Notifications
Clear all

Acne Holes And Enlarged Pores

MemberMember
(@thebestisyettocome)

Posted : 11/26/2013 8:47 am

Ok , so here's the thing . I've had acne scars ( acne holes ) from since in my early teens . These acne holes never bothered me because they weren't that deep and were barely even noticeable . As of late , My acne holes are becoming more pronounced . They seem really deep and just so very visible now and as if that wasn't bad enough , my pores are starting to enlarge !!!! On top of that ! My use to be extremely dry skin is now very oily . I don't know what is happening to my facial skin , I'm scared to look in the mirror because seeing all these holes lined on my cheeks is skin crawling . *moderator edit* There was one sentence that contained ideals that are not encouraged on this board, so it was removed.

Please help me :'( eusa_pray.gif eusa_pray.gif

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 11/26/2013 11:01 am

Hi thebestisyettocome,

I am very sorry to hear that you are having a hard time coping with acne, but please check with a counselor on this issue.

While you may voice various issues at these forums, we strongly feel this is not a suitable place to share suicidal thoughts with other members. We have instituted this policy due to past experiences with suicide threads attracting all sorts of hideously unsupportive and nasty behavior; not only that, no one here is equipped to deal with such a psychiatric emergency. You are welcome to elicit support on topics that do not touch on suicide in any way.

I strongly encourage you to seek a professional's assistance on this matter.

Information about professional assistance can be found here: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php/topic/16184-useful-resources-and-board-disclaimer/

To help you understand why moderators always close suicide threads, please have a look at the following topic: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php/topic/235664-suicide-threads/

I have also moved this topic over to the scars and red marks area of the forum. You will get more responses from knowledgeable people in that forum.

My two cents. Is to hang in there. There are so many treatments available for scarring these days, you can do peeling and lasers and skin needeling and fillers and injections. There are really so many things to try! No need to be depressed about them. I know that is easier said than done. Educate yourself on the treatments that are available and speak with members on here and you will see the success people get from some of the treatments I have mentioned above. There is hope for you. Make an appointment with a skilled dermatology surgeon and discuss what is available for you. Other members on this site will also be able to help you with home treatments like skin needeling and or some peels are safe to do at home as well. You've come to the right place, and I moved your topic to an area with a lot of knowledgeable people to help you. Best of luck!

MemberMember
(@acnescarsarehell)

Posted : 11/29/2013 1:02 am

hang in there and good luck. Laser treatments and dermabrasions can get rid of the holes and enlarged pores. If you just hang in there and stick with a regimen they will go away. There is hope. I used to have horrible scars and after the treatments im almost done. You can do it too. Let me know how things go.

MemberMember
(@daynecarter)

Posted : 11/29/2013 9:15 pm

hang in there and good luck. Laser treatments and dermabrasions can get rid of the holes and enlarged pores. If you just hang in there and stick with a regimen they will go away. There is hope. I used to have horrible scars and after the treatments im almost done. You can do it too. Let me know how things go.

nice, any before/after pics? what did u have done? what scars?

MemberMember
(@acnescarsarehell)

Posted : 11/29/2013 11:30 pm

I do not have any pictures. But I can tell you that I had boxcar and rolling scars throughout my cheeks. I would rate them a 7 out of 10. They responded very well and some are completely gone at this stage in the game.

I just recently had a dermabrasion that yield pretty good results. I would say about 30% improvement. I am olive skinned and did not hypopigment.

MemberMember
(@acnescarsarehell)

Posted : 11/30/2013 12:49 am

I had 6 erbium lasers, 6 c02 laser treatments, and about 10 (guessing) fraxel restores (these are mild and non ablative compared to the erbium and c02 treatments). In addition, I have done microdermabrasions for a year weekly, about 2 sessions of smoothbeam, a chemical peel, and one syringe of a restalyn.

Restalyn gave me zero results.

MemberMember
(@daynecarter)

Posted : 11/30/2013 1:16 am

I had 6 erbium lasers, 6 c02 laser treatments, and about 10 (guessing) fraxel restores (these are mild and non ablative compared to the erbium and c02 treatments). In addition, I have done microdermabrasions for a year weekly, about 2 sessions of smoothbeam, a chemical peel, and one syringe of a restalyn.

holy cow man, how much that cost? over how long?

MemberMember
(@acnescarsarehell)

Posted : 11/30/2013 10:59 am

holy cow man, how much that cost? over how long?

um...I always tried to find a good dr that would not totally rip me off. I have met so many surgeons that tried to say they have the latest laser that is better than the next etc. However, no matter what I always got roughly 5% improvement with the lasers. It did not matter how they did it or how strong. I finally found out this is due to the laser ablating the scars uniformly with the unscarred skin. So the ablation process does not sand down the skin to the point the scars are less noticeable. (like a dermabrasion). With that in mind, I would try to bargain for the treatments. I found a lot of places that would only charge me 300 per laser treatment for just doing my cheeks where I have the scars.

I have done lasers for about 3 years or so. Since I had to space them about monthly sometimes longer depending how I healed. I think in total I have spent well over 10,000 (lasers, microdermabrasions, dermabrasion, smoothtouch, chemical peel, restayln, Accutane, antibiotics,etc).

MemberMember
(@todd412)

Posted : 12/03/2013 5:20 pm

Ever since I was 14 or so I had an extremely large open pore/box scar on my check. It developed from my mom always poking at my face for blackheads(I think). Oddly enough I've never really had any facial problems and have always relatively clear skin, so the open pore never really bothered me. However, when I hit 21 or 22 it really started bothering me. I'm not sure if its because I became more self-consensus or because it was becoming much larger as I aged (pretty sure its the second one).

About four months ago, and against all advice I started doing at home TCA Crosses. When I started my open pore was so large I could pretty much stick a toothpick into it. Now its almost entirely gone and a fraction of the size. My results were completely unbelievable. Apparently the procedure can be risky and make things even worse but my open pore was so large I was rather convinced it couldn't get much worse. After four months of TCA cross (3 applications) I have had just absolutely incredible improvements. Almost to the point where I feel an obligation to make a thread/guide about how I achieved such great results. I wish you the best of luck friend.