Notifications
Clear all

What Can I Do... Scars? Lost..

MemberMember
(@mas00)

Posted : 08/10/2013 12:21 pm

So I've battled Acne for 12 years of my life. Now I just turned 30 and it seems to be under control "somewhat".

I never ever shave close to the skin because my acne scars really show up, I wish they were where my beard is at

but they are not :( This is the first time I've shave with a razor in like 5 years. I have scars, I've done subcision, done

injections and nothing seems to work. I've been to 2 dermatologst and both have said laser would be bad for my face

because of my skin tone and pigmentation. I got single needles but haven't tried or started yet, but needed some

guidance.

I know... I know.. they are not THAT bad, but hey if I can get clear skin I want to try my closest to get that. I shaved

becuase my electric razor broke and well after shaving just got in a down and out mood so here I am.

Any advice would be helpful or maybe I'm just going to have to take a hard look

in the mirror and coming to the realization that I just have to live with them..

post-115029-0-40670400-1376155246_thumb.

post-115029-0-54435600-1376155259_thumb.

MemberMember
(@quirky-fox)

Posted : 08/10/2013 10:50 pm

Hello! :D

I understand what you're going through. Some will say your scarring is not bad and to get on with life etc. but I know that even if someone tells you this (even if in their eyes it is true) it does not help you. People have told me that my scarring is "not that bad", "you're pretty anyway" etc but it means nothing to me because I don't agree.

As you said, your scarring is mild/moderate but it is there and if it bothers you then yes, stand up and find a solution! :) From your pic it is hard to tell what kind of scarring you have but at a guess I'd say rolling scars and boxcar scars. Am I close? If so then you're suffering from the same problem as me. I have had 5 sessions of Fraxel Re:Store and it gave me maybe a 10% improvement. Absolutely rubbish for $8,500! I truly believe that part of this was because of my ignorance as a consumer and partly because my doctor didn't give a stuff. So if you go into laser, research, research, research! I do not believe that the Fraxel Re:Store is a suitable treatment for acne scarring but there are many lasers out there.

I should also note that my last Fraxel session was years ago now and I still have PIH from the laser. Ick!

The only thing that has given me results was the Dermaroller (the original, German made device - no home treatment crap!). I have seen an 80% improvement in my scarring after 5 sessions of the Dermaroller (with a trained medical esthetician). My rolling scars have responded the best! I am now looking into the eDermastamp to treat my isolated scarring that is left and have set a date for the end of this month. I'm also looking into fillers like Restylane and Belotero for the superficial scars that aren't responding so well to needling; mostly little boxcar scars.

You said you tried injections, can you tell us more about that? And how many subcisions you've done? When you say it hasn't worked do you mean that you saw no improvements at all?

Chin up! If this is important to you then don't give up until you're satisfied. :)

MemberMember
(@mas00)

Posted : 08/11/2013 12:41 pm

I've had at least 3 rounds of saline injections, 1 roudn of saline subcision, and 1 round of subcison (normal)... There has been no improvement..

The thing is I can take a picture from the wide (profile view) and my scars don't show up. It's only at an angle and an over head shot shows them the best.

Maybe I will post one later. Yes i have rolling scars and 3 small box scars most of the scaring is on my left side.

I even started to do saline injections myself.. 3 rounds so far and nothing.. Ater a week my scars are back to normal?

I have never done dermarolling, but i heard the ones online suck and that it is a scam??

MemberMember
(@mas00)

Posted : 08/11/2013 1:32 pm

Here are better pics... I took these in my bathroom with the lights off..

Suggestions would really help..

post-115029-0-33410700-1376245916_thumb.

post-115029-0-83820500-1376245922_thumb.

post-115029-0-33833500-1376245928_thumb.

MemberMember
(@mas00)

Posted : 08/12/2013 3:47 pm

anyone?

MemberMember
(@1weektohappiness)

Posted : 08/12/2013 10:04 pm

I'm pretty sure I have scars very similar to those and this makes me happy cause that doesn't look bad at all.

I've been doing self subcion and Ive gotten around 40% improvement but you said you've already done subcision.

MemberMember
(@mas00)

Posted : 08/13/2013 12:29 am

Yes, I've already done subcison.. it was a watse of money and so was saline injections.. I started to do them myself..