dermastamp and TCA peel? Microdermabrasion? Other chemical peels?

6. I see that your face is a bit red, which I assume is hyperpigmentation. What is your plan to get rid of this?

I would sincerely appreciate your response. Again, congratulations on your success!

1. I don't know, didn't really do that many full face peels, mostly spot treatments. In fact, I don't know if I ever did a full face 30%, although I did do a couple lower strength ones, I think those were 15% or 20%. I just prefer spot treating, less downtime and I think the body heals stronger when it's not overwhelmed with too much at once.

2. MUAC.

3. I normally use 1.5. But I've used all sizes before. I much prefer the stamp, it hurts less, so you can push harder, be more thorough.

4. Only once did I have a scar from a Derma-Roller but it wasn't self inflicted. Ironically, the 1st time I did rolling I was afraid I'd mess it up, so I did it with a plastic surgeon and he gave me a scratch type scar. I don't think he did a straight line lift and pull which is very important when rolling, you can't just roll all over like a paintbrush and that's how he did it. It's not super serious and it's not hard white scar tissue like a boxscar or anything but I can see it in certain lighting. It's by my eye so I haven't messed with it much. I also think that might not have happened if I wasn't using retin-A at the time because it made my skin fragile and thin.

That's crazy that you got scarred from a 1.5mm...........did you wait long enough between intervals? Did you press straight in and lift straight out? Do you use retin A? When I was on retin-A I seemed to be super prone to scarring, that's why I don't recommend it.

5. Yes, read my initial post on this thread.

6. No, the redness is probably just cause I'm warm in the picture. I'm very fair, very white and I flush easily. There's a couple very small spots from tca spot treating in that pic but it only accounts for about 1% of the redness there. I also some freckles near my eye, but I don't consider that hyperpigmentation. Also, funny enough,I think I ate something before I took that pic because it looks kinda yellow/brown by my lip but I don't have any type of hyperpigmentation there either, LOL

But if you have hyperpigmentation, I recommend getting off Retin-A, and using natural stuff, lemon juice and/or lactic acid and salicylic acid peels. I feel those are pretty safe. Just don't over do the peels and destroy the acid mantel on your skin constantly. Part of why my skin looks good is because I use oils and don't dry it out too much. An inclusive ointment is a really good idea after peels and/or rolling/stamping. Something like petroleum or Alba's Un-petroleum jelly if you prefer. I use different types of occlusive ointments DAILY because I believe its very good for the skin. You want your skin to have a chance to recover every 30-45 days and occlusion helps with Co2 production.

MemberMember
(@aurevoir771)

Posted : 01/20/2014 5:04 pm

Hey, thanks for through answers. I really appreciate it.

The reason why I got more scars from 2 mm dermastamp was b/c I used it on my nose. Nose is definitely different from other facial areas. I have never tried retin-a before, even though I haved used retinol from MUAC, which does not contain tretinoin. I was planning to use retin-a, but after reading your post, I might hold onto it. I may move into spot treatments as well with 30%. I will post updates if it turns out well :)

MemberMember
(@dc-girl-3)

Posted : 01/20/2014 5:08 pm

On 1/20/2014 at 5:04 PM, aurevoir771 said:

Hey, thanks for through answers. I really appreciate it.

The reason why I got more scars from 2 mm dermastamp was b/c I used it on my nose. Nose is definitely different from other facial areas. I have never tried retin-a before, even though I haved used retinol from MUAC, which does not contain tretinoin. I was planning to use retin-a, but after reading your post, I might hold onto it. I may move into spot treatments as well with 30%. I will post updates if it turns out well

Oh, no wonder, yes, not much fat on your nose. Totally different ball game there.

Yeah, spot treatments are nice.

If you can, make sure and take high quality pics and/or just do 1/2 of a scar so you can accurately judge the level of improvement.

Good luck!

MemberMember
(@aghhne)

Posted : 01/20/2014 5:19 pm

I really appreciate you took your time to post your results! You helped and will continue to help other people. Seriously thanks!

Don't mind the other people who keep giving off negativity, this site is full of em.

People who look for the negative will always see the negative.

Anyways, just posted here to say thanks!

MemberMember
(@dc-girl-3)

Posted : 01/20/2014 5:26 pm

I really appreciate you took your time to post your results! You helped and will continue to help other people. Seriously thanks!

Don't mind the other people who keep giving off negativity, this site is full of em.

People who look for the negative will always see the negative.

Anyways, just posted here to say thanks!

Yes, I agree and thank you, that's nice to hear!

MemberMember
(@aurevoir771)

Posted : 01/20/2014 7:20 pm

Hey, I have two more questions for ya.

1. You said you love using oils. Which oil did you find most effective? I have used bio oil, emu oil and argan oil so far. I had some reaction to bio oil, but not so much for the other two. I am currently using argan oil because I think it helps me soothe my skin. If you have any recommendation, please feel free to comment on it.

2. You mentioned you have used various sizes of micro needles. Is there any reason why you don't uselonger ones? I know longer one penetrates deeper into dermis sand possible new scars, and the down time is longer and there are potential "scratch" issue. Did you mainly use the stamp to get rid of deeper scars?

Your response would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

MemberMember
(@dc-girl-3)

Posted : 01/20/2014 8:48 pm

On 1/20/2014 at 4:20 PM, aurevoir771 said:

1. You said you love using oils. Which oil did you find most effective? I have used bio oil, emu oil and argan oil so far. I had some reaction to bio oil, but not so much for the other two. I am currently using argan oil because I think it helps me soothe my skin. If you have any recommendation, please feel free to comment on it.

2. You mentioned you have used various sizes of micro needles. Is there any reason why you don't uselonger ones? I know longer one penetrates deeper into dermis sand possible new scars, and the down time is longer and there are potential "scratch" issue. Did you mainly use the stamp to get rid of deeper scars?

1. I would not use Bio oil, pretty sure that has mineral oil in it; bad stuff. I actually use coconut oil, not a ton of it but I make sure my face is never dry and I never buy store bought moisturizers. It's good stuff but can be greasy. Rosewater spray with glycerin is good too, glycerin helps your skin retain it's own moisture. I like the A&D ointment from owndoc for an occlusive ointment and my new favorite thing is grass fed beef tallow. It's packed full of nutrients and healthy fat for the skin to nourish it. It feels so rich and luxurious, like your putting frosting on your skin, it's just really creamy and awesome. I've also read other reports of beef tallow improving people's scars.

2. According to Dr. Fernandes you DO not need longer dermastamps for deeper scars. He uses 1mm but says sometimes but also longer ones for trickier areas. Of course some scars have no fat so going to deep isn't good. I remember that Dr just rolling all over my face in a starfish pattern, like crazy, like painting a wall. And that's the wrong way. So, I don't think it was the length that made the scratch.

Just roll in straight lines and pick up the roller and press down again. Always lift it off the skin after each pass and you'll be fine.

I've never used more than a 1.5mm on myself at home.

But to answer your question, yes I mainly use a stamp, I like it much better than rolling.

MemberMember
(@aurevoir771)

Posted : 01/20/2014 9:11 pm

Thanks for your response. When you say beef tallow.... you mean the eating stuff? Am I missing something here? I am so confused... ;(

MemberMember
(@dc-girl-3)

Posted : 01/21/2014 2:06 am

Thanks for your response. When you say beef tallow.... you mean the eating stuff? Am I missing something here? I am so confused... ;(

Yep. I get mine at an Etsy store, and they have plain beef tallow there but you can also get specific kinds like citrus, coconut, etc if you don't like it plain.

It's just like a body balm or face cream you'd get in a store, it comes in a different scents.

It's not that confusing if you think about it, lots of people on here go all natural and put food on their face; olive oil, lemon juice, turmeric, etc, Haha, it's really not that different. ;)

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 01/21/2014 12:00 pm

On 1/20/2014 at 5:48 PM, DC-girl said:
On 1/20/2014 at 4:20 PM, aurevoir771 said:

2. You mentioned you have used various sizes of micro needles. Is there any reason why you don't use longer ones? I know longer one penetrates deeper into dermis sand possible new scars, and the down time is longer and there are potential "scratch" issue. Did you mainly use the stamp to get rid of deeper scars?

1. I would not use Bio oil, pretty sure that has mineral oil in it; bad stuff. I actually use coconut oil, not a ton of it but I make sure my face is never dry and I never buy store bought moisturizers. It's good stuff but can be greasy. Rosewater spray with glycerin is good too, glycerin helps your skin retain it's own moisture. I like the A&D ointment from owndoc for an occlusive ointment and my new favorite thing is grass fed beef tallow. It's packed full of nutrients and healthy fat for the skin to nourish it. It feels so rich and luxurious, like your putting frosting on your skin, it's just really creamy and awesome. I've also read other reports of beef tallow improving people's scars.

But to answer your question, yes I mainly use a stamp, I like it much better than rolling.

Always lift after each pass |::o?

MemberMember
(@fleurverte)

Posted : 01/21/2014 12:11 pm

Great job!! Really something to look forward to do.

MemberMember
(@dc-girl-3)

Posted : 01/21/2014 12:20 pm

On 1/21/2014 at 12:00 PM, Robertitoo said:
On 1/20/2014 at 8:48 PM, DC-girl said:
On 1/20/2014 at 7:20 PM, aurevoir771 said:

Always lift after each pass ?

Yes, place the roller on your skin, press down, roll in a straight line, then LIFT up and reposition 1 row of needles over.

As in, DON'T roll and swerve in the starfish pattern like you're painting a wall.

Better yet, just use a stamp and/or smallsingle lancet or microneedle and skip all that, haha

MemberMember
(@rachyon)

Posted : 01/23/2014 11:38 am

Thank you DC-girl for so much information!

I have the same type of scarring as yours. And I am really interested in micro-droplet that you've mentioned. You said the improvement is about 30%? I am still debating between micro-droplet and subcision. Have you look into subcision? Thanks in advance!

MemberMember
(@dc-girl-3)

Posted : 01/23/2014 12:39 pm

Thank you DC-girl for so much information!

I have the same type of scarring as yours. And I am really interested in micro-droplet that you've mentioned. You said the improvement is about 30%? I am still debating between micro-droplet and subcision. Have you look into subcision? Thanks in advance!

Yeah, I'd say about 30%. Of course you can get multiple treatments so I'm sure it's possible to get a lot more improvement than that from silicone. Yes, I looked into subcision but I felt that I could do some aggressive needling and get near to the same results myself, so I did that. Also, I couldn't find anyone that I felt I could trust enough to do that to my face.

You can also get HA filler if you have a big occasion coming up or something; it's more natural and even though it's not permanent like silicone it might help you decide if that's the route you want to go. You want to be careful with both silicone and subcision because they're gonna have permanent consequences (hopefully good ones). So make sure you do your research and trust whomever is doing it. Ask lots of questions, see before/afters, make sure they use the same lighting in their pics, etc.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 01/23/2014 3:49 pm

You want to be careful with both silicone and subcision because they're gonna have permanent consequences (hopefully good ones). So make sure you do your research and trust whomever is doing it.

I've heard of countless horror stories about silicone injections but no disastrous fallout yet from subcision gone terribly wrong. With subcision, you're basically breaking up the tethered scar tissues so I can't think of any major risk other than possible infection.

MemberMember
(@michi31)

Posted : 01/23/2014 4:05 pm

You want to be careful with both silicone and subcision because they're gonna have permanent consequences (hopefully good ones). So make sure you do your research and trust whomever is doing it.

I've heard of countless horror stories about silicone injections but no disastrous fallout yet from subcision gone terribly wrong. With subcision, you're basically breaking up the tethered scar tissues so I can't think of any major risk other than possible infection.

Just curious where you have seen silicone horror stories, as I have not seen any? I had subcision and it did leave hardened scar tissue that looks bumpy. So there is that consideration.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 01/23/2014 4:46 pm

Just curious where you have seen silicone horror stories, as I have not seen any? I had subcision and it did leave hardened scar tissue that looks bumpy. So there is that consideration.

Well, you need not look very far. Just head over to RealSelf website and you'll find many disgruntled souls with disfigurement from the fallout of silicone injection:

http://www.realself.com/Silicone-injections/reviews

Please note that these are the opinions of others and do not reflect that of my own. In the previous post, I was merely pointing out that subcision carries a lower risk of possible complication than silicone injection.